I feel that the tablet is generally a poorly-conceived form factor for a computer. It lacks the means to prop itself upright at a comfortable viewing angle the way a notebook does, so it must be held in the hand at all times, leaving only one hand free to type or navigate the workspace. If you lay it down flat, then you have to crane your neck over it. Even holding one in the lap while sitting requires one's legs to be propped up to provide a good viewing angle. Then there's the fact that you're sticking your fingers all over the viewing surface. I prefer even a small laptop keyboard over the aggravation of using a touchscreen keypad, getting finger smudges all over the screen. In my view, this combination of inconveniences makes tablets generally unsuitable for most kinds of work, and even annoying for entertainment purposes. I prefer not to have my fingers blocking my view when playing a video game, and I prefer watching a movie on a vertical surface instead of on some dinky little device with rounded edges that I have to worry about finding some way to prop upright.
But hey, I can acknowledge that some people like them. They're a new form for portable computers, and seem all futuristic with their glossy, integrated display/input device. They can't do a heck of a lot, but they're thin and light! You can surf the Web on them, but it's a bit of a pain to enter information or type anything longer than a tweet. They're great for playing all kinds of wacky little games, but they generally don't support Flash.
So, meh.
I can acknowledge they might be useful in some industries, like aviation for example, or inventory taking or parking enforcement where people are used to carrying tablets and notepads anyway. But I generally consider them a pointless fashion accessory. I'll stick with my notebook computer, thank you.