Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2010
- Messages
- 13,833
Well, when you have let us know... or don't it doesn't really matter.
Us? Are you Borgs or something? lol.
Well, when you have let us know... or don't it doesn't really matter.
""Monsignors' mutiny" revealed by Vatican leaks
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Call it Conspiracy City. Call it Scandal City. Call it Leak City. These days the holy city has been in the news for anything but holy reasons.
"It is a total mess," said one high-ranking Vatican official who spoke, like all others, on the condition of anonymity.
The Machiavellian maneuvering and machinations that have come to light in the Vatican recently are worthy of a novel about a sinister power struggle at a medieval court." -- Full story: http://news.yahoo.com/monsignors-mutiny-revealed-vatican-leaks-140524856.html
No, I was pointing out the need for common sense. Being "open-minded" to the idea that 2+2=5 is just absurd. Being open-minded doesn't mean being open to ALL ideas.
You do know that I often change my mind don't you?
Are you allowed to use that phrase?
I could have sworn you forfeited that right some time ago.
You do know that I often change my mind don't you? If not, then let me remind you of that. That's a part of not being closed-minded.![]()
I agree that the Dragon Family looks really kooky on the surface...
"Now that he took the leap into this Wonderland of financing as I did, he often pissed me off -- but he made sure that everything was backed by evidence and fact before putting his name on the complaint." --
You realize this is the defendant speaking about his lawyer, and therefore has zero value as corroboration?
I think it has some value.
There has to be some reason for why bother filing such an elaborate lawsuit.
And it could be that the defendant is telling the truth in that quote.
That's what many said about Fulford's information when he said that a huge lawsuit would be filed. It seemed absurd. Yet such lawsuit later WAS filed.
Us? Are you Borgs or something? lol.
It does. It adds weight to the theory that Keenan is running a scam.
Yes. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. And it's "Borg" (singular).
I find it hard to see how such scam would be successful.
I mean if the claims in lawsuit are bogus then it's doubtful that the United Nations will give him any money.
... many defendants will simply offer to settle the case for a sum of money, even before the evidence is examined, just to settle the matter for the lowest cost. Paying $50,000 to Keenan directly is cheaper than paying their lawyers to defend against the trillion-dollar claim.
That's pretty evil.
How can the legal system allow such misuse?
Doesn't that make the court system suck big time?
Yes. Nuisance lawsuits are a big problem in the United States. In fact, as an engineer, defense against product and service liability lawsuits is the primary demotivator against innovation.
Because it was originally set up to allow anyone access to the courts, no matter how limited their means or how lowly their station. It was originally set up to presume that every case had at least some validity, rather than to risk denying justice to the "little man" because his grievance was not sufficiently lofty. These are important considerations in a democracy. It is up to the citizens not to misuse it.
Yes. Hence the call for more aggressive tort reform in the United States.