seayakin
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Nov 30, 2003
- Messages
- 1,441
I'm trying to understand why China and Russia would block the Security Council Decision to sanction Syria see Russia and China Block U.N. Action on Crisis in Syria.
It doesn't seem they would offend anyone in the Arab world since the Arab league has already spoken out against Syria and Syria doesn't have any natural resources they are particularly interested in so the only thing I can think of is that China and Russia don't want to set a precedence whereby the UN Security Council could sanction either of them.
Am I missing something?
It doesn't seem they would offend anyone in the Arab world since the Arab league has already spoken out against Syria and Syria doesn't have any natural resources they are particularly interested in so the only thing I can think of is that China and Russia don't want to set a precedence whereby the UN Security Council could sanction either of them.
Am I missing something?