• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Ron Paul racist rant caught on tape!" (note, in quotes)

Regarding the newsletter, here's some additional information on it from a person who took the time to locate copies and read them:




I checked WorldCat.org, and there are only 2 libraries listed which have copies of Paul's newsletters: The Wisconsin Historical Society is listed as the only source for and The Ron Paul Survival Report, and the University of Kansas is listed as the only source for Dr. Ron Paul's Freedom Report. If anyone here has the time and inclination to visit Wisconsin and Kansas, and is able to get permission to view the newsletters, we might be able to get additional first-hand information; otherwise, Kirchick is probably one of the best sources as far as a knowledgeable description of the contents goes.

The excerpts available online from some of the articles confirms they were indeed written in the first person. And the fact that some articles were bylined by people other than Paul would heighten the impression readers would get that Paul had actually written the unsigned ones. That seems to me to increase the responsibility Paul had for checking the content of these articles and making sure they accurately reflected his views. If these articles did not really represent what he thought, as he now claims, then he was incredibly negligent -- both in his initial choice of the person he hired to ghost-write for him and in his subsequent failure to monitor the pieces which were being printed monthly for decades with every appearance of being by him.

Jew Kirchick got the newsletters from the ADL.
 
Those quotes are shocking and it is hard for me to understand why anyone would not like Martin Luther King. I want to see the whole article. Is Ron Paul lying? King, like everyone, had his faults and, yes, Morris Childs told his agents in the FBI that King was being seen by Soviet agents and looking into Communism. That is why his hotel was bugged.

Chris Rock can get away with saying on stage the exact same thing that got Jimmy the Greek fired and unemployable. So, let's cut to the chase. Show me a quote from one of these newsletters where Paul specifically says he hates people who have black skin and he judges these people as a group just because of the color of their skin.

King’s communist connection
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Levison
 
I don't think Ron Paul wrote anything that bad. Even that bit about shooting car jackers didn't even go that far.

BTW, I cannot support Ron Paul now.

I would just like to ask him a few questions. And, yes, by the way, I have written politicians in the past and they often write me back.

I think I might be the only one in this forum who has seen real racist propaganda. I have seen worse than what Ron Paul says. Also, it is not out of the rhelm of possiblity for a black guy to have written or said the same things Ron Paul says. I bet if a black guy did, you would not give it a second thought.

Ron Paul may not have written the articles in the newsletter but he did and does now attract people who are racists.

You are not the only one on this forum who has seen real racist propaganda.
 
Morton Downey Jr, Ron Paul, Guardian Angel activist Lisa Sliwa, and a couple other people screaming at each other with a call from Charlie Rangel thrown in.

Wow. I'm put into the uncomfortable position of rooting for Ron Paul.
Ah, the Morton Downey Jr. show! They don't make TV like that anymore.
 
I get the feeling based on my personal experience that all you people are white. And so you might not really know what real racism looks like.

That's right! That's why, if you're white, you can't call the KKK or neo-Nazis "racist"....because you don't really know what real racism looks like!
 
Ron is not going to get a pass on this unless he comes out and admits that he used to be a racist, but has now repudiated it, ala George Wallace and Robert Byrd.

But, Ron Paul can't be a racist! Because it's impossible for libertarians to be racist!
Ron Paul said so!
 

Solo told his other FBI agents that undercover Soviet Spys were in the USA trying to recruit -- or whatever -- King. I don't care what a wikipedia web site says. That was the extent of Kings connection to communism. It got a bigger deal after Senators found out that the FBI had bugged King's hotel room because they were looking into his connection to communism. That is all. You should read more books and less wikipedia sites.
 
So now you think white people are genetically incapable of recognizing racism?

No. How can you draw that absurdity from what I wrote?

I do think that lots of white people in the USA have been subjected to virtually no racism and thus cannot recognize it.

I also think white people in the USA feel good about themselves when someone write or says something that seems racially insensitive and they can jump on it and denounce it as "racism". It makes you feel proud. It makes you feel good about yourself. I am suspicious if it. I have to wonder if you are hiding something.

So now you think white people are genetically incapable of recognizing racism?

I wonder about you, man.
 
Well it does seem Black congresspersons of the Progressive Caucus are the ones who always defended government giveaway programs.
I'll be starting a thread in a few minutes on the following since it is off topic, but it amazes me when the narrative becomes the fact.

When you hear considerably more often about the small percentage of our federal budget that goes to provide a safety net for the poor, and you don't hear repeated nearly as often how much the elite white male legislators vote for giveaways to the rich that account for a much much larger proportion of the budget, it becomes your reality that welfare = black legislators are all for reparations or whatever the latest branding of the social safety net is.

Farm subsidies, for example, typically go to rich white landowners. Government welfare in my brain is defined as corporate subsidies and it goes to the most profitable companies. The welfare you are talking about in my brain is defined as a necessary expense of a moral society.
 
Last edited:
Have any idea who subscribed and save those newsletters to released them at this time?

Hint: ADL
Hint, those newsletters have been in the public sphere since they were published. Hint, they were dredged up years ago when Paul made one of his earlier runs for Pres.
 
Wow. I'm put into the uncomfortable position of rooting for Ron Paul.
Ah, the Morton Downey Jr. show! They don't make TV like that anymore.
I didn't know what to make of the shouting match but, yeah, Downey was the Howard Stern reality TV talk host of the day. He followed in the footsteps of Joe Pyne.
 
Those quotes are shocking and it is hard for me to understand why anyone would not like Martin Luther King. I want to see the whole article. Is Ron Paul lying? King, like everyone, had his faults and, yes, Morris Childs told his agents in the FBI that King was being seen by Soviet agents and looking into Communism. That is why his hotel was bugged.

Chris Rock can get away with saying on stage the exact same thing that got Jimmy the Greek fired and unemployable. So, let's cut to the chase. Show me a quote from one of these newsletters where Paul specifically says he hates people who have black skin and he judges these people as a group just because of the color of their skin.


Since you've labeled Jeremiah Wright as a racist here in this thread, do you have verifiable quotes from him saying those exact words about other races?
 
Since you've labeled Jeremiah Wright as a racist here in this thread, do you have verifiable quotes from him saying those exact words about other races?
Well first you might want to respond to where I did that, instead of quoting something else I said.
 
Last edited:
Since you've labeled Jeremiah Wright as a racist here in this thread, do you have verifiable quotes from him saying those exact words about other races?


Well first you might want to respond to where I did that, instead of quoting something else I said.


While the question of whether Jeremiah Wright was a racist could be an interesting topic of discussion, it is a distraction from the topic of this thread. If there is interest in continuing this discussion about Wright, it might be good to start a new thread specifically for that topic. That would make it easier to have a good discussion about Paul (without the train of thought being interrupted by posts about Wright) and a good discussion about Wright (without the train of thought being interrupted by posts about Paul).
 
"How many times did Jerama Wright give a racist rant in his church? For how many years did Obama attend his church without knowing about it? Did Obama attend each service? Shouldn't he know that his name would be associated with this church?"

First page of this thread, post #16 IIRC.
 
... Ron Paul says the quotes were taken out of context ...


The attempt at defending the views expressed in Ron Paul's newsletter by claiming the quotes were taken out of context is one of the weakest that the Ron Paul has put forward.

If someone takes something you have said out of context, the most obvious (and best) defense is to put forward the full statement so that people can see the original and compare it to what has been excerpted. If the apparent meaning of the excerpted version differs significantly from the apparent meaning of the full version, that should be readily obvious -- and you have cleared yourself.

But it doesn't appear to be Ron Paul who has been eager to make public copies of the newsletter pages on which these quotes first appeared. Rather, it has been the critics of Ron Paul who have been doing so.

There is a web site run by Ron Paul's people which has an archive of the newsletter, but the issues available only extend back to 1999.

If I were running for president and had been falsely accused of having said racist things in my newsletter, I would leap at the opportunity to get the entire run available for free online. Just imagine: instead of my having to come up with ways to get people to look up and read things I'd written, my political opponents are sending them over for me! And all I have to do is get the things scanned and posted, get out of the way, and wait for people to read the things for themselves and see how my enemies have been lying about me...

If I had been falsely accused, that is. If the quotes were not taken out of context, I'd probably be a bit more reluctant to make copies available.

Which of those two scenarios matches what's happening now: (a) Ron Paul eagerly making copies of the newsletters available, so people can see for themselves what he said; or (b) Ron Paul making no effort to make the newsletters in question available?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom