• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged The Cain exposé / 4th woman jumps on the Cain train

I see that as a very misogynistic statement. Being sexually harassed by the director of one's workplace does not mean a woman is "trailer trash" or any of the other pejoratives that are normally used to belittle women who complain of that sort of abuse. The "trash" here is the jerk who thought that making women sexually uncomfortable in the workplace was a good policy.

I also allowed his comment to raise my blood pressure. I guess you can always fall back on the wisdom of the mighty Rush, and claim it was a joke. :rolleyes:

1 - Don't call other posters "son;" it's not in the spirit of the forum.

2 - It was a joke.

I apologize for calling you "son", that was out of line, but I was upset.


Stephanie Miller made a cute joke this morning;

"I'm more excited than Herman Cain in a room full of female employees".

I was driving and lol'd. :D
 
Last edited:
I see that as a very misogynistic statement. Being sexually harassed by the director of one's workplace does not mean a woman is "trailer trash" or any of the other pejoratives that are normally used to belittle women who complain of that sort of abuse. The "trash" here is the jerk who thought that making women sexually uncomfortable in the workplace was a good policy.

Jesus Christ, that's 2 of you now. Ok, either I'm really old, or people in the USA Politics section don't remember much USA Politics. Probably both.

There was a guy from Hope, Arkansas named Bill Clinton. He ran for President. During the 1996 campaign, so many women were coming out of the woodwork claiming to have been raped / harassed / diddled that Bill Clinton's former Chief of Staff, Betsey Wright, named the phenomenon - "bimbo eruptions." That's right, a misogynistic statement from a female Democrat.

A couple of the "eruptions" were claims of a long-term affair by Gennifer Flowers and harassment allegations from Paula Jones. When Bill Clinton's attack dog, James Carville, was discussing these women, he used the phrase "when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find." A misogynistic statement from a male Democrat. I posted that link in this thread, with Carville in the quote box.

It was a joke. Geez. I wouldn't even point it out now, except to note that some of the women who are mortified by Cain's actions probably defended Mr. Clinton.
 
Jesus Christ, that's 2 of you now. Ok, either I'm really old, or people in the USA Politics section don't remember much USA Politics. Probably both.

There was a guy from Hope, Arkansas named Bill Clinton. He ran for President. During the 1996 campaign, so many women were coming out of the woodwork claiming to have been raped / harassed / diddled that Bill Clinton's former Chief of Staff, Betsey Wright, named the phenomenon - "bimbo eruptions." That's right, a misogynistic statement from a female Democrat.

A couple of the "eruptions" were claims of a long-term affair by Gennifer Flowers and harassment allegations from Paula Jones. When Bill Clinton's attack dog, James Carville, was discussing these women, he used the phrase "when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find." A misogynistic statement from a male Democrat. I posted that link in this thread, with Carville in the quote box.

It was a joke. Geez. I wouldn't even point it out now, except to note that some of the women who are mortified by Cain's actions probably defended Mr. Clinton.

And a lot of people who are mortified by Cain's action where mortified by Clinton's. Does that make Cain's action less bad?
 
And a lot of people who are mortified by Cain's action where mortified by Clinton's. Does that make Cain's action less bad?
One of Clinton's accusers appears to have been shaking him down, one was batcrap crazy and one wanted revenge because Clinton didn't pardon her dirtbag husband for some felony and hubby offed himself.

I can't be sure about Flowers, but Lewinski was there for some of Clinton's sexual attractions.

Cain aint that damned sexy.
 
Spindrift said:
And a lot of people who are mortified by Cain's action where mortified by Clinton's. Does that make Cain's action less bad?
Every time I give this sub-forum a chance, I regret it. I wonder if there is anywhere at all on the internet where people can rationally discuss politics in a friendly and lively way.

If Cain harassed women, then that was bad. There is no excuse for it. I am not minimizing or excusing it. I wasn't even trying to make a tu quoque argument; I regret that it reads that way in retrospect. I only brought up Clinton to note the sources of the phrases I was using after two separate posters appeared unaware of the Carville reference.

So many women are coming out of the woodwork with Herman Cain, it reminded me of the Clinton "bimbo eruptions." That's it. Full stop. I thought the quote was well-known.

This kind of thing is why Mr. Never-Held-Office Businessman guy generally loses in the primary. Not enough vetting.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, but I am not going to slack off my opinion of casting women as "trash" because they rightfully complain of illegal workplace sexual abuse. And it is ESPECIALLY repugnant if it was done only for political advantage.
 
Note that except for Flowers, nobody heard of the women whom Clinton supposedly abused until AFTER he was elected. If they were that pissed off at him, they would have wanted to see that he was broguht down before he could gain the power to have them hunted down and eliminated. As it is, most of them came out in a manner and at such a time as to suggest that they were trying to shake him down, to gain something financially.

The women coming after Cain have nothing to gain from it other than to see that the dirtbag who abused them never has a chance to do it to the country.

They all have far greater credibility on this point than had Paula Jones, Juanita Brodderick of Cathleen Willey.
 
"Mr. Cain decided to offer her, his idea of a stimulus package" - Allred

"Mr. Cain is actively lying to Americans" - Allred

She is laying her license on the line by calling him a liar on the TV, she looks pissed off.
 
Last edited:
And a lot of people who are mortified by Cain's action where mortified by Clinton's. Does that make Cain's action less bad?

No.

And I'm not sure anyone is "mortified" by Cain's action.

In fact, I've said all along that I'm more concerned with his absurd political statements: that he was "just joking" (but not really) when he proposed an electrified fence that could kill people trying to sneak across our Mexican border, his incoherent position on abortion, his ridiculous economic/tax proposals, and so on.

How he's been handling the sexual allegation story doesn't help his cause any, just as Clinton didn't help himself by lying about the Monica Lewinsky affair (which was not an allegation of a crime, BTW). But then again, Clinton wasn't simultaneously "joking" about killing illegal immigrants and proposing to shift the tax burden further down (off of the highest income people and onto lower income people).
 
He's Toast! This woman is appears really credible, and has probably never seen the inside of a trailer house. Plus Allred had a handful of affidavits from some doctors? who are aware of this case.

Here comes some questions.


Cain releases statement accusing Allred of false allegations live on CNN.
 
Last edited:
It depends. What did Cain do?

According to the press conference, Cain put his hand up her skirt and "towards" her genitals, and also tried to direct her head to his crotch. He allegedly said that this would help her get a job with the NRA. I wouldn't know how that's classified in terms of "harassment" because she didn't work for him at the time. Accuser says that he took her right back to the hotel when she objected, and there were no further incidents. If she's being truthful, Cain is sometimes overly aggressive towards women, but probably not a criminal.
 
According to the press conference, Cain put his hand up her skirt and "towards" her genitals, and also tried to direct her head to his crotch. He allegedly said that this would help her get a job with the NRA. I wouldn't know how that's classified in terms of "harassment" because she didn't work for him at the time. Accuser says that he took her right back to the hotel when she objected, and there were no further incidents. If she's being truthful, Cain is sometimes overly aggressive towards women, but probably not a criminal.

Indeed. Unwanted groping is not sexual harassment; it's sexual assault.
 
According to the press conference, Cain put his hand up her skirt and "towards" her genitals, and also tried to direct her head to his crotch. He allegedly said that this would help her get a job with the NRA. I wouldn't know how that's classified in terms of "harassment" because she didn't work for him at the time. Accuser says that he took her right back to the hotel when she objected, and there were no further incidents. If she's being truthful, Cain is sometimes overly aggressive towards women, but probably not a criminal.

Really? You don't think being in a position to offer someone a job, and insisting that person grant you sexual favors in return for increasing one's chances of getting a job is a crime? You don't think sexual harassment is possible in that situation?

Are you saying that because she wasn't yet an employee, there is nothing Cain could have done that would be illegal?

ETA: I don't know what laws would apply in this case, but here's a discussion of sexual harassment at a job interview from the point of view of MN law. An excerpt of that discussion:
Kinchlow: I think it's interesting to note here also, this is an applicant. Are they protected as much as --

Langevin: They are, yes. No doubt. The law treats applicants and employees quite similarly when it comes to protection from something like sexual harassment.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom