Except a lot of us saw firing on protestors it on the news. You seem to have a blindspot to these things.
I must have missed that indeed. Firing on, hitting, what? Is this video still viewable, or is it just too late for the slow among us? Can ANYONE show me this, since the Funk doesn't like to help people?
Caustic Logic and Little grey rabbit, could one or both of you post your best evidence (a link) not your summaries, I know you've already said a lot and I'm not trying to make work for you. These threads were merged and I just don't want to review 5 pages.
Until you get more specific,
here's my whole site, not complete yet of course. I've been trying to avoid "Spamming" with links.
But faking a popular uprising the backing it with NATO forces is way more than the things we've seen occur.
Oh I would agree. You don't fake an uprising. You'll need people who can shoot guns, thousands at least.
What you might do is fake that it's popular (ETA: Or exaggerate its popularity so it seems a clear and overwhelming majority). It's not hard - we all know it's unfree, that from what we hear it's evil, and we know peoplw are people, so they all or mostly MUST want ot. And maybe they do. But not neccessarily under the rebels, or on our terms. We couldn't let a chance to free the people slide by, but judging by the signs I cited above, a large portion still clearly said please, let it slip away. We can wait.
And besides the perhaps 1 in 4 Libyans who protested in July in solidarity with the government, there were likely many others just lukewarm on the very complex issue. Because in fact the Jamahiriya offered many good things along with the bad (and they're view of the bad is likely much different than our media-managed, exaggerated and demonized perspective), and ditching it all would be seen as risky and frightening to many.
This sounds closer to the secret cabal of the too much TV, too many movies crowd. Sorry.
No that's okay. You just misunderstood. I watch no TV and only a few movies. In fact, I should probably watch more. Might do that.
ETA: To summarize, we have this:
A large number of Libya's people rose up against the government. I won't deny that. It might even be a majority, though I doubt that.
What we don't have is proof that a clear and overwhelming majority of the people has demanded the government go.
So what can we really say about what "the people" want? (hint - there's no one answer, but that's all we gave them)