Jesus was a passifist and, like Ghandi and MLK, that got him killed.
Mo was a kick butt warrior and let lots of military campaigns.
I quite agree…. Jesus was a pacifist….he says many times to turn the other cheek and
Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.
And you are right Mohammad was a warring brigand.
Judging by your stance and others like Virus and other fundamentalist Christians in the USA…..who do you judge to be more in keeping with YOUR IDEOLOGY? It sounds to me you may be more deserving of a warmongering prophet as your god better than a meek cheek turning COWARD….. loving thy neighbor and turning the other cheek are obviously not quite Voguish these days for American Christian Fundamentalists. See
post 251.
Yes….. I said COWARD…… look at how he OBEYED MEEKLY when a Roman Centurion asks him to heal his slave (Matthew 8:5-13)…. He says: “YES SIR, I will rush to your house to heal him right away”. But the centurion was obviously quite a bit more acquainted with godly abilities than Jesus. He informed Jesus that as a god he can just heal by willing it and from far away. A god does not need to go to the house to heal the slave of the Roman centurion with such obedience. But apparently Jesus was not yet versed with godly omnipotence….he did not know that he could heal by willing it. He thought he had to go and maybe mix some spittle with mud (John 9:6) or maybe spray some holy water or say some magic words (Mark 5:41) or some other such CONJURING. Thanks to the centurion he LEARNT that yes…as a god…he can heal at long distance by just thinking about it.
And why do I say COWARD?
Because when the Canaanite woman asked him to heal her daughter (Matt 15:21-28) HE REFUSED to even talk to her. When he finally CONDESCENDED to talk to her he HUMILIATED her and called her a GENTILE DOG and made her GROVEL before he DEIGNED to grant her some CRUMBS from the table of the MASTERS as the dog she was.
He was a COWARD….he treated a superior force with meekly obeisance and the feeble with disdainful reluctance.
Matthew 8:5-13
And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, and saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this [man,] Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it. ] When Jesus heard [it,] he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
John 9:6-7
When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
Mark 15:41
And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise.
Matthew 15:21-28
Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast [it] to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.