Grizzly Bear
このマスクに&#
To avoid further derail of this thread I put my response here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7418284&postcount=9427Wiki isn't the great authority....
To avoid further derail of this thread I put my response here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7418284&postcount=9427Wiki isn't the great authority....
And yet with a complete absence of any of the audio, visual or physical evidence consistent with explosives.
Do you have anything besides old, false, truther memes?
Common sense told us the sun revolved the earth. Common sense tells us that people were burned at the stake in the Salem Witch Trials. Common sense tells us apes are the same as monkeys.
All of those "common sense" facts are wrong.
I note the conspicuous lack of "evidence" and "research" and "reason" in there.
Chris Mohr,
While I appreciate the effort that you've put into your videos, I believe that you've done a grave injustice to John Gross in your portrayal of his comments.
You choose in your profession to be conciliatory, accommodating & sensitive to people's feelings & self-esteem.
Engineers don't have time for that crap.
Gross was 100% correct in his statements.
The punk asking (what he thought were) ambush questions was full of nonsense.
Your portrayal that Gross was dishonest or uninformed is utterly wrong.
You do know, at this late date, that there was little (& very likely, no) molten steel in that rubble, don't you?
Well, Gross knew that back then.
For an engineer's response to a stupid question, based upon a steaming pile of misinformation, Gross' response was a veritable model of decorum & restraint.
The only important consideration: he was right.
He doesn't need, I'm sure he doesn't give two flying farts, about your (or anybody else's) innuendo, or accusations or rationalizations of his words.
Engineers don't have time for that crap, neither...
(How does Myriad end his posts again...? Oh yeah...)
Respectfully,
tom k
Ahh. A person who disagrees with smooth and even being
pretty much polar opposites to fire and damage.
Evidence? My eyes saw fire and damage, twice, and fire, once, result in smooth and even so called "natural collapses."
Save your misdirection and triple butterfly effect collapse double talk.
A car drives into a bunch of trees, its motion is likely to be extremely abrupt & "un-smooth".
The same car drives into a field of corn, its motion will be very smooth. You'd be hard pressed to detect the sudden jolts, even tho each cornstalk is hitting the car very abruptly.
Let's see if you can figure out the difference between these two scenarios & what it says about the "smooth descent" of the 3 buildings.
But that's a foolish request on my part, Clayton. I know you. You're not the slightest bit inclined to even try to understand the effects.
But others might...
tk
A 2,000 pound car vs 2 or 3 adjacent 20 pound corn stalks at a time.
![]()
![]()
![]()
I believe Chris7 (Chris Sarns) told me this. Maybe I misquoted him or he accidentally misstated the video. It's somewhere on the Gage's Next Debate thread/Hi Chris, I have added the rest of your vids to my playlist devoted to them.
I was checking part 16, and noticed you mentioned there is a video of Barry Jennings waving out of a window. I wonder if anyone can link me to it, because all I recall seeing is a recent video with Michael Hess waving and shouting out of it. But not Jennings!
Thx
Dang!Chris Mohr,
While I appreciate the effort that you've put into your videos, I believe that you've done a grave injustice to John Gross in your portrayal of his comments.
You choose in your profession to be conciliatory, accommodating & sensitive to people's feelings & self-esteem.
Engineers don't have time for that crap.
Gross was 100% correct in his statements.
The punk asking (what he thought were) ambush questions was full of nonsense.
Your portrayal that Gross was dishonest or uninformed is utterly wrong.
You do know, at this late date, that there was little (& very likely, no) molten steel in that rubble, don't you?
Well, Gross knew that back then.
For an engineer's response to a stupid question, based upon a steaming pile of misinformation, Gross' response was a veritable model of decorum & restraint.
The only important consideration: he was right.
He doesn't need, I'm sure he doesn't give two flying farts, about your (or anybody else's) innuendo, or accusations or rationalizations of his words.
Engineers don't have time for that crap, neither...
(How does Myriad end his posts again...? Oh yeah...)
Respectfully,
tom k
Why are you off topic? Is it because you have no clue what happen on 911?--- [delete] ---
This is too stupid to engage. There's no polite way of engaging this.
Any ***** video you might want to google on it will show you. If you're not a moron.
So, yes, it is now confirmed. 9/11 beetards claim that WTC 7 fell onto Fiterman Hall.
What is the point of having any discussion here?
You are the one pushing delusional nonsense, and moronic lies.See, I told you you don't understand. Read up about redundancy in steel framed buildings.
Is it necessary to wrap linear charges around all four sides of a column when 3 will do? Only one side held the cladding.
Dang!
I misspoke. I watched my video again, and there's a bad edit in there. Bad because I originally said John Gross denied that there were eyewitnesses who claimed there was molten iron or steel. And indeed, Gross did say in that video which Gage and others play, "There are no eyewitnesses who've said so."
What came out was that I said John Gross denied there was molten steel, and he was wrong. I do go on to explain that the eyewitness accounts of molten steel are undeniable, and I was intending only to acknowledge that Gross was wrong to deny those ACCOUNTS of molten steel.
I am pretty certain that John gross knew that there was probably no molten steel or iron in the debris, and I spend much of the rest of YouTube video #8 explaining why John Gross was RIGHT to assert there was no molten steel or iron. On that one point though I am correct: John Gross was wrong to say there were no eyewitnesses who SAID that. But of course I believe strongly that he was RIGHT to assert no molten steel/iron.
Hope this helps a little.
...
On that one point though I am correct: John Gross was wrong to say there were no eyewitnesses who SAID that. But of course I believe strongly that he was RIGHT to assert no molten steel/iron.
Hey Chris, thanks for the reply about Jennings vs Hess at the window. I think C7 may have gotten mixed up and confused Jennings with Hess. The video I've seen shows Hess shouting out the window. I can link you to it when I locate it.
But on the topic of Gross, I believe you are incorrect. If we are referring to the same video that is:
The video is misleading. The allegation was 'Eyewitnesses found huge pools of molten steel.' The video then cuts to a fireman who doesn't report 'huge pools', as alleged. What he actually says is 'You'd get down below and you'd see.. molten steel, molten steel running down the channel rails.'
So John Gross is ironically supported by the video. Gross refers specifically to the allegation of 'huge pools' - When he says 'I know of absolutely nobody, no eyewitness who said so' he is as accurate as can be.
I see no mistake in his statement, but I charge that the video in which he is shown is very misleading. I guess I'm with TFK on this one.![]()
So there is evidence of molten steel then?
The debunkers argument is based entirely on semantics.
Ok, enough of this. You're probably new enough here to where you haven't seen this brought up over the course of the years, but you need to realize that you're arguing from a false premise and stating an invalid conclusion. First of all, the fact that it's never happened before doesn't mean it is impossible to happen. Second, the one actual controlled experiment - the Cardington tests - did indeed demonstrate what happens to steel when exposed to intense fires. The distortions evident from the Cardington test inform our understanding of the WTC collapses, and demonstrate clearly that the sorts of failure modes either observed in the steel (the main towers) or modeled (WTC 7) can and indeed will occur. Creep, severe distortion of a structure, expansion, etc. were observed in the test rig, and when you apply the principles of behavior established in those tests to the specifics of how either the Twin Towers or 7 World Trade were constructed, you can clearly demonstrate that the fires effects could and indeed did collapse the towers.
There were multiple factors in each towers collapse. For the main towers, the design led to the unfortunate fact that debris impacting the floors sever lateral supports, leading to unstable exterior columns. For 7 World Trade, there's the design that left it vulnerable to thermal expansion of the long-span trusses. Until and unless those are taken into account in analyses, as well as the other unique issues at work that day - not the least of which was the severe damage from the impacts to the main towers, nor the extreme length of time the fire affected 7 World Trade - then blithe write-offs of the notion of steel structures not collapsing under fire are nothing more than demonstrations of ignorance. All the details apply, not simply the gross comparison of steel framed structures.
Furthermore, remember that while there are zero cases of high-rise buildings that are entirely steel framed collapsing, there are indeed cases of steel structures doing so. Take the Kader Toy factory as an example: The only part of the building that remained standing was the non-steel part. The steel part of the structure suffered total failure.
There are other examples I cannot recall off the top of my head. But this argument has been tried before, and has failed. See past threads, such as this one: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133271
The point is that you're attempting to claim that steel structures do not collapse when subjected to fire. All the research that has been done by engineers such as the Arup and University of Edinburgh ones, by the various fire and structural engineering researchers in the US, such as Astaneh-Asl and James Quintiere, and so on all point to the fact that steel can indeed collapse in fires. The fact that no skyscraper has done so yet is a canard: Few suffered the same sorts of fires, none suffered jet impact damage, and among the biggest fires in history, only two or three (Beijing CCTV and Andrus Bank fire in Brazil) were even remotely as large, and I can't think of any off the top of my head where not only no fire retardation systems (i.e. sprinklers, firewalls, etc.) rendered ineffective, but no active firefighting was conducted. The point is, saying that no steel structures have ever collapsed due to fire is like saying no human has ever been killed by supernova or stellar phenomena: The principle is demonstrated very clearly; the fact that it hasn't happened before is not a demonstration that it cannot ever happen.
------
And last: Take care in trying to critique Grizzly Bear's choice of citations. Wiki is to be avoided as a sole and ultimate authority, but when it's used simply as a description of details (such as the structural categorizations that GB was showing), the information is verifiable. You risk writing it off and thus demonstrating ignorance at your own peril; the real critique of a Wikipedia source is whether it's accurate. In too many cases, it's not, but that doesn't extrapolate to all, and you've not demonstrated that it's inaccurate in this specific case to begin with. So don't write it off; address his point, not his source. Your text following your write off does neither; it merely makes an unsupported assertion that professional surprise at the collapses means that the collapses couldn't have happened. As demonstrated by not just the NIST conclusions, but also the Arup findings, the Purdue ones, and other organizations, it's accepted that it indeed occurred. Regardless of surprise.
So there is evidence of molten steel then?
The debunkers argument is based entirely on semantics.
Nope. There is evidence that some people claimed that there was molten steel. Then you knew that already didn't you. But so what if there was molten steel? The whole issue is an irrelevant truther side track - originally intended to support claims of demolition. No truther has ever explained how it could support demolition so......So there is evidence of molten steel then?...
...it isn't a debunkers argument....The debunkers argument is based entirely on semantics.
Man how did we get up to over 1000 posts so fast?
I want to say a few words about explosive sounds and their causes (see my video #7). I'm neither a scientist nor a firefighter, so let me just put in what Triforcharity gave as causes of explosions or explosive sounds in fires:
—HVAC equipment including condensers and compressors
—Cleaning supplies
—CRT type TV's and computer monitors.
—Large motors that have an oil reservoir for lube. (Elevator lift motors)
—Hydraulic pistons found in office chairs.
—Tires in vehicles
—Steam explosions when water hits a hot fire or molten aluminum
—Propane tanks
Now let me add two more things that can generate explosions or explosive sounds:
-- Bombs
-- Crashing sounds of metal smashing against metal in a 100+ mph collapse
So putting on my journalist's hat, I acknowledge that the totality of the evidence I have found so far overwhelmingly opposes the "bombs" proposal. My tendency, then, would be to reject bombs as the source of explosions and explosive sounds.
But if we look at all of theses causes equally at first, we realize that Tri's list above is based on years of experience as a firefighter with special training in these matters, an FDNY first responder, etc. So I can't think of a single reason to eliminate any of these. Some have inherent limitations (tires in vehicles would be less abundant on the 87th floor than in the basement garage, for example). But I can't eliminate a single one as a possibility. And the explosive sounds inherent in these huge building collapses has logic to it as well.
Well, what about bombs? They can certainly create explosive sounds. Do they belong on this list of possibilities? Not if you consider that no one suffered from the kinds of traumas associated with major explosions, the volume of the explosions was way under the 140db of a typical explosive bomb used in demolitions, no demoliton cables or receivers or any other evidence was ever found by the hundreds of people with specialized knowledge of controlled demolition who were combing through the debris pile, etc etc etc.
As Carl Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." To prove such an extraordinary claim as bombing a building in secret, you need first to prove that Tri's list could NOT explain the phemonena, and then find positive proof that bombs were used.