RHolmes
Thinker
- Joined
- Jun 30, 2009
- Messages
- 131
Ladies - things get much better after you're 40. Men hit on you less and you finally stop caring if you bruise their ego by telling them you'd rather pour molten lead up your arse than grant them access to your pudenda.
That said, I got into serveral unpleasant situations and was raped in my 20s, due to naively taking all men at face value. So my advice to younger women is: be polite and friendly, but err on the side of caution.
As for Dawkins, yeah, it'd be good if he could actually talk to Rebecca and try to understand how tiresome* (and sometimes scary) it can be to be subject to unwanted male sexual attention.
*Probably less tiresome for heterosexual women that it was for me. Cue accusations that I am a man-hating lesbian...
That said, I got into serveral unpleasant situations and was raped in my 20s, due to naively taking all men at face value. So my advice to younger women is: be polite and friendly, but err on the side of caution.
As for Dawkins, yeah, it'd be good if he could actually talk to Rebecca and try to understand how tiresome* (and sometimes scary) it can be to be subject to unwanted male sexual attention.
*Probably less tiresome for heterosexual women that it was for me. Cue accusations that I am a man-hating lesbian...