• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Migraines or Mania; What makes Bachmann Tick

TheNooch

Banned
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
357
So it's being reported that Michelle Bachmann has either a debilitating migraine problem, a pill freak problem, or both. I've never had the migraines, but my mother did and she went crazy too, well not in the jeebus kind of crazy way, but just mad.

“When she gets ‘em, frankly, she can’t function at all. It’s not like a little thing with a couple Advils. It’s bad,” the adviser says. “The migraines are so bad and so intense, she carries and takes all sorts of pills. Prevention pills. Pills during the migraine. Pills after the migraine, to keep them under control. She has to take these pills wherever she goes.”

snip

On the evening of May 13, 2010, Bachmann flew to Los Angeles for a series of political and fundraising events. In part because of complications with her flight schedule, Bachmann’s mood plunged. During the entire six-hour flight, she was desperately sick from headaches.

Her husband, Marcus Bachmann, met his wife at LAX and ushered her to a nearby urgent care center. Though Bachmann managed to attend several events in California, including an appearance before a California chapter of the Eagle Forum and a fundraiser in Palm Springs, she struggled through the weekend, in pain throughout.


Can this be it for Bachmann, or can you pray away the head aches?

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/18/s...ncapacitates-bachmann-heavy-pill-use-alleged/
 
As much as I think the Bachmanns are insane and their ideology reprehensible, she gets my sympathy on this one. Migraines just plain suck.
 
She has to listen to her own voice all day, every day. Of course she gets migraines.
 
As much as I think the Bachmanns are insane and their ideology reprehensible, she gets my sympathy on this one. Migraines just plain suck.

Can I assume you have the migraines? Could a person with this condition actually be POTUS? I have seizures, but they don't last for hours, or days, just a couple minutes, and everything is back to normal.

I know she would qualify for medicinal cannabis if she moved to a cool state.
 
As much as I think the Bachmanns are insane and their ideology reprehensible, she gets my sympathy on this one. Migraines just plain suck.

I agree, and I have had only about 5 migraines in the last 15 years. My ex-wife had them all of the time while we were married... My acid reflux went away after the divorce, I wonder if she still has migraines??

Daredelvis
 
Can I assume you have the migraines? Could a person with this condition actually be POTUS? I have seizures, but they don't last for hours, or days, just a couple minutes, and everything is back to normal.

I do, but my migraines aren't debilitating, just really obnoxious and unpleasant. The only thing I really can't do is stare at a computer screen (this is rather inconvenient, as I'm a programmer).

Not knowing how severe her migraines are or how much she's affected by them, I can't really answer as to whether it would prevent her from carrying out her duties as POTUS.

I know she would qualify for medicinal cannabis if she moved to a cool state.

Ever been to Minnesota in winter? Doesn't get much cooler than that... :D
 
Then how the hell does Sarah Palin manage to cope....Oh, right. :D

Alaska has medicinal weed too??


Grrrr stupid state I live in...


My brother used to get pretty rough migraines as a kid. I dated a girl who had them as well. Usually the only thing either of them could do is lay in a quiet room with maybe a cold compress. There's medicine available now, like Imitrex. But it certainly isn't something I would wish on even Bachmann. A true misery.
 
Not knowing how severe her migraines are or how much she's affected by them, I can't really answer as to whether it would prevent her from carrying out her duties as POTUS.

Well, if the stories in the OP link are true, I don't see how anyone could be POTUS and have to take hours, or perhaps days out of their schedule at the drop of a hat.

It is being alleged on the internets that perhaps T-Paw is behind this story in some devious plot to get into the race.

The story had two sources who were obviously high level staff members or connected to high level staff members who worked for Michele Bachmann. A third person verified that Michele Bachmann does indeed get migraines. I had a suspicion that the Pawlenty campaign was behind the hit, since they have one of Bachmann's former Chiefs of Staff, Ron Carey, supporting the campaign. The campaign has used Carey to attack Bachmann in the past. And the fact that Pawlenty's path requires that he beat Bachmann in the Ames straw poll next month.


http://elections.americablog.com/2011/07/did-team-pawlenty-drop-bachmann-is.html
 
Well, if the stories in the OP link are true, I don't see how anyone could be POTUS and have to take hours, or perhaps days out of their schedule at the drop of a hat.

Well, the problem is that the stories in the OP link are mostly hearsay and rumors. So yeah, if they're true, it's a problem; if they're exaggerated (and that's definitely a possibility), it may not be.
 
I have two cousins (who are siblings) who suffer from very debilitating migraines. They both say that there's little warning when a migraine comes on and they end up in the hospital for several days because of the intense pain that they endure. Intervenous Morphine is the only thing that takes any edge off of the pain. Luckily, for both of them, they only get one or two a year. But those do basically wipe them out for a whole week at a time.

I get migraines, but nothing to the degree that my cousins get them. Mine do tend to be stress induced. I imagine there's a lot of stress involved in being President...
 
has anyone noticed that the media has universally edited her statement to make it seem clearer and less nonsensical? Well, it’s either that or they all cut and paste from each other.

What most of the media outlets are reporting that she said: (from USA Today)

"I have prescribed medication that I take whenever symptoms arise, and they keep the migraines under control," Bachmann said in her statement. "Let me be abundantly clear -- my ability to function effectively has never been impeded by migraines and will not affect my ability to serve as commander in chief."

Which seems to be a clear logical statement. However what she really said was this: (source)

I have prescribed medication that I take on occasion whenever symptoms arise and they keep my migraines under control," she told reporters. "But I'd like to be abundantly clear: my ability to function effectively will not affect my ability to serve as commander in chief."

Which really doesn’t make a lot of sense.
 
Last edited:
I get migraines, but nothing to the degree that my cousins get them. Mine do tend to be stress induced. I imagine there's a lot of stress involved in being President...

Yeah, well Bachmann says it's her shoes...

To staff, Bachmann has implausibly blamed the headaches on uncomfortable high-heel shoes, but those who have worked closely with her cite stress, a busy schedule and anything going badly for Bachmann as causes.

From what I know about migraines, if I thought my shoes were the cause, I'd go barefoot.
 
Well, for what it's worth, here's her take on it...



It does seem to contradict what everyone else is saying, but that not new for Michelle.

Here's Cenk, with his take...

 
"my ability to function effectively will not affect my ability to serve as commander in chief."

That's all you need to know right there.

She's a clown, paving the way for a late entry Perry or Jeb Bush run.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom