• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Migraines or Mania; What makes Bachmann Tick

Karl Rove thinks she should get out in front of this story and have her doctors explain just what is wrong with her. That would certainly be entertaining.

 
Moses' hair instantly turned white upon witnessing the burning bush, so I expect migraines are expected when the Lord Almighty speaks to you.
 
I have migraines myself. While I was being worked up in the VA hospital, I met a few people with even more severe symptoms than mine. One of them complained about auditory halucinations as a part of his aura.

Might explain something about Bachmann's motivations.
 
"my ability to function effectively will not affect my ability to serve as commander in chief."

That's all you need to know right there.

She's a clown, paving the way for a late entry Perry or Jeb Bush run.

I read that as her stating that she can function effectively but said effective functioning won't impede her being POTUS...
 
Well, it appears Bachmann took Rove's advice, and in less than a day, released this note from a doctor. The following is what Bachmann believes is required to put this to rest, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

picture.php



So, she has the aura kind and she knows what the triggers are. She says the trigger is her high heeled shoes, her staff says otherwise, yet she still wears the pumps. How many of you, with migraines, would continue to do the very thing that you believe to be the cause of a few days of hell?

Oh, and the way the Dr. clarified that she hasn't needed "medical attention from me", leaves the door open that she has been to the urgent care several times over the last few years, like the evidence suggests.
 
So, she has the aura kind and she knows what the triggers are. She says the trigger is her high heeled shoes, her staff says otherwise, yet she still wears the pumps. How many of you, with migraines, would continue to do the very thing that you believe to be the cause of a few days of hell?

Back when I was a teenager, and REALLY had a problem with migraines, I think I would have had little trouble giving up one or both testicles if I knew it would stop them.
 
Today, T-Paw took another shot at Bachmann with these little quips...

“I certainly would defer to the judgment of the medical professionals, but setting that aside, all of the candidates, I think, are going to have to be able to demonstrate they can do all of the job all of the time,” Mr. Pawlenty told reporters as he campaigned through Iowa on Wednesday.

“If you’re going to be president of the United States you’ve got to be able to do the job every day, all the time. There’s no real time off in that job,” Mr. Pawlenty said.

Ouch!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...ds-to-migraine-questions-with-doctors-letter/
 
"my ability to function effectively will not affect my ability to serve as commander in chief."

That's all you need to know right there.

She's a clown, paving the way for a late entry Perry or Jeb Bush run.

This whole thread is silly. People hate her so much they will use anything (sensical or not). I don't know why because she isn't black.


BTW the internet tells me sensical is not a word. I wasn't sure how to spell it.
 
People hate her so much

Perhaps "hate" is too strong a word, but you might want to consider the reasons people have for actively disliking her. Objectively speaking, she's an ignorant, hateful bigot, and I believe she deserves every scrap of disdain she receives.
 
Yeah, well Bachmann says it's her shoes...

With apologies to Dr. Seuss. . .

Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be, perhaps, that her shoes were too tight.
It could be her head wasn't screwed on just right.

But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that her heart was two sizes too small.
 
And I demand an immediate investigation into the legality of her prescribing drugs ;)

You know, this may bewhy she does not say as many stupid things on a regular basis as a certain other woman in the mix, but says some freakishly strange things when she does open her pie hole.

Cafergot controls my migraines pretty well, but I have met some people on more high-tech drugs who get really strange when they are medicated.

Which, of course, still does not rule out the possibility that she is just plain nuts.
 
The migraines seems a non-story to me but I was wondering why she seems to keep saying "commander in chief" and not "President"? I know the president of the USA is the commander in chief but that's only one of the responsibilities of the office. To me it seems a strange thing to do, I would have thought for a political campaign for the Presidency she'd want to keep using the word President in reference to herself?
 
To me it seems a strange thing to do, I would have thought for a political campaign for the Presidency she'd want to keep using the word President in reference to herself?

Of course, if you are a religious whackadoodle who thinks that it is God's will that we stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Israel to sort out the Muslims...
 
Migraines are often co-morbid with epilepsy. There is a significant overlap of symptoms between the two, and both of these disorders may be caused by the same underlying unnamed brain abnormality. This abnormality may be due to brain damage and/or genetics.

Scarier still, there is also a well-known association between epilepsy and religious visions. This may indicate that when Bachmann talks about the "End Times" or her insane religious convictions, she may be sincere and is not just pandering to right-wing Christians. This makes her scarier, in my opinion.

I really hope she can find the proper treatment for her health issues. Running for president and being president are obviously very stressful, and stress is an important trigger of migraine attacks and epileptic seizures. This could seriously compromise her ability to perform. Worse yet, medications for epilepsy often have troubling side effects. There is even a link between epilepsy and other mental disorders, like depression.
 
Last edited:
I read that as her stating that she can function effectively but said effective functioning won't impede her being POTUS...

Which make little sense.

I read that as her admitting that migraines impair her ability to function, but that impairment would not impair her ability to be POTUS.
 
The migraines seems a non-story to me but I was wondering why she seems to keep saying "commander in chief" and not "President"?

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before . . .
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom