• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Germany E. coli Outbreak One of Largest on Record"

How do you get that he's a CT guy? He might be, but not from that post.


CNN's latest reports it's suspected cucumbers, but not yet proven. Also, a German guy is recommending against eating cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes. That makes no sense whatsoever.
 
How do you get that he's a CT guy? He might be, but not from that post.


CNN's latest reports it's suspected cucumbers, but not yet proven. Also, a German guy is recommending against eating cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes. That makes no sense whatsoever.

The vegetables are all in on it?
 
You be CTist? If so, do consider this: If they™ unleashed the disease, then why not stick to a story? Jumping from one source to another causes more suspicion. Teh mind of a CTist, truly peculiar.

How do you get that he's a CT guy? He might be, but not from that post.


CNN's latest reports it's suspected cucumbers, but not yet proven. Also, a German guy is recommending against eating cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes. That makes no sense whatsoever.


Got a little confused there, misread. Nevermind, do continue ;)
 
I thought they were talking about O157, but they're not - the exact serotype was given on the Radio 4 news, but I can't find it online.

Anybody know?

ETA: Got it - O014.

Rolfe.
 
Last edited:
I thought they were talking about O157, but they're not - the exact serotype was given on the Radio 4 news, but I can't find it online.

Anybody know?

Rolfe.

From MSNBC:

Two in U.S. infected in German E. coli outbreak
(...)
The victims have been hospitalized with serious, life-threatening complications of E. coli infections caused by rare bacteria that have taken scientists by surprise, said Dr. Robert Tauxe, deputy director of foodborne, bacterial and mycotic diseases at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Infection.
"We have never seen that organism before," Tauxe told msnbc.com.
He's referring to E. coli 0104:H4, a dangerous strain of the bacteria that can cause many of the problems of the better-known E. coli 0157:H7, including bloody diarrhea and the potentially deadly hemolytic uremic syndrome, or HUS.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43227702/ns/health-infectious_diseases/
 
Hmmm, one source say O014, other say O104. I can't remember what the radio said.

Another Google says it's definitely O104. Trust me to find the one source that had a typo!

Rolfe.
 
I already refuse to purchase organic foods and I wash all my produce thoroughly. If I still get it from a high water content plant I suspect some God out there does exist and is really ticked off at me.
 
I already refuse to purchase organic foods and I wash all my produce thoroughly. If I still get it from a high water content plant I suspect some God out there does exist and is really ticked off at me.

:jaw-dropp
 
Does this mean Japan will be phasing out organic cucumbers by 2022?
 
One feels immensely stupid suffering from a food poisoning after having seen the guy at the restaurant chop vegetables with the same knife on the same table that he used to chop chicken a while ago...

Little things amount to big things. Gut feelings are hard to forget.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom