mhaze
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 10, 2007
- Messages
- 15,718
There really isn't any use in your arrogant lecturing tone, since I stated at the onset that I solved the problem by stockpiling bulbs that were no longer available.Wrong on several counts.
First of all, as I've said repeatedly, the law exempts reflector lights from the new energy efficiency standards.
Second, even if the law required you to buy, for example, these:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
rather than the traditional 90w flood light (and it doesn't), it wouldn't cost you $1000. It would cost about $30 for 6 bulbs.
And finally, even if the law did pertain to the floodlights in question (and it doesn't since they're reflector lights), the law does not require that you replace the lights you currently have installed. You can leave them there as long as they keep working, if you choose.
Ignoring previously stated facts, and technical considerations, and continuing to post nonsense that alleges that halogens or CFLs will do the job is lying by omission on your part. That's because I'd already stated they were not suitable.
Why all the lying, Joe? Is it in the pursuit of some "generally plausible social good"?