• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Releasing the Osama kill photo

Should the photo(s) be released?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 52.4%
  • No

    Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 30 13.1%

  • Total voters
    229
I heard on the news this morning that the white house is trying to decide whether to release a "death" photo of Osama. Do you think they should?

The details seem to imply it is a fairly gruesome picture, regarding head damage.

Personally, I vote no.

I'm not sure what benefit they think will come from it. The nutters will simply claim it's photoshopped.
 
Release them! Failure to do so will only perpetuate the theory that OBL was actually killed several years ago and the current events are nothing but a misleading PR campaign. Occurring RIGHT before the 10-yr anniversary of 9/11, as Obama's approval ratings and the public approval of international U.S. military actions are at an all-time low? The body of arguably the world's most wanted criminal for the last decade mysteriously "buried at sea," a day after he was killed? In an age in which every cell phone can take photos, and in which every U.S. special ops member has a streaming video camera on his/her person to instantly liaise with central command, why has absolutely no evidence (other than one fake, clearly doctored, photo) been seen yet? Given the abundance of violent material and media that we Americans are bombarded with on a near-constant basis, I can't believe that this can be explanined by a government attempt at protecting our innocence or ensuring that our children do not have nightmares. Maybe they are refraining because it would portray bin Laden as that much more of an anti-imperialism hero/martyr, but I don't think that is the reason either. The failure to release this material, which would be such incredibly powerful propaganda supporting our "war on terror" and continued involvement in the middle east, raises a few questions.........

Yeah...this isn't making any difference. Latest approval polls have his rating going up by a whole whopping point. ;)
 
I say yes, but only because I am morbidly curious and want to be titillated with gore.






















...What?
 
I say yes, but only because I am morbidly curious and want to be titillated with gore.

...What?
.
Rent ALL the SAW movies.
Totally pointless and illogical bloodshed from start to finish.
 
I voted yes. But we should wait a while. Let the whole situation cool down some. Maybe in a couple months...
 
I think they should release them. I'd like to see how good of a job our NWO make up/special effects team did on the bin Laden "death" job. I heard Carl is managing the project now.
 
I'm not sure I believe that releasing it would have no effect on conspiracy theories. I think there are a lot of regular people out there who are somewhat uninformed and have been caught up in the media fartstorm of the past two years who might have doubts that would be laid to rest if it's put out there.

Not conspiracy nuts who will cry "photoshop," just people who would feel like something is fishy if it weren't released.
 
Hang on a minute there ladies and gents. I am not a "nutter", or CT, or whatever derogatory label can best be used to hand wave away a semi-legitimate question.

The extraordinary claim, I would argue, is that OBL was found and killed.

Extraordinary if for no other reason than they couldn't do it for 10 years.

At this point, what evidence do we have? The word of our President. Well, even though I more or less support this one, the former one proved that they can and will tell bold faced lies (though, honestly, the WMD lies weren't the only proof that presidents can/will lie).

The govt. absolutely has an incentive to lie about this, and could likely (to my mind) get away with it indefinitely. If OBL releases a video, you have the CIA expert go on the Sunday morning talk shows and explain that it is an impostor.

Perhaps the photos would not be air-tight evidence anyway, and I don't even know how I feel about the OP (though I do lean slightly towards releasing them), but I don't think we are seeing excellent skepticism in this thread.

If I have missed some evidence, then nevermind. I haven't really been combing the news.

(ETA: I do think he is dead, for the record. I just think that questioning this is absolutely valid, and shouldn't be hand-waved away).
 
Last edited:
I see no reason to.

Not releasing them is a good way to show contempt for bin Laden.
 
63 say yes vs. 33 no and yet most of the posts are against it...that's weird.

I voted yes, just because I want to see him as he should have been decades ago.
 
The CT nutters won't believe any death photos no matter what anybody says. I'm seeing the same thing right now with the birthers who are still insisting that Obama's newly released long form birth certificate is a forgery. It doesn't matter what anyone says or does----they will continue to believe what they do because they are desperate to show that Obama is the anti-Christ or something.

As far as the propriety of releasing any photos-----I'm ambivalent. I don't think it will do any good, and it certainly won't keep the nutters from claiming they're fake. This morning I read an article at Yahoo news, saying that some Muslim clerics are upset because a burial at sea, even after all other Islamic laws on funerals were followed, is inappropriate.

You know what-----screw that. OBL & company didn't give a rat's ass about the nearly three thousand people he killed on 9/11 or THEIR funeral customs, so I can think of no valid reason why anyone should care about his. Most of them never got the funeral or burial they wanted thanks to him. As it is, he has been granted far more respect in this matter than any of his victims, Muslim or non-Muslim ever were. I never heard any of these clerics griping about that.

If it had been my decision, I'd have dropped him in the nearest dumpster for the Friday morning pick-up.
 
Last edited:
Personally, I voted "not sure".

That's because if people expect a photo of the dead OBL to convince the conspiracy nuts that he really is dead, I think they're kidding themselves. Especially if there is massive head trauma, the CT and jihadist holdouts (plus other nutwads) will just claim it's a Photoshop job.

Bottom line: those who want to believe that OBL isn't actually dead will rationalize away any amount of evidence.
 
Meh, I don't really care one way or the other. The bastard's fish food - that's all that matters to me.
 
I can't see any benefit to doing this. If anything, it will perpetuate his image as a martyr among some people.
I want the image that his followers have in their minds to be him dead with his brains blasted out of his skull, not defiantly posing with an AK-74.

Release the pics.
 
The idea that photos or something similar are required to prove the U.S. claims don't really make any sense to me. If the U.S. is lying about having killed Bin Laden, I'm sure the man himself will release a video tape referencing this event and demonstrating that he is indeed still breathing. Why wouldn't he take such an opportunity to yet again poke his finger at the U.S.?
You don't get it... the conspiracy nutters think OBL never really existed, he was an actor working for the CIA making videos to fool the world into thinking all those bad things were done by some terrorist group rather than by the CIA/Mossad/Jews/New World Order/etc etc.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom