• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Releasing the Osama kill photo

Should the photo(s) be released?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 52.4%
  • No

    Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 30 13.1%

  • Total voters
    229
I think they should EVENTUALLY be released. This is part of History now, and an important part. But there is no need for immediate gratification.

I think I agree with this.

This is a fantastic opportunity for America to show a lot of restraint. We need to show that our involvement in the Middle East is not about a war against any religion, a war over oil, or a chance to show off military superiority. This is about getting rid of bad people. Displaying the photo runs the risk of sending a message that this is some sort of threat to anyone who opposes us. I can't see any good coming of it.
 
I remember watching as people jumped out of windows in the WTC towers and people hanging out of windows as the fires raged, I doubt these photos can be as horrifying as that.


It could ... if you saw some pictures of the remaining parts of those people hitting the ground at the WTC.
 
It could ... if you saw some pictures of the remaining parts of those people hitting the ground at the WTC.

No, those are dead people and dead people don't horrify me, what I find horrific is terrible things happening to living people.
 
Why? So his picture can be in all the papers, magazines, and TV shows? Let's not celebrate this man any more than we have to. The less his face appears, the sooner he'll disappear from history.
 
I suppose the side question beyond whether we think the white house should release those photos, is will they. While I voted 'no' to the former, I am confident the photos will in fact be released.
 
I'm sure the pictures are going to be released, and as was mentioned above, it's a part of history. Think about all the photos of dead dictators and criminals that exist.

At least Bin Laden's body is gone, and there will never be a grave for any followers to turn into a shrine.
 
Why would the photo's have to be released? To convince the doubters and conspiracy believers that he really is dead? Nothing in the world can convince them of bin Laden's dead. In their world, if there is no evidence, it is either not true or covered up, and if there is evidence, it is faked. You can't win. I'm surprised the White House doesn't know this.
 
The idea that photos or something similar are required to prove the U.S. claims don't really make any sense to me. If the U.S. is lying about having killed Bin Laden, I'm sure the man himself will release a video tape referencing this event and demonstrating that he is indeed still breathing. Why wouldn't he take such an opportunity to yet again poke his finger at the U.S.?
 
Release them! Failure to do so will only perpetuate the theory that OBL was actually killed several years ago and the current events are nothing but a misleading PR campaign. Occurring RIGHT before the 10-yr anniversary of 9/11, as Obama's approval ratings and the public approval of international U.S. military actions are at an all-time low? The body of arguably the world's most wanted criminal for the last decade mysteriously "buried at sea," a day after he was killed? In an age in which every cell phone can take photos, and in which every U.S. special ops member has a streaming video camera on his/her person to instantly liaise with central command, why has absolutely no evidence (other than one fake, clearly doctored, photo) been seen yet? Given the abundance of violent material and media that we Americans are bombarded with on a near-constant basis, I can't believe that this can be explanined by a government attempt at protecting our innocence or ensuring that our children do not have nightmares. Maybe they are refraining because it would portray bin Laden as that much more of an anti-imperialism hero/martyr, but I don't think that is the reason either. The failure to release this material, which would be such incredibly powerful propaganda supporting our "war on terror" and continued involvement in the middle east, raises a few questions.........
 
Release them! Failure to do so will only perpetuate the theory that OBL was actually killed several years ago and the current events are nothing but a misleading PR campaign. Occurring RIGHT before the 10-yr anniversary of 9/11, as Obama's approval ratings and the public approval of international U.S. military actions are at an all-time low? The body of arguably the world's most wanted criminal for the last decade mysteriously "buried at sea," a day after he was killed? In an age in which every cell phone can take photos, and in which every U.S. special ops member has a streaming video camera on his/her person to instantly liaise with central command, why has absolutely no evidence (other than one fake, clearly doctored, photo) been seen yet? Given the abundance of violent material and media that we Americans are bombarded with on a near-constant basis, I can't believe that this can be explanined by a government attempt at protecting our innocence or ensuring that our children do not have nightmares. Maybe they are refraining because it would portray bin Laden as that much more of an anti-imperialism hero/martyr, but I don't think that is the reason either. The failure to release this material, which would be such incredibly powerful propaganda supporting our "war on terror" and continued involvement in the middle east, raises a few questions.........

There we go. Why do you call that photo fake? And why would you believe the unreleased photo's are not fake?
 
I know if they release them I'm going to look out of curiosity and I'm going to be disgusted and I'm going to have nightmares. So forget it. Releasing the photos won't change the minds of anybody who doesn't believe what happened anyway.
 
It's really disappointing that anyone would mention releasing the photos for the sake of appeasing the conspiracy theorists. What a ludicrous idea.
 
It's really disappointing that anyone would mention releasing the photos for the sake of appeasing the conspiracy theorists. What a ludicrous idea.

The photos shouldn't be released for the Conspiracy Theorists, I just think of it as a part of history, as a final footnote in this terrorists life.
 
We also have to consider the possibility that anti-Muslim factions will photocopy zillions of copies and append them to political tracts suggesting that this is the fate that should befall any Muslim leader, no matter how benevolent of malevoent the sect or movement is.

Or they could just post the pictures around the local mosque to suggest that we as a society despise Muslims.

Not much to be gained in any case. There are still going to be drongos who think that it is all fake.
 
Why would the photo's have to be released? To convince the doubters and conspiracy believers that he really is dead? Nothing in the world can convince them of bin Laden's dead. In their world, if there is no evidence, it is either not true or covered up, and if there is evidence, it is faked. You can't win. I'm surprised the White House doesn't know this.

I think the White House does know this, as well as what happened when the photos of the Hussein brothers were released.

I don't know what will ultimately be decided. But I don't think they should be released. I see more bad effects than good.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom