I'm asking whether you think ID could have substance or if the notion of objective measurement is impossible from the start.
If, hypothetically speaking, it happens to not be impossible from the start, you wouldn't know that from the stance of current Intelligent Design advocates. They have so far wasted all of their time with assertions, denials, analogies, semantics tricks, etc.
If I.D. is going to transform into a real science, they are going to need some
seriously higher-quality researchers.
If I.D. turns out to be real, (and I honestly can't say its
impossible, though I will say it is extremely unlikely)...
it will change the world forever! Far more dramatically than
anything else ever done in science!
Think about the impact knowledge of our Design would have on medical research and species conservation!! It boggles the mind!!
(So, what are they waiting for?!)
Now, I do believe NeoDarwinism cannot explain macroevolution
We know that "macroevolution" is really the sum of lots of "microevolutions" over time. We can see this happening in computer simulations. But, if you're not going to buy those, we can collect other evidence to support the idea, too.
One example, in the wild, finds mosquitoes evolving new features to parasitize rats since the opening of the London Underground:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_mosquito
We also know macroevolution works within artificial selection. This example about how wild cabbage has been turned into many different vegetables we know today:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_30
What would make it
impossible for nature to do the same sort of thing, but at a slower rate?
Macroevolutionary thinking seems to be "correct enough" to save the endangered Kakapo:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news/060401_kakapo
Further reading:
Obseved instances of Speciation:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html
Evidence collected that confirms Macroevolution models:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
Here is a summary of the issue:
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB902.html
Can you refute any of the scientific findings in those links?
If Intelligent Design is supposed to be a
superior science, then what new findings could it add to this discussion?