• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Brothers Karamozov - Kindle Help

Ahhh, yes. I wanted to steer clear of that until I knew which version of the book was considered the best translation into English for the Kindle.

Fixed it.

I had thought the title of the thread, the link in the OP, and the question in the OP would have made that clear. Looks like I've fallen for the classic "assume" blunder! :D
 
facepalm_jim_76437.jpg


Should I just restart the thread.
 
[qimg]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pEeNnjibhD0/TXmz-bv3imI/AAAAAAAAEbM/SUsTcFuDaIw/facepalm_jim_76437.jpg[/qimg]

Should I just restart the thread.


LOL

If you don't feel like typing TBK into MSWord, unfortunately it doesn't look like you have much of a choice.

From someone who apparently knows what she is talking about:

Well, I checked amazon and I wouldn't recommend any of the ones available on kindle right now. Most are the public domain versions of Garnnett, and the couple that aren't don't have linked foot/endnotes. On a large work translated from Russian that means a lot of extra work to get it read because the notes are important to understanding the works. As Geemont said, the Pevears is a really good translation. I went ahead and clicked on the make it kindle for you :D

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php?topic=10034.0
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom