Belz...
Fiend God
The excerpt you posted is for a different TEPCO plant. The problematic reactors are at Fukushima Daiichi.
Yes, I spotted that afterwards. My bad.
Why did they have to name both of them so similarily ?
The excerpt you posted is for a different TEPCO plant. The problematic reactors are at Fukushima Daiichi.
As long as they're not counting it as ichimai in the days to come - we're ok.Yes, I spotted that afterwards. My bad.
Why did they have to name both of them so similarily ?![]()
http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sh...ation-threatens-devastated-japan/20110313.htmIn south-western Japan, the 1,421-metre Shinmoedake volcano erupted on Sunday, ringing alarm bells as ash and rocks shot up into the sky, but it was not immediately clear if it was a fallout of the massive earthquake.
After tsunami and quake, volcano erupts in Japan
http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sh...ation-threatens-devastated-japan/20110313.htm
This is really starting to look like a made for TV movie.
![]()
I've tried to discuss issues and I'm certainly not fear mongering. I'm not paranoid about nuclear power, and my post a few pages back was attacked. It made me hesitant to say anything.I don't think it is. To be honest I don't think I have seen too much discussion of the actual hazards. There seems to be a lack of perspective because we are discussing a nuclear risk rather than any other.
If we were evacuating people because an oil refinery might explode I doubt people would be discussing the entire future of the oil industry.
I think people are struggling with the concept of a nuclear power plant exploding and radiation being released and yet somehow it not being a totally catastrophic world ending event.
Other people seem to simply be wanting us all to agree that its the end of the world and we only have ourselves to blame.
The "alert" you note is the same as the email service, and it is not the page where real time quakes are displayed.But if you notice when the alert went out:
The USGS does have a dense network of sensors in the US that allows posting fast alerts for quakes in the US. The Japanese Meteorological agency runs a large network of sensors in Japan and does fast alerts for Japan.
Not an issue, and it actually spewed ash before the quake. And there are other active volcanos on Kyushu. I've been to Mt Aso and it was steaming nicely at the time.Strange. I've been watching a good mix of CNN, Fox, MSNBC, ABCnews, and the BBC pretty consistently, and this is the first I'm hearing of it...it erupted Sunday (almost two days ago).
I can't imagine this is a major concern for Japan at the moment.
Strange. I've been watching a good mix of CNN, Fox, MSNBC, ABCnews, and the BBC pretty consistently, and this is the first I'm hearing of it...it erupted Sunday (almost two days ago).
I can't imagine this is a major concern for Japan at the moment.
How long will cooling take and is hydrogen generated throughout the process?
And the Panic is having an effect:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...uclear-plant-closures/articleshow/7709973.cms
Merkel is really striking me as a weak politician, who seems to be afraid of standing up to any political pressure.
After tsunami and quake, volcano erupts in Japan
http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sh...ation-threatens-devastated-japan/20110313.htm
This is really starting to look like a made for TV movie.
![]()
I am really hoping the gang at SKeptic's guide goes Nuclear (pun intended) on the way the media has mishandled this situation.
It is a minor eruption in a fairly remote part of Japan but still it is reaching the point where the only bad thing not happening to Japan is a visit from Godzilla and Mothra....
As for hydrogen being generated, I think that could very well be an ongoing process, but I will defer to someone with more expertise on that question.
Started a thread in this section about some lame and offensive attempts at humor about the tragedyvia Twitter by Gilbert Gottfried and 50 Cents.
Heard about that at lunch earlier. Those douchebags need to be slapped, along with Glenn Beck, Anderson Cooper, and Wolf Blitzer. And the dumbass mayor of Tokyo, whatever his name is![]()