• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged 8.8 quake in Sendai, Japan

Are you in Osaka too, shuize?

I'm almost surprised you felt it underground. I thought I only felt the quake because my building was swaying. It seemed to last for about ten or fifteen minutes which is much longer than usual.


Yes, I'm in Osaka as well.

I was in the first floor basement. I thought I was just feeling dizzy and the feeling only seemed to last for a few seconds. I don't think anyone else where I was knew it was an earthquake right away either.
 
Last edited:
Hearing from people in Tokyo that it doesn't seem to be too bad there, which is a relief. Seems that people nearer the epicentre have suffered badly.

The nuclear story at the minute seems to be a precautionary measure mixed with newspaper headline grabbing. I would imagine that a nuclear emergency could include any number of not too serious situations that could potentially escalate to an issue if not addressed.
 
What causes the big ass whirl pool in the bottom video, here?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/11/japan-tsunami-video_n_834387.html
I think it is because of the shape of the harbour brakewaters and that the tsunami hit it at an angle.

I hope everyone is okay and stays okay with the following aftershocks (and possible after tsunamis).

What hit me about the strength of this earthquake is what they said on our national news about an half hour ago. They detected the earthquake and the ground here went more than 10 mm up and down.
Mind you I'm in the Netherlands and about as far from Japan as can be on this earth, but this earthquake was strong enough to move the ground here 1 cm up and 1 down.
 
hi

does anyone know if borneo is in danger of tsunami hit. ive not seen any warnings for there. my brother is over there looking after monkeys in sepilok on the ne coast? quite worried.

lxxx
 
hi

does anyone know if borneo is in danger of tsunami hit. ive not seen any warnings for there. my brother is over there looking after monkeys in sepilok on the ne coast? quite worried.

lxxx

The entire Pacific basin is under tsunami watch, warning or advisory. Technically, I'm under it as well, but they are only expecting a 2 foot tsunami here.
 
Wow, hang in there puppycow. Hope you get out safe. Err on the side of safety. PLEASE!
 
I think it is because of the shape of the harbour brakewaters and that the tsunami hit it at an angle.

I hope everyone is okay and stays okay with the following aftershocks (and possible after tsunamis).

What hit me about the strength of this earthquake is what they said on our national news about an half hour ago. They detected the earthquake and the ground here went more than 10 mm up and down.
Mind you I'm in the Netherlands and about as far from Japan as can be on this earth, but this earthquake was strong enough to move the ground here 1 cm up and 1 down.

Did you see the 'scale' of that whirlpool?

There was a boat caught in it as well...this is truly horrifying.
 
hi

does anyone know if borneo is in danger of tsunami hit. ive not seen any warnings for there. my brother is over there looking after monkeys in sepilok on the ne coast? quite worried.

lxxx


The tsunami watch for Indonesia was cancelled about 30 minutes ago. Waves of approximately ½ metre were reported from Sulawesi and West Papua. No significant damage and no casualties. Borneo should be safe, particularly given the timely warnings.
 
Has the Tsunami hit Hawaii? Or am I hearing misinformation?

Yeah, its about three feet, full coastal evacuation in effect. With the amount of warning I think our friends on the islands should be okay. Guam was hit as well
 
Kitakaze ? Haven't seen him here in a while.

Doesn't Foolmewunz live in Japan too?

ETA: Just saw a post of his in another thread. His location is listed as Hong Kong.
 
Last edited:
I just saw an image from a satellite on CNN, it showed the exact radiation of the tsunami wave...

Does anyone here have access to the super/current google earth?

Does anyone have access to current satellite feed?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom