CoulsdonUK
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- May 1, 2010
- Messages
- 1,838
Mary and Kestrel
Thank you.
Thank you.
ChrisCLots of people believe Maresca's actions are about money. Most of those people believes Maresca's actions are because of Sollecito's money. What I'm saying is Maresca might be trying to protect the Kerchers from financial backlash over this whole Knox/Sollecito fiasco. After all its not the Kerchers fault, but Mignini did drag them into the middle of this whole mess.
Another example of Mignini dragging someone into the middle of this. Lets look at Patrick. Mignini drags a slander charge into the middle of a murder trial so he can get those statements entered as evidence. What happens to Patrick if the slander conviction gets tossed because of the Murder trial. Is he no responsible for a possible backlash from the overturned conviction.
Lots of people believe Maresca's actions are about money. Most of those people believes Maresca's actions are because of Sollecito's money. What I'm saying is Maresca might be trying to protect the Kerchers from financial backlash over this whole Knox/Sollecito fiasco. After all its not the Kerchers fault, but Mignini did drag them into the middle of this whole mess.
Another example of Mignini dragging someone into the middle of this. Lets look at Patrick. Mignini drags a slander charge into the middle of a murder trial so he can get those statements entered as evidence. What happens to Patrick if the slander conviction gets tossed because of the Murder trial. Is he no responsible for a possible backlash from the overturned conviction.
Do you think Maresca would take the city of Perugia to court to claim damages that resulted from errors made by the police and the prosecutor?
ChrisC
Oh okay understand. The point I was making is that financial compensation does not always translate into an actual payment citing the OJ Simpson multi million award. In addition, surely and this is assuming Raffael loses his appeal all they would have to do is transfer is wealth such as it is to a family member or trusted friend name?
ChrisC
Oh okay understand. The point I was making is that financial compensation does not always translate into an actual payment citing the OJ Simpson multi million award. In addition, surely and this is assuming Raffael loses his appeal all they would have to do is transfer is wealth such as it is to a family member or trusted friend name?
ChrisCOJ still has to pay, they just can't take everything from him because of the state he lives in. Though I do find it funny that he is convicted of armed robbery for robbing someone of stuff that technically didn't belong to either of them. It all belonged to the civil plaintiffs, that won their civil case against Simpson.
Money has nothing to do with what we are seeing on the Internet. I have seen similar behavior with other cases... the McCanns, Jon Benet Ramsey, and Terry Schiavo, the brain-dead woman whose husband wanted to pull her off life support but the parents were against it. Each of those cases attracted some seriously disturbed people.
Withnail1969
Sorry are you saying Raffaele assets are currently frozen or will be if he loses all of his appeals?
If I recall correctly, blood was soaked into the duvet indicating that the body was covered before the blood had dried. The body may have been covered after death, but the evidence doesn't fit it being done hour later.
CDHost,
I am not aware of any information that would suggest that the bathroom was cleaned after the murder. Amanda said that the bathroom was clean (possibly in her testimony), and I think this refers to a time period previous to the murder, but I could be mistaken. Amanda and Raffaele were not seen outside with a mop; that is one of the myths that won't die.
I have seen this claim at IIP as well and quotes from other posters elsewhere stating this is the case. Thus far, I have not seen a good cite for it.
If the Italian government is paying for a British citizen's legal expenses connected to a civil action against an American citizen, I would think that our State Department would have something to say about that.
Both defendants are condemned to the compensation, jointly and severally, of the damages caused to the plaintiffs constituted by John Leslie Kercher, Arline Carol Lara Kercher, Lyle Kercher, John Ashley Kercher and Stephanie Arline Lara Kercher, damages to be settled in another trial [in separate sede].
In relation to the requests and conclusions formulated in that regard, a provisional [compensation] is granted in which it is considered reasonable to indicate €1.000.000,00 for each of the parents and €800.000 for each of the brothers and the sister.
[424] The same defendants are also sentenced to reimburse the legal costs of the plaintiffs named and constituted here above, which are assessed as being € 100.000 with regard to the defence of the plaintiff Stephanie Arline Lara Kercher and € 160.000 with regard to the defence of the other plaintiffs, that is of John Leslie Kercher, of Arline Carol Lara Kercher, of Lyle Kercher, of John Ashley Kercher, in addition to a lump-sum refund, VAT and CPA as provided by law.
The relevance and complexity of the case, the particular laboriousness [difficulty] of the investigations, the number of hearings, the efforts lavished, all justify such sums. The difference between them [the sums] is justified by the number of plaintiffs represented by one defence with respect to the other and by the anticipated increase in this regard provided for in cases, such as this case, of ‚parties having the same position‛ (Article 3 paragraph 1 criminal charge attached to D.M. 8/4/2004 No. 127).
Dear AllIf there's a civil action in progress they must already be frozen. Your scenario of Raffaele signing over his assets to someone else to avoid them being seized is somewhat naive in my opinion.
There is information at the conclusion of the motivations concerning payment of legal costs of the plaintiffs. I assume this would include attorney fees but am not sure. There is no additional information concerning arrangements for fees between the plaintiffs and their attorneys. I am not sure if this represents the compensation for the civil complaint, the criminal trial or both.
Also, I think I remember reading that Maresca agreed to take the case for the advertisement (I cannot think of a better word) it would give, not for the money (I could be thinking of another attorney, I am not 100 percent certain of this).
Page 394:
There is information at the conclusion of the motivations concerning payment of legal costs of the plaintiffs. I assume this would include attorney fees but am not sure. There is no additional information concerning arrangements for fees between the plaintiffs and their attorneys. I am not sure if this represents the compensation for the civil complaint, the criminal trial or both.
Also, I think I remember reading that Maresca agreed to take the case for the advertisement (I cannot think of a better word) it would give, not for the money (I could be thinking of another attorney, I am not 100 percent certain of this).
Page 394:
I have seen this claim at IIP as well and quotes from other posters elsewhere stating this is the case. Thus far, I have not seen a good cite for it.
If the Italian government is paying for a British citizen's legal expenses connected to a civil action against an American citizen, I would think that our State Department would have something to say about that.
ChristianahannahThere is information at the conclusion of the motivations concerning payment of legal costs of the plaintiffs. I assume this would include attorney fees but am not sure. There is no additional information concerning arrangements for fees between the plaintiffs and their attorneys. I am not sure if this represents the compensation for the civil complaint, the criminal trial or both.
Also, I think I remember reading that Maresca agreed to take the case for the advertisement (I cannot think of a better word) it would give, not for the money (I could be thinking of another attorney, I am not 100 percent certain of this).
Page 394: