Kaosium
Philosopher
- Joined
- Oct 12, 2010
- Messages
- 6,695
Indeed there were. Maresca did not merely oppose the idea of dismantling the knife. He opposed new testing of the bra as well.
Obviously, this is the position defense attorneys almost always take. They don't want further tests that might add to the weight of evidence against their client. But in this case, the defense is agreeable to any and all further testing the consultants may wish to perform. It is the attorney who represents the family of a murder victim - a party that has every interest in learning the truth about what happened to their loved one - pleading with the court not to test forensic evidence.
Yes, the media took note of this.
Good to hear they saw it too, thus at least some good came out of it. As for what you note about Maresca, that's why I call him the 'Jackal.' He's been in this from the beginning, hasn't he? Was he Patrick's lawyer for that BS 'slander' charge as well? Or have I him mixed up with someone? I recall he has another connection to this debacle outside being the Kercher lawyer.
This is another element of the Italian system that I don't think serves the interests of justice and in fact in a case like this might pervert it.