TSR
Illuminator
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2009
- Messages
- 4,783
How many bytes are in a human brain?
.
Depends how big the zombie's mouth is...
.
How many bytes are in a human brain?
Yes, during Apollo 10. They also tested it in LEO during Apollo 9.Did they ever try to test the AGC from the vicinity of the moon?
Did they ever try to test the AGC from the vicinity of the moon?
Yes, during Apollo 10. They also tested it in LEO during Apollo 9.
Of course they tested it on earth.They probably found a way to test the entire system on earth.
However, I would have programmed the first AGC to descend to the moon and then return in order to test the hardware.
Yes. Would you expect them to just give up?And if it didn't work, what then? Try, try again?
They did. However in no way could they be mistaken for the real thing.Undoubtedly there's a good answer to the test methodology.
I also would have rehearsed the whole landing on a set that simulated the moon. I would have filmed the whole landing to enable review.
You do realize that Nixon was only president for 6 months prior to Apollo 11?And if I were to think like Nixon then I would have considered using one of my 'secret plans' if any of the lunar tests failed.
No, you are just making silly statement because you refuse to accept any evidence that counters you pre-conceived notion.Just being the devil's advocate...
They did test on Earth, but there is no way to simulate zero-g and low-g on Earth (for a prolonged period) and the effects it would have on the systems.They probably found a way to test the entire system on earth.
Yes.However, I would have programmed the first AGC to descend to the moon and then return in order to test the hardware.
And if it didn't work, what then? Try, try again?
The missions were set up in a way that if one failed or its objective wasn't met another would take its place. Apollo 11 was never guaranteed to be the mission that landed on the Moon. After Apollo 1 all the missions had to be shifted. When the mission and crew for Apollo 8 was radically changed it caused another shift in mission objectives.Undoubtedly there's a good answer to the test methodology.
I also would have rehearsed the whole landing on a set that simulated the moon. I would have filmed the whole landing to enable review.
And if I were to think like Nixon then I would have considered using one of my 'secret plans' if any of the lunar tests failed.
Just being the devil's advocate...
They probably found a way to test the entire system on earth.
However, I would have programmed the first AGC to descend to the moon and then return in order to test the hardware.
And if it didn't work, what then? Try, try again?
Undoubtedly there's a good answer to the test methodology.
I also would have rehearsed the whole landing on a set that simulated the moon. I would have filmed the whole landing to enable review.
And if I were to think like Nixon then I would have considered using one of my 'secret plans' if any of the lunar tests failed.
Just being the devil's advocate...
They did. It was called Apollo 11. ETA: The LM was not capable of unmanned operation; some operations could be automated, not all.They probably found a way to test the entire system on earth.
However, I would have programmed the first AGC to descend to the moon and then return in order to test the hardware.
More or less. Analyze what went wrong (and, yes, things did go wrong, just not fatally so) and implement preventative measures.And if it didn't work, what then? Try, try again?
Rehearsing on Earth, in toto, is not possible because the Moon environment is so different. In part, though: again you are not familiar with the space program - any space program.Undoubtedly there's a good answer to the test methodology.
I also would have rehearsed the whole landing on a set that simulated the moon. I would have filmed the whole landing to enable review.
Really. Evidence for such 'secret plans'? ... and they'd have to be in place before Nixon came to power, by the way.And if I were to think like Nixon then I would have considered using one of my 'secret plans' if any of the lunar tests failed.
Just being the devil's advocate...
Until then, you're just flinging random mud at the wall hoping something will stick, and you're making a fool of yourself.
In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, just for the sake of argument. In taking such position, the individual taking on the devil's advocate role seeks to engage others in an argumentative discussion process. The purpose of such process is typically to test the quality of the original argument and identify weaknesses in its structure, and to use such information to either improve or abandon the original, opposing position.
Compare...
....
![]()
Sorry, I'm not not going to be goaded into a silly argument over something that isn't pertinent to the topic of this silly thread.
-- Roger
The ignorant should note the meaning of devil's advocate.
If you want a serious discussion, don't bite the only antagonist. I think far less of the ad hominem spouters here than they think of me.
The ignorant should note the meaning of devil's advocate.
So? Your statements are still laughably uninformed and wrong. Positioning them as 'devil's advocate' does not make them right.The ignorant should note the meaning of devil's advocate.
They probably found a way to test the entire system on earth.
However, I would have programmed the first AGC to descend to the moon and then return in order to test the hardware.
That would be consistent with standard scientific and engineering practice; that said, scientifically based engineering is capable of predicting the outcome of newtonian physics quite well.And if it didn't work, what then? Try, try again?
Perhaps.Undoubtedly there's a good answer to the test methodology.
Using a simulator?I also would have rehearsed the whole landing on a set that simulated the moon. I would have filmed the whole landing to enable review.
You obviously know as much about Nixon as you do about the space program.And if I were to think like Nixon then I would have considered using one of my 'secret plans' if any of the lunar tests failed.
fine line you walk there.Just being the devil's advocate...
The ignorant should note the meaning of devil's advocate.
If you want a serious discussion, don't bite the only antagonist.
If you want to suppress free speech, move to a dictatorship or Italy.
Clean up on aisle 5 expected.
Remote control would also be very difficult, considering the time it takes for a transmission to reach the Moon and return to Earth.The AGC was not "programmed" in the way you think. It wasn't a remote-control autopilot magic gizmo. It required human operation.