tusenfem
Illuminator
- Joined
- May 27, 2008
- Messages
- 3,306
Alright t, where exactly did we leave off, and what exactly CAN we agree on?
Do you agree that a "discharge" in a plasma is possible, and it is defined as the release of stored EM energy? Do you understand the difference (thanks to The Man) between current and a discharge? Do you agree that a circuit "stores" electromagnetic energy? Do you agree that this stored EM energy can be "released" in a cataclysmic event, Do you agree that stored energy is released in a violent event that is correctly described in Peratt's definition of a discharge in a plasma? I need to know *EXACTLY* where we stand before we start talking about specific circuit diagrams and I insist that we start with *ALFVEN's* diagrams and maths, not yours.
The answers to the first questions should be obvious, had you spend some time to really understand what I have been writing all this time.
There is not difference between Alfven's circuit diagrams or mine, I just made use of standard circuit notation. As Alfven never discussed reconnection, he never made a circuit of it, so you cannot use his diagrams.
FYI The Man,....
I'm not sure why you all feel that it is so damn important for me to reword Dungey or Peratt's sentences for you to all be happy, but if that makes you happy.....
As long as you cannot explain in your own words what you mean with all these processes then it will never ever be clear to us if you really understand it.
(like "FYI Alfven stored his EM energy in the coronal loop circuit itself." shows that you don't understand the physics, mixing up two viewpoints, one is the plasmaphysics of the coronal loop, one is the circuit representation of this coronal loop. heck it is not even clear what you mean by circuit anymore)
So basically, we have nothing to talk about anymore.
Last edited: