ddt
Mafia Penguin
Trust a Nederlander to be more left-wing than me.
I haven't seen your graph, so I can't judge.
Trust a Nederlander to be more left-wing than me.
So what did you mean with "I think I'm a bit more law-abiding/respecting than my results say"? Where does law-abiding show in the compass? I can't see it either in the vertical direction. To put it in extreme: an East-German border guard who shot people scaling the Berlin Wall was also law-abiding.there isn't. never said there was.

So what did you mean with "I think I'm a bit more law-abiding/respecting than my results say"? Where does law-abiding show in the compass? I can't see it either in the vertical direction.
Stupid, leading questions. Reminded me of the Scientology personality test I took as a goof once.
For fun:
Only seemingly so. They harp more about the amount of petty theft and "law and order", but in power, they flaunt the law themselves and illegally detain people.Authoritarians are a bit more respectful of law than Libertarians.
Only seemingly so. They harp more about the amount of petty theft and "law and order", but in power, they flaunt the law themselves and illegally detain people.![]()
The fact that there is no "Don't know" or other middle option is deliberate, as they say in the faq. People in such quizzes with multiple choice will often pick the middle option simply because they haven't really thought about it, but their answer may be revealing. The faq also gives reasons for some other things that people often complain about.
True, but I think if you asked most Americans, they would consider every one of your governments since at least WWII to have been left wing; just some of them further left than others.I haven't seen your graph, so I can't judge.But it's a misconception that Dutch are left-wing - as on the economic axis. We only once had a government that can be dubbed "left" (Den Uyl, 1973-1977). It is true that Holland is more progressive when it comes to personal freedoms, so more to the "libertarian" side on the vertical axis.
Leading questions, yes. Stupid, no. I would say they are phrased very intelligently for their purpose -- which is to lead people to left-leaning answers. Pretty much the only way to end up anywhere BUT lower-left quadrant is to select some answers to mean "both", the way Beerina did with "transnationals vs people" question.Stupid, leading questions. Reminded me of the Scientology personality test I took as a goof once.
That said, here is my graph
![]()
![]()
Greetings, Comrades!
And yet several people just in this thread were not in the lower-left. Astounding.Leading questions, yes. Stupid, no. I would say they are phrased very intelligently for their purpose -- which is to lead people to left-leaning answers. Pretty much the only way to end up anywhere BUT lower-left quadrant is to select some answers to mean "both", the way Beerina did with "transnationals vs people" question.
It's underhanded and dishonest, but not stupid.
Do you think it's healthy for all three of the 'big' parties in this country to occupy a relatively small area in the top-right? At least they are according to the analysis of a relatively anonymous interpreter of their views.You guys think it's healthy to be that far on one side?
You almost seem proud of it.
I'd also like to know more about what problems people have with specific questions. I guess it would be not on to copy them wholesale for analysis, but certainly most of them I found I could answer with little hesitation, so I'd be interested to know which ones seem to be contentious. Without doubt, I could parse some questions in more than one way, but in most of those cases, it seemed fairly obvious how the question was intended, so it'd be good to know if others interpreted them differently.