• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Chaos Magic

I don't know how. Its a mystery, but luckily its one that does not need to be solved before one can see chaos magic in action for oneself.
OK. Then I'll settle for an example, an instance, of matter arising from consciousness.

I'm assuming that you are not making the metaphorical point that a table starts out as an idea for a table?
 
OK. Then I'll settle for an example, an instance, of matter arising from consciousness.


Then I suggest you make a sigil to that end, charge it, and set it off. Then wait. If you can keep yourself from getting in your own way, then maybe you will receive a boon that shows you how screwed up your understanding of consciousness is.
 
Then I suggest you make a sigil to that end, charge it, and set it off. Then wait. If you can keep yourself from getting in your own way, then maybe you will receive a boon that shows you how screwed up your understanding of consciousness is.
That doesn't sound like an example or an instance to me.
 
I don't know how. Its a mystery, but luckily its one that does not need to be solved before one can see chaos magic in action for oneself.
Have you seen chaos magic in action for yourself?
 
Then I suggest you make a sigil to that end, charge it, and set it off. Then wait. If you can keep yourself from getting in your own way, then maybe you will receive a boon that shows you how screwed up your understanding of consciousness is.

Wow, you don't even know the importance of not knowing the original intent of your sigil?

Who is the noob? Geesh!
 
That doesn't sound like an example or an instance to me.


Don't you get it? Anything I say to you or link you to as an example will only go in one ear and out the other. If you are to have a paradigm shift, you need to see the light for yourself. But, that means getting out of your own way.

If one can't grab a hold of their own paradigm and wrestle control of it long enough to charge a sigil, then one is a slave to it.
 
Limbo, imagine me a Ferrari, a 458. I'm giving you my work address now. There . . .
 
Some of the conversations I've seen recently are boiling down to the point where a skeptic might realize that its his or her own personal responsibility to, as Sam Harris called it, "build your own telescope". That is to say, evaluate mystical claims by becoming a mystic yourself. Of course Sam Harris would use other terms that are sanitized for 'rational folk', such as contemplative. But me, I am not so kind.

So lets say you are a card-carrying skeptic and you want to do a little mystical investigation of your own, that is to say build your own telescope and see what you can see. Where do you start? Well, you could do as Sam seems to be doing and go the meditation route. But most of us Westerners have a hard time with meditation, and most who try it give it up before achieving mystical altered states of consciousness.

So what other choice does that leave for the intrepid skeptic? Whatever contemplative tradition an intepid skeptic chooses must include a method of gaining altered states of consciousness. That is a universal common denominator in mystical traditions. That is to say, its part of every telescope. Sam Harris has chosen meditation to build his telescope with. But for those of us without the temperament or the time to devote to learning and practicing meditation, there is quicker choice. Chaos magic.

The idea behind Chaos magic is simple. Everything is permitted, everything is true. A chaos magician uses the power of paradigm shifting, in conjunction with altered states of consciousness, in order to elicit psychic functioning for a purpose. That, in essence, is magic.

So an intrepid skeptic who wants to test chaoes magic would start with a little reading about the principles of Chaos magic. Then, he or she selects a method of achieving gnosis. Gnosis is the Chaos magic term for altered state of consciousness. There are several methods to choose from, and its a very personal choice. Self-hypnosis, sexual orgasm, frenzied dancing, entheogens, ect.

Then he or she learns to contruct a sigil. A sigil is a personal symbol of intent, which the psychic energy of your gnosis is directed toward. Intent is a crucial ingredient. For instance, our intrepid skeptic has the intent to experience psychic ability. So he or she first constructs a sigil that symbolizes that intent, then uses a method to achieve a temporary state of gnosis, and waits.

It might take a while to get the hang acheiving gnosis but eventually the unconscious mind of the skeptic, in accordance with the intent of the sigil, would begin to provide the conscious mind with psychic experiences. Then what our intrepid skeptic has done in essence is cast a spell. Paradigm manipulation, sigils, and gnosis. Oh my!

Coherency ( good job btw.) 6/10, content 1/10. Try to bring that to an average of at least 6 or so and we will talk. Use chaos magic if you want.
 
I up your chaos magic with a "circle of protection against chaos". I call it rationality.

The only person using chaos magic in my life is my epic level character. And even he doesn't use it much. Double fail for the chaos magic.
 
What did you see?


Well, the intent behind my Chaos magic was to open my "inner eye", that is to say experience psychic ability for myself in a way that I could verify. And it worked because that's what happened.
 
Well, the intent behind my Chaos magic was to open my "inner eye", that is to say experience psychic ability for myself in a way that I could verify. And it worked because that's what happened.
How did you verify psychic ability?
 
I had a detailed vision of the future that came true to a tee about 10 minutes later, right before my eyes.
What did you see?
Did this only happen once or have you seen the future other times?
 
What did you see?


I saw a guy resist getting dragged of a public bus by cops, who had the bus surrounded by cop cars.


Did this only happen once or have you seen the future other times?


That particular style of visual, which was a silvery sort-of overlay superimposed on the environment, has only happened once. But I've had several different kinds of paranormal experience because variety was a part of my intent.
 
Well, the intent behind my Chaos magic was to open my "inner eye", that is to say experience psychic ability for myself in a way that I could verify. And it worked because that's what happened.

One of my chaos "hits" was the intent to find a great first house where my wife and I would be happy.

I could show you the house and my happy wife.

I hope you and your inner eye as much joy.
 
One of my chaos "hits" was the intent to find a great first house where my wife and I would be happy.

I could show you the house and my happy wife.

I hope you and your inner eye as much joy.


Well thank you kindly.
 
I saw a guy resist getting dragged of a public bus by cops, who had the bus surrounded by cop cars.
When did this guy get dragged off the bus? Where you in the bus at the time? near the bus? Watching TV?
That particular style of visual, which was a silvery sort-of overlay superimposed on the environment, has only happened once. But I've had several different kinds of paranormal experience because variety was a part of my intent.
Ok, what other paranormal experiences have you had?
 
When did this guy get dragged off the bus? Where you in the bus at the time? near the bus? Watching TV?

Ok, what other paranormal experiences have you had?


Ugh. Is this going to turn into an interrogation? Not in the mood.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom