• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Is there an "atheist perspective"?

Do you see that disbelief requires a mental process?

No, because that isn't true. There is no mental process involved in not believing in something. I don't even need to have heard of something to not believe in it.
 
Good anecdote. Do you see that it is not something without importance. A friend of yours confronts you with this idea, and you don't meditate about, affirm you conclusions convictions? There are no thought processes involved? You are relating a story that shows thinking about it, processing information, coming to a conclusion. You can't escape your brain.

You assign straw men to my position. I never have, never will say you are angry at gods. That is ridicuous. You confronted an idea, a very clear idea and decide on it. It is as simple as that. It is a logical conclusion based on how humans process any information. We can't process information unless we evaluate it. What is so hard to get abou this?

If you join in a formal debate and you happen to be assigned the position you do not hold are you thereby paralysed? Of course not: you can construct an argument on that side as well as on the other. You can do it for things that dont matter at all. You can do it for things that matter a lot to you as well. There are certainly thought processes involved in constructing an argument: it is a kind of game. What is so hard to get about that?

I cannot speak for Sun Countess but I have already said: I find interest in the fact that people hold certain views and I am usually willing to discuss them: I try to hear what they are saying and to understand what they believe: but that does not mean that I think the content of what they are saying is important in any objective sense: it is interesting that they think it is, is all
 
No, because that isn't true. There is no mental process involved in not believing in something. I don't even need to have heard of something to not believe in it.

Ah, but that is not what disbelief means.
 
Deties are totally irrelevant to you, they are imaginary. What is important is the idea that other humans hold beliefs in deities and you don't. Important enough to evaluate and determine that there are no deities. All you need to satisfy my criteria is that you decided, evaluated, processed and took, affirmed, etc. a stance.


I have told you more than once that I didn't. Sun Countess has told you she didn't. Agatha has told you she didn't.

But you say we are all wrong. Have it your way.

I will ask though: why do you bother with this thread since you already know all there is to know? Is there any point in it at all?
 
I'm not being condescending. I'm trying to come down to your level. Gotta say, it's very difficult to say things in such a simple way that you'll understand them.
 
I have told you more than once that I didn't. Sun Countess has told you she didn't. Agatha has told you she didn't.

But you say we are all wrong. Have it your way.

I will ask though: why do you bother with this thread since you already know all there is to know? Is there any point in it at all?

Why do you?
 
I'm not being condescending. I'm trying to come down to your level. Gotta say, it's very difficult to say things in such a simple way that you'll understand them.

And this would relate to the discussion how?
 
It's the same point it always is: atheists really believe, they just won't admit it because they're angry with god.
 
I will ask though: why do you bother with this thread since you already know all there is to know? Is there any point in it at all?


I'm beginning to surmise that telling people they're wrong about their own positions is his point.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom