• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Obama enters GZ Mosque debate

As far as I know, Obama doesn't oppose Park51. And saying it's not the "wisest choice" is not an answer. You have to explain why it's not a wise choice. As far as the two-thirds of New Yorkers, yes, I think they all fall into one of the three categories I provided

Of course it is an answer. Just not the one you wanted to hear.


But that is, of course, not the point.

You have repeatedly taken offense and insulted me because of my position, but refuse to offer any alternatives.

The alternative is to move the location, which may in fact happen.
 
Of course it is an answer. Just not the one you wanted to hear.

No, it's not an answer. It's a cop out.

Why
is not a wise choice?

The alternative is to move the location, which may in fact happen.

No, I meant an alternative to the three options I provide for opposing Park51. So far all you can seem to muster is the ambiguous wording of someone with whom you seem to disagree on all other issues, and who doesn't actually oppose Park51.
 
the best reason Cicero came up with so far was because a liberal is opposing it?
 
Cicero, do you agree with Bonnie Erbe's assertion that there is "no practical way" to tell good Muslims apart from bad Muslims?
Do you agree that making a ridiculously a bigoted/ignorant statement while claiming that not all opponents are bigots kind of undermines her credibility?
 
Last edited:
the best reason Cicero came up with so far was because a liberal is opposing it?

A liberal? Where have you been?

Dr. Howie Dean,
Rep. Mike McMahon,
Rep. Tim Bishop,
Rep. Steve Israel
Harry Reid,
Rep. Michael Arcuri

Not to mention the leader of the Democratic Party, the POTUS.
 
Cicero, do you agree with Bonnie Erbe's assertion that there is "no practical way" to tell good Muslims apart from bad Muslims?
Do you agree that it's pretty ironic for her to make a bigoted statement while claiming that not all opponents are bigots?

We can thank Bonnie for unintentionally making a clear distinction between "bigoted" comments and non-bigoted comments. People who wish the mosque were to be built at a different location are not "bigots," while those who say all Muslims should be considered terrorists until proven otherwise are bigots.

"I am not saying in any way, shape or form that I would join their protest marches." B.E.

I'm sure the protestors are delighted to here that she will not be in attendance.
 
A liberal? Where have you been?

Dr. Howie Dean,
Rep. Mike McMahon,
Rep. Tim Bishop,
Rep. Steve Israel
Harry Reid,
Rep. Michael Arcuri

Not to mention the leader of the Democratic Party, the POTUS.
What reasoning did those people use to back up their assertions that lead you to agree with them? Or do you just reflexively accept everything important Democrats say?
 
Last edited:
A liberal? Where have you been?

Dr. Howie Dean,
Rep. Mike McMahon,
Rep. Tim Bishop,
Rep. Steve Israel
Harry Reid,
Rep. Michael Arcuri

Not to mention the leader of the Democratic Party, the POTUS.

So your reason to oppose it, is because others oppose it?

Whats wrong with you man? First you put all your trust in French reporters and now you follow liberals?

and the POTUS? He is regarded lib now? i thought he is a Marxist.
 
What reasoning did those people use to back up their assertions that lead you to agree with them? Or do you just reflexively accept everything important Democrats say?


So your reason to oppose it, is because others oppose it?

Whats wrong with you man? First you put all your trust in French reporters and now you follow liberals?

and the POTUS? He is regarded lib now? i thought he is a Marxist.

Really? Did you think that when he was a candidate or only since he became POTUS?

Follow liberals? All I am saying is that those who oppose the location for the mosque are not "bigots." If I were to follow the liberals in this thread, I would be making the same dopey charge.
 
Really? Did you think that when he was a candidate or only since he became POTUS?

Follow liberals? All I am saying is that those who oppose the location for the mosque are not "bigots." If I were to follow the liberals in this thread, I would be making the same dopey charge.

Since BAC enlightened me.

what is your non-bigoted reason to oppose the location?
 
Follow liberals? All I am saying is that those who oppose the location for the mosque are not "bigots." If I were to follow the liberals in this thread, I would be making the same dopey charge.
If you're using them as examples of non-bigoted/ignorant/pandering people who oppose Park51's location, then surely you can provide the non-bigoted/ignorant/pandering reasons they used to back up their assertions.
 
If you're using them as examples of non-bigoted/ignorant/pandering people who oppose Park51's location, then surely you can provide the non-bigoted/ignorant/pandering reasons they used to back up their assertions.

I already have. Go back through this thread.

BTW: If the ground zero location is not be used to build a mosque, as johnny karate states, then this is not a freedom of religion issue, is it?
 
I already have. Go back through this thread.

BTW: If the ground zero location is not be used to build a mosque, as johnny karate states, then this is not a freedom of religion issue, is it?

in what post?
 
Did he enlighten you before or after the election? If before, did you still cast your vote for candidate Obama?

No the US sucks, they do not even let swiss citizens vote for the US president.

But btw, i would probably not have voted for him. He is not leftist enough for me.
 
:eye-poppi now you oppose the location because it is not a mosque?

It is a mosque when the subject is freedom of religion and those who would prefer a different location must then be "bigots" Then it isn't a mosque and those who would prefer a different location must then still be "bigots"?" This is some chameleon structure.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom