• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Seismic event indicating explosion at WTC

How could bombs in the basement brining down the core columns in the basement cause a collapse to start at the impact zone?

I'm not sure about the core columns. But the impact zone was weakened, and the explosions in the basements could have been what caused the weakened floors to become unstable enough to start collapsing.
 
No, you most certainly have not. Like these:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6343965#post6343965
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6344065#post6344065

And this summary:



And the ones you did answer, you misunderstood.

Please go back and re-read. You might learn something.

ETA: And this one:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6344190#post6344190

Oops! I missed that. I will take a look at the first of these.
 
Look, I'll make it really, really easy for you.

You just reproduced Figure 3 from that paper, annotated slightly. What you should have done is included the caption:


Source (Bolding added for clarity)

The researchers at LDEO have already done the time calculation -- that's what the "origin time" refers to. If you run those dotted lines back to zero, where zero is the distance to the WTC Towers, you get the origin time. And that origin time is exactly the same as in the 9/11 Commission Report and in NIST (once you add nine seconds vs. NIST, or six seconds vs. 9/11 Report, from start of collapse to the first impacts on the ground). There is no discrepancy.

They even show it holds for multiple seismographs at various distances, and that the result is consistent with a plausible Rayleigh wave speed of about 2.0 km/s.

Your calculation is wrong.

The part: "Zero corresponds to computed origin time of 10:28:31 EDT." means the origin time as recorded at the PAL station for the seismic event.
 
I'm not sure about the core columns. But the impact zone was weakened, and the explosions in the basements could have been what caused the weakened floors to become unstable enough to start collapsing.

Can you think of a scenario where bombs weren't required? I mean, you've already admitted that the impact zone was weakened. Do you think it's possible that it could have fallen once it had weakened enough to not support the weight of the structure above?
 
I'm not sure about the core columns. But the impact zone was weakened, and the explosions in the basements could have been what caused the weakened floors to become unstable enough to start collapsing.

The only explosions in the basement that were reported or could have occurred, happened in immediate proximity to the impact of the aircraft, and as any fire fighter can tell just from the description, were fuel-driven. No HE.

There were people who survived on the stairs when the second tower collapsed They had been on the stairs for far more than 10 seconds.

They felt a wind, they heard a rumble. They did not get hit with a shockwave that blew out their eardrums.

There was no HE-related event in the core of the building.
 
The part: "Zero corresponds to computed origin time of 10:28:31 EDT." means the origin time as recorded at the PAL station for the seismic event.

Here is an explanation of that:

seis.gif
 
Can you think of a scenario where bombs weren't required? I mean, you've already admitted that the impact zone was weakened. Do you think it's possible that it could have fallen once it had weakened enough to not support the weight of the structure above?

Possibly. I have even speculated in another thread (Controlled demolition vs. the towers collapsing) that the towers were constructed on purpose to collapse like they did.
 
Possibly. I have even speculated in another thread (Controlled demolition vs. the towers collapsing) that the towers were constructed on purpose to collapse like they did.

Do you think it could be possible that planes hijacked by terrorists flew into the buildings, causing fires and eventually causing the structure to weaken enough for it to collapse on its own, without any super sekrit gubmint plan to bring them down?
 
Still looks like a gradual builld-up of activity to me.

The seismic wave becomes 'smeared out' as it travels through the ground. Compare with an earthquake which is a sharp sudden 'slip' event, yet the seismic wave of the earthquake becomes smeared out when recorded some distance away from the epicenter.

72044115.gif
 
Do you know what it does to a light camera on a tripod that is not firmly anchored when a helicopter passes overhead?
Trace data indicates that movement of WTC 1 began in close correlation to the camera shake.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6343867&postcount=309

Here's the horizontal motion during the camera shake...
26055033.jpg

...and the vertical...
68321176.png


May I suggest that you actually look in detail at events before making definitive delcarations such as stating camera shake was caused by a helocopter.

I have no problem with you saying it may be caused by a helicopter.

There are, however, many other correlated events and factors which lead me to suggest otherwise.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure about the core columns. But the impact zone was weakened, and the explosions in the basements could have been what caused the weakened floors to become unstable enough to start collapsing.

Interesting theory.

Tell you what, next time I'm changing my tire, I'll shake the bumper furthest away from the flat tire, and kind of hope a wheel falls off and that it is the correct one.

^^rolls eyes^^
 
Do you think it could be possible that planes hijacked by terrorists flew into the buildings, causing fires and eventually causing the structure to weaken enough for it to collapse on its own, without any super sekrit gubmint plan to bring them down?

To be honest, I believe tons of Thermite was used on some of the floors where the collapse started in each tower.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom