See posts 1, 3 and 5.
So nowhere. Thanks for the confirmation
See posts 1, 3 and 5.
Only when partisan rabble-rousers engage in ad hominem attacks against brown people they don't like.
Odd. Here are Rauf's tenants that appear to fit your crass description. They must be those "rabble rousers" you speak of.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/245321/slums-rauf-daniel-foster
One of the buildings has been boarded up by Rauf since a blaze on Feb. 8, 2008, that broke out after Union City had issued a dozen fire-code violations there.
Cicero is just concerned that Park51 might pose a fire hazard or that the urinal puck things won't be changed frequently enough.My mistake. Clearly, you had the noblest of intentions when you started a thread to smear a guy who had the audacity to exercise his freedom of religion in a place bigots don't approve of.
I do find the accusations more plausible than not, and if true Rauf deserves every criticism any slumlord deserves. But why are we even talking about it?
I'm on team "If you own a piece of property and wish to develop it you may do so provided you conform with building codes and zoning laws and you certainly cannot be prevented from doing so on religious grounds merely because it might hurt the delicate fee-fees of those who confuse your religion with the religion that motivated some admittedly vile individuals to commit some admittedly horrific acts a few blocks away, and although I am in general fairly apathetic with respect to religious buildings, finding them a waste of resources, I also recognize and appreciate the efforts at bridge-building even though the bridge-builder is occasionally clumsy in his construction." And that doesn't really fit on a t-shirt, but it's all right. And so this thread does puzzle me.
Agreed.
Cicero, what is the purpose of this thread? How does knowing the information in the OP help me evaluate the appropriate course of action in the Ground Zero mosque issue?
Odd. Here are Rauf's tenants that appear to fit your crass description. They must be those "rabble rousers" you speak of.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/245321/slums-rauf-daniel-foster
Now be honest. If the landlord were Pat Robertson you would be yammering for his immediate arrest.
Does Rauf or his property manager run the operation day-to-day?
Are the tennants polite and quiet or do they knock out the walls?
Have you ever owned a rental property and hired a manger to do maints and collect rent?
"Why doesn't he help the tenants he has before he builds a new place, claiming he wants to help people?" said a disgusted Jamie Barillas, who lives in a Rauf-owned apartment at 2206 Central Ave. in Union City
No. I personally cannot stand Pat Robertson. The only preacher I hate more than him is Fred Phelps. But even if Fred Phelps were shown to beat his children, smoke pot, and steal cars, I would still defend his right to preach his (stupid, stupid) message in public. His committing crimes does not abrogate his First Amendment rights to assembly and religion.
I think you would still be upset if Fred Phelps was going to build a new church next door to you, right?