MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator
- Joined
- Jan 26, 2006
- Messages
- 15,948
Well, the Volt is priced at about two and a half times the price of a regular car with its performance. You pay twice as much -- the other half-car is other people's money in the form of a tax rebate.
Well, not to add to the derail too much, but something kind of similar happened years ago with the Prius and other hybrid gas-electric models (though not to the extent as with the upcoming Volt, I'll admit). I received a very nice tax break ($2500) for purchasing my Prius in 2005, and it seems that once people realized it was a damn fine vehicle then even after those tax breaks expired people kept buying them.
If the Volt is a good vehicle, I forsee something similar occuring. If the Volt isn't a good vehicle, then it'll go away.
I have to admit, all this talk of the Volt has gotten me interested in potentially purchasing one
: