Praktik
Philosopher
- Joined
- Oct 26, 2007
- Messages
- 5,244
Zakaria pointed out the obvious yesterday:
- Al Qaeda bombed Sufi mosques and has killed hundreds (thousands in total perhaps) of Sufi muslims since Sufi Islam is tantamount to heresy for them.
- Since Sufi Islam and America share the same enemy, and have had blood spilled by the same enemy, we should try to work together as much as possible.
- the mosque in Lower Manhattan is a Sufi mosque.
All pretty basic points, but I'd like to see some of the people in this thread who wonder how "appropriate" it is for a mosque to be located near ground zero argue against these points - cause the only way I think it could be done with a straight face is if the individual understands no difference between Sufi and Sunni and Shia and for whom all of Islam is one religion.
I for one, wonder why all these Christians are wearing magic underwear and worshipping golden tablets, after all, if the mormons do it don't they all?
- Al Qaeda bombed Sufi mosques and has killed hundreds (thousands in total perhaps) of Sufi muslims since Sufi Islam is tantamount to heresy for them.
- Since Sufi Islam and America share the same enemy, and have had blood spilled by the same enemy, we should try to work together as much as possible.
- the mosque in Lower Manhattan is a Sufi mosque.
All pretty basic points, but I'd like to see some of the people in this thread who wonder how "appropriate" it is for a mosque to be located near ground zero argue against these points - cause the only way I think it could be done with a straight face is if the individual understands no difference between Sufi and Sunni and Shia and for whom all of Islam is one religion.
I for one, wonder why all these Christians are wearing magic underwear and worshipping golden tablets, after all, if the mormons do it don't they all?
Last edited: