• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Would you give Steven Purcell a job?

I don't think there's any "bordering" about it. The implication seems to be that we couldn't run the proverbial in a brewery if we didn't import "better" people from the South.

Who else is resisting the mention the long sleaze list of Westiminster politicians? Backhanders? Perjury? Expenses? Anyone?

No. You don't get it I don't see any difference between us. You do.
 
Last edited:
I think I'll wait and see if anyone else understands what you're on about because I certainly don't.

Rolfe.
 
martu said:
What has that got to do with nationalism? Corrupt and incompetent politicians will exist so long as there are politicians, irrespective of the size of the political unit. In this case, the political unit was one city.

Rolfe.

There is a group of people you want to share resources and work with and it includes people like this. You would exclude better people, more honest people merely because they were born south of an arbitrary geographical point.

I thought I kept up reasonably well with the SNP's aims and ambitions, but I seem to have missed this one, could Rolfe or Architect (or any other advocate of Scottish independence) confirm that if they get their druthers then only those born in Scotland will be eligible to hold any public office? If that is the case then I think Martu has a point, you are being rather needlessly exclusionary. If it isn't the case then what is Martu on about?
 
I thought I kept up reasonably well with the SNP's aims and ambitions, but I seem to have missed this one, could Rolfe or Architect (or any other advocate of Scottish independence) confirm that if they get their druthers then only those born in Scotland will be eligible to hold any public office? If that is the case then I think Martu has a point, you are being rather needlessly exclusionary. If it isn't the case then what is Martu on about?

Martu, IIRC, supports the concept of World Government as a realistic short to medium term way forward and hence has concerns about what he (or she) perceives as further devolution of power generally. He is also absoluely convinced that the SNP is a nationalist party in the style of (say) the BNP.

Said information does not exactly seem to be firmly grounded in reality.
 
It seems to translate as "your country contains at least one corrupt, drug-taking, incopetent politician, and at least a couple of businessmen prepared to give this guy a leg-up out of the gutter as a quid pro quo for earlier favours. Therefore you should not desire independence, because there are better people in other countries."

:confused:

Rolfe.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom