• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Helen Thomas resigns over remarks

No, I did not. I just think Israel has a rather disturbing tendency to point to "self preservation" as the motive for pretty much all its actions against the Palestinian people.

So you feel the Israeli motives go beyond self preservation, in their dealings with the palestinians, is that accurate?
Do Israelis value something the palestinians have - such as land - more than peace, in your opinion?
I'm not playing games, just trying to understand your position.
 
I struggle with the concept that Jews as a race are uniquely (i'm struggling for the word here as 'incapable' doesn't seem to carry the connotations I am looking for but I can't think of a better one so) incapable of co-existing with other races to the point where they need their own special nation state with 'preferential' status.
Uh, it's not the Jews who had problems with other races/religions. Quite the opposite.
 
Not that I think you're wrong about the fate of Israel. It has enough powerful backers that its continued existence is guaranteed, no matter how many crimes it commits in the name of self-preservation.

So everything Israel does in self defense is a crime?

You will of course be submitting a list of non-jewish countries you feel similarly towards, I trust?
 
it is very silly to suggest that Jews make up one, single, unified ethnic group.
Yeah, all that silly DNA evidence linking them all. Must be a trick of Satan!
 
Last edited:
isn't it DNA evidence that links us all back to africa and even links us to other primates?
 
isn't it DNA evidence that links us all back to africa and even links us to other primates?

Don't know much about DNA,
Don't know much biology,
But I do know that africa is a continent, and I don't think one can get a DNA profile from a continent. So I'm not sure how this would work.
 
White papers ring a bell?

There was a call for a state for the Jewish people long before this period as well, in the late 19th century in an organized fashion.

Perhaps a refresher on the basics?

Moses Hess - "Rome and Jerusalem, The Last National Question" 1862.

Judah Lieb Pinsker - "Auto-Emancipation" 1882.

Theodore Herzl - "The Jewish State" 1896.

"The Balfour Declaration" 1917.

These are a few starting points.
 
I'm not necessarily defending the argument, but there is a significant difference between your example and the situation under discussion. Neither blacks nor latinos have a special state created for them to live in.

Emphasis added.

Liberia and Sierre Leone.
 
I'm not necessarily defending the argument, but there is a significant difference between your example and the situation under discussion. Neither blacks nor latinos have a special state created for them to live in.

Emphasis added.

Liberia and Sierre Leone.
Well that sure is interesting. I hope you can stick around this thread because a little historical perspective could be helpful to the discussion. Also your avatar cracks me up every time I see it.
 
Never mind, once global warming removes all the ice from Antarctica, we can all have a big lovely war and then settle the bits that don't glow.
In about 80 years, there will be a "Keep the YIDS / WOGs / Honkys etc out of OUR Antarctic Party."
 
Well that sure is interesting. I hope you can stick around this thread because a little historical perspective could be helpful to the discussion. Also your avatar cracks me up every time I see it.

Well, if I were going to recommend a book that puts Jewish history and secular history side-by-side, it would be Max I. Dimont's "Jews, God and History."

I would also recommend reading Mark Twain's "Innocents Abroad" (1869) wherein he describes traveling through the area. This is one telling paragraph:

"Stirring scenes like these occur in this valley no more. There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent--not for thirty miles in either direction. There are two or three small clusters of Bedouin tents, but not a single permanent habitation. One may ride ten miles, hereabouts, and not see ten human beings."

About Jerusalem, he wrote:

"The population of Jerusalem is composed of Moslems, Jews, Greeks, Latins, Armenians, Syrians, Copts, Abyssinians, Greek Catholics, and a handful of Protestants. One hundred of the latter sect are all that dwell now in this birthplace of Christianity. The nice shades of nationality comprised in the above list, and the languages spoken by them, are altogether too numerous to mention. It seems to me that all the races and colors and tongues of the earth must be represented among the fourteen thousand souls that dwell in Jerusalem. Rags, wretchedness, poverty and dirt, those signs and symbols that indicate the presence of Moslem rule more surely than the crescent-flag itself, abound. Lepers, cripples, the blind, and the idiotic, assail you on every hand, and they know but one word of but one language apparently--the eternal "bucksheesh." To see the numbers of maimed, malformed and diseased humanity that throng the holy places and obstruct the gates, one might suppose that the ancient days had come again, and that the angel of the Lord was expected to descend at any moment to stir the waters of Bethesda. Jerusalem is mournful, and dreary, and lifeless. I would not desire to live here." (Emphasis added.)

Fourteen thousand people. Not very many - even for 1869.

And the land lay fallow and unproductive.

I believe land belongs to those who purchase or win it and make it productive. Solar water heaters, cherry tomatoes, drip irrigation systems, USB flash drives, and the pillcam endoscope (a camera which is swallowed, making colon examinations far less painful and intrusive) - all invented by Israelis. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
 
Uh, it's not the Jews who had problems with other races/religions. Quite the opposite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Views_on_the_Arab–Israeli_conflict#Refugee_issues_2

Refugee issues

UN General Assembly Resolution 194 calls for "the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbours should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property". Israel has blocked the return of these refugees and confiscated their land as "absentee".
The supporters of Israel argue that the return of Palestinian refugees and millions of their descendants would mean the end of Jewish self-determination and assert the historical necessity for Jews to have a safe haven. See also Jewish refugees.

Furthermore, some argue that Palestinians, if allowed to return, would not live in peace with their neighbours.

I think 'tit-for-tat' is a better summary of the relationship between Israelis and the rest of the population of the region.
 
To all those proudly standing by Helen Thomas against the evil, censoring zionists, you can take comfort in the fact that Hizbullah officially endorsed her comments, too.

Hizbullah called her "go back to Poland" comments about the Jews as "a courageous, bold, and honest opinion".

Which is precisely what some of the usual gang here said about it.

It's getting harder and harder to distinguish the "progressives" and the murderous Jihadis. So far as I can tell, the main disagreement is whether it is practical or not to actually butcher and expel all the Jews.

That Israel is an illegal, awful, illegitimate colonialist entity that should disappear, if possible, they agree on.
 
Last edited:
To all those proudly standing by Helen Thomas against the evil, censoring zionists, you can take comfort in the fact that Hizbullah officially endorsed her commends, too.

Hizbullah called her "go back to Poland" comments about the Jews as "a courageous, bold, and honest opinion".

Which is precisely what some of the usual gang here said about it.

who would that be?
quotes of those poeple pls?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom