OLD public knowledge. This stuff was public knowledge MONTHS ago. Yet, it appears certain people have only just heard about it. Clearly, they don't know nearly as much about this case as they thought they did. Not that that ever stopped them opining...with certainty.
Yes, it is a relatively old topic, but such an interesting one that it is very mysterious it hasn't been talked about more. I noticed on perugiamurderfiles, for example, that one of the moderators (a certain "Michael") brought it up way back around the end of November. One of the posters (jfk1191) then responded:
Whose semen and why wasn't this tested earlier?
I'll assume it's not Raffaele's as it's his lawyer who brings this up. Obviously it's Rudy's, I will bet. And it's no surprise to anyone Rudy had no date with Meredith, there was no consensual sex. So what will semen of Rudy prove that we don't already know?
Maybe the semen, if someone else, is a strong enough piece of evidence for Massei to continue reviewing evidence of the crime scene. I never did understand Massei's hurry to close the trial.
"Michael," the moderator who brought it up, replies to jfk1191:
JFK, have you not been following past discussion on this board? Raffaele's expert apparently found a small stain on Meredith's pillow which flouresced under ultra violet. Semen will flouresce, so he claimed it may be semen. However, he never tested it to see whether it was semen or not. Other things will also flouresce, such as make-up, vaseline and even urine, so a test would need to be done. Neither was the stain dated and I don't see how it can be. And 'IF' it 'IS' semen, there is a good chance it may be Raffaele's which is probably the reason why the defence didn't actually test it for semen and DNA.
Why does that all sound so familiar? Oh, I know! Because it is almost exactly the same thing Fulcanelli wrote on THIS board earlier today.
A little later on the PMF thread, the other moderator (one "Skeptical Bystander") fairly bites jfk1191's head off:
You're joking, right? We have heard nothing but complaints from the American defendant's family and friends about how long this process is being dragged out. Now you want to blame the judge for being in a hurry to end it? Is that too part of some larger conspiracy?
Later on the page, jfk1191 raise some more excellent questions (like the ones we have been raising today); Skeptical Bystander again implies jfk1191 is a conspiracy theorist and virtually tells him to shut up.
There is more to this intriguing exchange at
http://perugiamurderfile.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=180&start=2500
(XII. MAIN DISCUSSION, Oct 9 - Dec 9, 2009)
In the case of that discussion, back in November, "Michael," with the help of "Skeptical Bystander," seems to have been able to nip the conversation in the bud very quickly, without having to throw a bloody-photograph tantrum onto the page in an effort to get people to drop the subject. Apparently, it was the last time that topic was discussed on PMF. (We don't see much of jfk1191 after that, either.)
Now, from what I have been given to understand, this "Michael" from PMF, just like our own Fulcanelli, has some insider connections to people actually working on the case in Perugia. If I didn't know better, I would say "Michael" and Fulcanelli may know something about this semen stain that they don't want other people to know.
Very curious, indeed.