• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a silly question. Are you about to join the IDF?

Well, I am in the IDF (reserves).

It's exceedingly unlikely I will be involved in any such operation, to put it no stronger than that, so I have nothing to say about any possible meeting on the high seas with Parky.

But in my experience, and I think most old soldiers in most armies would agree, those who tell everybody what they are going to do in battle are typically the worst cowards and wimps when it actually goes down.

This is one of those ol' little cliches that, while not 100% accurate of course (some big mouths are also brave -- a braggart, like a bully, isn't necessarily a coward) have basis in fact.
 
Will you be on the next boat Thunder?

no. since it now appears the IDF will massacre the passengers of any new boats that dare to challenge the will of the Chosen State, I will be skipping the next flotilla.

but I can't wait to see what happens to Israel's public relations when they do commit their next massacre of food and fuel delivering activists.

this should be very exciting. must see tv.
 
Yes, my mistake. You mean probably this place on myspace.

Look at the "Friends" list of the organization. The "top 17" friends includes one "Cleon" (perhaps you know him?) and... Mr. "Muslim forever", whose avatar is Hamas' coat of arms. (Along with other assorted useful idiots).

I'm sure that you, knowing Mr. "Muslim forever" so much personally better than me, can tell me what a wonderful, wonderful man he is.
Wow...
having competitions on who can get the most honks for the "Free Palestine" sign from motorists driving by.
Hey Cleon, do you chant with your buddies "Palestine will be free from the river to the sea"?
 
Another royally outdated site, by several years.

Yes, you were only in the same friends network, the "Altanta Palestine Solidarity" one, with Hamas supporters waaaaaaaaaaay back in 2008. That's ancient history! What relevance does it have to today?
 
Wow...

Hey Cleon, do you chant with your buddies "Palestine will be free from the river to the sea"?

Why ask me? "Skeptic" has "extensive experience."

After all, he's come up with two out-of-date websites. :rolleyes:
 
Yes, you were only in the same friends network, the "Altanta Palestine Solidarity" one, with Hamas supporters waaaaaaaaaaay back in 2008. That's ancient history! What relevance does it have to today?

I can't even remember the last time I logged in to MySpace, but I know for a fact it's been rather longer than 2008.

Do you have any current information? Or does your "extensive experience" consist of nothing but plugging "Atlanta palestine" into Google and posting the top link?
 
atleast the 2 mobs engaging each other with violent bickering in this thread are not armed.
 
JihadJane;5988221 [I said:
Arriving at Istanbul's Ataturk airport with her one-year-old baby, Turkish activist

Taking a baby into a potential war zone because you want to, that's child abuse hey. I better stop here.
 
Why ask me? "Skeptic" has "extensive experience."

After all, he's come up with two out-of-date websites. :rolleyes:
The fact that the site is outdated (moved to facebook?) is actually irrelevant. You did join a group that had "free Palestine" as its goal, and I have never seen that term used to mean "a Palestinian state living peacefully alongside Israel" but rather all of Israel replaced with a Palestinian state.

eta: in fact, someone called from_the_river_to_the_sea is one of the other friends of that page.
 
Last edited:
Anti-semitism is never an issue in these IvP discussions, it's the actions of a state we're talking about, you should know this.

And yet whenever a leftist is critical of the Israeli state's policies, he is called an anti-semite. It has been alluded to several times in this very thread. I am perfectly aware of the fact that these condemnations of various Israeli atrocities are only very rarely based on an innate hatred of Jews as such, but that does not stop the condroids from claiming that is the principal basis of these condemnations.

Seriously, read some anti-racist/anti oppression literature. This is real and gets every bit as nutbar ( whoops, non-PC term there, mocking mental illness) as the far right.

I have read plenty of such material. I've even taken a course in it at the local university (1).

Do you agree/disagree that all Muslims should be judged by the actions of a few ? When i say that HAMAS is dedicated to the destruction of Israel, do you read it as all Muslims are dedicated to the destruction of Israel ?

I believe that if person X decides to kill someone, then person X alone is responsible for that decision. If organisation Y tells person X to kill someone, and person X complies, then person X and organisation Y are equally responsible for that decision (provided person X is not coerced by special means, in which case his responsibility is lessened).

Thus, I disagree that all Muslims should be judged by the actions of the few, just as I'd disagree that all Israeli should be judged by the actions of the few, even if "the few", as some would point out, is their democratically elected government, and thus, in theory at least, representative of the will of the people.

Further, if HAMAS is dedicated to the destruction of Israel, I would assume that people not members or supporters of HAMAS would not be dedicated to the destruction of Israel. However, the obverse -- that all members of HAMAS are dedicated to the destruction of Israel -- is not necessarily true, as at least in theory there may be people who who are members of HAMAS who see this as the only viable way to obtain some sort of influence over politics in Gaza, and attempt, perhaps naïvely, to change the organisation from within.

IMO, from here on until the end, the rest of your post rocked. :)

Thank you.

Evidence?

In order to contact the people who made that statement, you would be wise to click on the "Contact" tab near the top of the page. Undoubtedly they'd give you the information on which they have based their position.

Taking a baby into a potential war zone because you want to, that's child abuse hey. I better stop here.

Yes, that seems singularly stupid!

---
(1) A quite moronic course, actually, which was held at the moronic Museum of World Culture here in town.
 
Last edited:
The fact that the site is outdated (moved to facebook?) is actually irrelevant. You did join a group that had "free Palestine" as its goal, and I have never seen that term used to mean "a Palestinian state living peacefully alongside Israel" but rather all of Israel replaced with a Palestinian state.

Your nuanced and objective analysis is noted. :rolleyes:
 
The fact that the site is outdated (moved to facebook?) is actually irrelevant. You did join a group that had "free Palestine" as its goal, and I have never seen that term used to mean "a Palestinian state living peacefully alongside Israel" but rather all of Israel replaced with a Palestinian state.

well atleast one of them favors a one state solution indeed

http://www.myspace.com/onestate

 
Here is the image, in case Cleon logs out hurriedly:

picture.php


I think you've got something to explain there, Cleon.
 
I think you've got something to explain there, Cleon.

You forgot to point out that he's also friends with someone called Vanessa who is clearly two different people! What an outrage! You should demand an explanation for this highly unorthodox behaviour as well.
 
Last edited:
Other friends there:

"Fans of Noam Chomksy"
"From the River to the Sea"
"ISM Palestine"
And, of course...

...seems like the usual assortment of useful idiots, to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom