• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Tea Party protest descends into madness, racism....

How did I just know that the TeaParty would be badly recieved on JREF? :D
 
Last edited:
This was exactly what people said would happen before the elections, normal protest that before was seen as angry is now seen as racist. Race has been turned into a weapon against dissent.

The race card has had a long history with critics of the tea party movement, and put in context with the high intensity of the health care debate it was almost inevitable that they'd drag this crap out to try and label the entire movement as “fringe” or “hateful.” I've said this in another thread yet it bears repeating; to dismiss the entire movement as racist based on the actions of a pitifully few loudmouths is to act as shallowly & ignorantly as any tea partier that they're accusing of.


At least they chose the the Constitution to idiolize as opposed to worse symbols like the communist manifesto which some anti-war activists have apparently embraced. I'd give the Tea party points at least for that even if they don't always know manners or understand parts of the constitution itself.
 
Last edited:
At least they chose the the Constitution to idiolize as opposed to worse symbols like the communist manifesto which some anti-war activists have apparently embraced. I'd give the Tea party points at least for that even if they don't always know manners or understand parts of the constitution itself.

They highlighted portion is simply wrong. They've chosen to idolize their narrow, long discredited and often made up, interpretation of the Constitution. The actual thing and the actual law? Not so much.
 
They highlighted portion is simply wrong. They've chosen to idolize their narrow, long discredited and often made up, interpretation of the Constitution. The actual thing and the actual law? Not so much.
Well, considering that most Americans don't understand how government works I'm not sure that's such a mind bending, earth shattering revelation. Check out some of the recent polling on high school graduates. That's not very appealing to begin with. Point is they chose to idolize a document which has stood as a stabilizing symbol of the country, whether they understand the document thoroughly or not is as I implied another matter.
 
Last edited:
Well, considering that most Americans don't understand how government works I'm not sure that's such a mind bending, earth shattering revelation. Check out some of the recent polling on high school graduates. That's not very appealing to begin with. Point is they chose to idolize a document which has stood as a stabilizing symbol of the country, whether they understand the document thoroughly or not is as I implied another matter.

We really, really need to bring back high school civics courses.
 
Well, considering that most Americans don't understand how government works I'm not sure that's such a mind bending, earth shattering revelation. Check out some of the recent polling on high school graduates. That's not very appealing to begin with. Point is they chose to idolize a document which has stood as a stabilizing symbol of the country, whether they understand the document thoroughly or not is as I implied another matter.
So what you're saying is "they may be complete morans who can barely read, but at least they can hold the Constitution right side up on cue when the camera is pointed at them. 10 points for Slytherin!"
 
So what you're saying is "they may be complete morans who can barely read, but at least they can hold the Constitution right side up on cue when the camera is pointed at them. 10 points for Slytherin!"

I laughed out loud.
 
I for one would rather see them idolize the constitution than the Hamas charter. Good intentions don't always coincide with knowledge, but people with an irrational hatred for opposing views might beg to differ.
 
Last edited:
I don't doubt the numbers are bad, but Nate Silver gave Strategic Vision a pretty brutal takedown as a pollster.

I don't know. It sounds like he's got some interesting ideas about what a random distribution should look like.
 
Couldn't help but notice that:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001743-503544.html

More than four in 10 self-described members of the Tea Party also identify as either Independents or Democrats, according to a recently released, comprehensive survey.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/63744

(CNSNews.com) - More than a quarter of Americans describe themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement, and the demographics of this group generally mirror the demographics of the national population, according to a USA Today/Gallup Poll.

And just for you folks:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...tial/Tea-partiers-outpoll-Obama-89914277.html

Democrats’ efforts to tar the tea partiers as crackpots and racists don’t seem to be paying off. Pollster Scott Rasmussen reports that 48% of voters say that tea partiers’ views on major issues are closer than those of Barack Obama to their own views, while 44% say Obama’s views are closer to theirs. Among independents, tea partiers’ views are preferred to Obama’s by a 50%-38% margin. The margin for tea partiers is even larger when voters are asked whether their views are closer to those of tea partiers or of average union members. The score: 45% tea partiers, 35% union members.

:D
 
"Either" democrats or independents. Nice way to slime democrats by having a category would include almost no democrats, but could be made to look as though it had many...

About what I expect from Republican Trash any more...
 
"Either" democrats or independents. Nice way to slime democrats by having a category would include almost no democrats, but could be made to look as though it had many...

About what I expect from Republican Trash any more...


Yeah, I caught that too. A valiant effort to make the tea parties appear bipartisan.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom