• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Tea Party protest descends into madness, racism....

Its the "No True Scottsman" fallacy, AvalonXQ.

No, it's not.
I've never said there aren't racist Tea Partiers, or that any racist is therefore not a "True Tea Partier". I've denied the claim that the Tea Party movement is generally made up of racists, and asked for evidence to support that claim.
More specifically, I've asked for evidence that every single Tea Party has had racist signs. Hundreds of cities having multiple tea parties, and the same half dozen signs are constantly used for the "racism" claim. That's not evidence of the same scope as the accusation.
Oh, and I don't associate myself with the Tea Party movement. I did, however, enjoy the signs and the conversations/arguments I had with people when I attended one.
 
So, you're asking for someone to provide photographic evidence of every sign from the tea bagger event you attended in Ohio, to prove your claim that there were no signs with racist sentiments?
 
So, you're asking for someone to provide photographic evidence of every sign from the tea bagger event you attended in Ohio, to prove your claim that there were no signs with racist sentiments?

I think AvalonXQ agrees that there have been some racist signs. He is merely pointing out that those signs are in the vast minority and thus the movement should not be tarred as racist as a whole.

I tend to agree with him although I would prefer if the tea party folk would police their own.
 
So, you're asking for someone to provide photographic evidence of every sign from the tea bagger event you attended in Ohio, to prove your claim that there were no signs with racist sentiments?

No. I'm asking for someone to provide a single example of a racist sign from the event I intended in Ohio.
Alternatively, they can show that that event was an outlier by showing at least one racist sign at most of the Tea Parties that have occurred.
Barring either, I argue that they do not have evidence to support their claim that racist signs are ubiquitous at Tea Parties.
 
I don't know if the question was answered. Somebody did spit on Cleaver. A man was detained, but Cleaver didn't want to press charges, so he was released.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...es-possible-threats-directed-house-democrats/

In addition, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, a black congressman from Missouri, said he was spit on by someone in the crowd who was later detained.

Tea Party protesters, though, dispute those accounts, saying they never heard racially charged language in the crowd. The man detained for allegedly spitting at Cleaver was also let go after, according to Capitol Police, Cleaver was unable to positively identify him.

Cleaver's office said the congressman chose not to press charges.
 
No. I'm asking for someone to provide a single example of a racist sign from the event I intended in Ohio.
Alternatively, they can show that that event was an outlier by showing at least one racist sign at most of the Tea Parties that have occurred.
Barring either, I argue that they do not have evidence to support their claim that racist signs are ubiquitous at Tea Parties.

There's some problems with this. How many signs do you think ended up photographed and identified as being from that particular event and available on the internet? Our failure to turn up a racist sign that meets your criteria doesn't mean there weren't any there.

At any rate, what about the claim that in the incident described in the OP, the protest descended into racism?
 
Re: Tea Party protest decends into madness, racism....

JoeTheJuggler said:
There's some problems with this. How many signs do you think ended up photographed and identified as being from that particular event and available on the internet? Our failure to turn up a racist sign that meets your criteria doesn't mean there weren't any there.
No, it just means a claim that there was one is faith-based rather than evidence-based.
 
Proof of none is on you. I could as easily claim that I was there and saw one. And if I did the proof would be on me. You are asserting a datum without evidence of its existence.

Sorry, it does not work that way. Thats the exact argument religious people use, because its impossible to prove that there is no god therefore there is a god and because you can't prove there were no racist signs at an event therefore there were racist signs at the event.

This was exactly what people said would happen before the elections, normal protest that before was seen as angry is now seen as racist. Race has been turned into a weapon against dissent.
 
Last edited:
This was exactly what people said would happen before the elections, normal protest that before was seen as angry is now seen as racist.

So when people show up with racist signs that doesn't count?

Race has been turned into a weapon against dissent.
Did it matter to you when patriotism was used as a weapon against dissent.

ETA: Just to clarify, I don't think that all tea partiers are racist, but there are those that are, and I haven't seen much effort from the tea party to distance themselves from the idiots.
 
Last edited:
You keep pushing this, and yet one of the loudest spokesmen for the "truther movement"; Alex Jones is a Christian/Libertarian ... What about his other younger subordinates that made the loose change series? Most truthers are also subscribers of the NWO conspiracy theory, which is largely supported by those in the libertarian crowd.. To try and lump truthers in with democrats just because they hated Bush is incredibly short sighted.

I personally heard the "C" word as in conservative fall out of Aex Jone's own mouth! (Can't link cuz I don't remember the exact video and he's made a lot of them and I'm not willing to abuse my ears.)

:rolleyes:
 
Just to clarify, I don't think that all tea partiers are racist, but there are those that are, and I haven't seen much effort from the tea party to distance themselves from the idiots.

Well, it's hard to tell the idiots from the rest of the party.

Especially when this is about as close to their talking points and platform as I can tell anything else is:

 
I remember one tea party guy (awhile back) ranting about how black women have more abortions than white women and getting words of encouragement/agreement.
 
More on this theme;

picture.php
 
Wait... does the owner of that vehicle think there is a Constitutional right to wear t-shirts and sleeveless tops?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom