This was exactly what people said would happen before the elections, normal protest that before was seen as angry is now seen as racist. Race has been turned into a weapon against dissent.
At least they chose the the Constitution to idiolize as opposed to worse symbols like the communist manifesto which some anti-war activists have apparently embraced. I'd give the Tea party points at least for that even if they don't always know manners or understand parts of the constitution itself.
Well, considering that most Americans don't understand how government works I'm not sure that's such a mind bending, earth shattering revelation. Check out some of the recent polling on high school graduates. That's not very appealing to begin with. Point is they chose to idolize a document which has stood as a stabilizing symbol of the country, whether they understand the document thoroughly or not is as I implied another matter.They highlighted portion is simply wrong. They've chosen to idolize their narrow, long discredited and often made up, interpretation of the Constitution. The actual thing and the actual law? Not so much.
[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=392&pictureid=2840[/qimg]
Well, considering that most Americans don't understand how government works I'm not sure that's such a mind bending, earth shattering revelation. Check out some of the recent polling on high school graduates. That's not very appealing to begin with. Point is they chose to idolize a document which has stood as a stabilizing symbol of the country, whether they understand the document thoroughly or not is as I implied another matter.
We really, really need to bring back high school civics courses.
So what you're saying is "they may be complete morans who can barely read, but at least they can hold the Constitution right side up on cue when the camera is pointed at them. 10 points for Slytherin!"Well, considering that most Americans don't understand how government works I'm not sure that's such a mind bending, earth shattering revelation. Check out some of the recent polling on high school graduates. That's not very appealing to begin with. Point is they chose to idolize a document which has stood as a stabilizing symbol of the country, whether they understand the document thoroughly or not is as I implied another matter.
So what you're saying is "they may be complete morans who can barely read, but at least they can hold the Constitution right side up on cue when the camera is pointed at them. 10 points for Slytherin!"
If they're going to desecrate something by using it to justify their hatred and ignorance, I'd just as soon it be something other than the Constitution.I for one would rather see them idolize the constitution than the Hamas charter.
I laughed out loud.
More than four in 10 self-described members of the Tea Party also identify as either Independents or Democrats, according to a recently released, comprehensive survey.
(CNSNews.com) - More than a quarter of Americans describe themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement, and the demographics of this group generally mirror the demographics of the national population, according to a USA Today/Gallup Poll.
Democrats’ efforts to tar the tea partiers as crackpots and racists don’t seem to be paying off. Pollster Scott Rasmussen reports that 48% of voters say that tea partiers’ views on major issues are closer than those of Barack Obama to their own views, while 44% say Obama’s views are closer to theirs. Among independents, tea partiers’ views are preferred to Obama’s by a 50%-38% margin. The margin for tea partiers is even larger when voters are asked whether their views are closer to those of tea partiers or of average union members. The score: 45% tea partiers, 35% union members.
"Either" democrats or independents. Nice way to slime democrats by having a category would include almost no democrats, but could be made to look as though it had many...
About what I expect from Republican Trash any more...