UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee
Conservative republicans in Texasisare weird.
ftfy
Conservative republicans in Texasisare weird.
I'm feeling a bit rusty on the subject of high school level civics, but this is blatantly unconstitutional, right? It wouldn't withstand any judicial review, would it?
I agree. It would require a woman getting an abortion to undergo a sonogram and be shown the sonogram.
IOW, they want the government to be more involved in healthcare decisions, coming between doctors and patients. So much for limited government.
I don't suppose you have evidence of this?the same way they're teaching every other subject: with a strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias.
It's a statement that there is a party in Texas for which the constitution of the United States of America is not a well-written or well-designed document, but for which that document is based on principles designed to fail.
It's basically a statement that for that party, in that state, the constitution was poorly written and a bad idea.
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution
Our motto is "Not on our watch!"
One party is stating, with this, that they disagree with those principles.
Hmm, so a creationist lost in a primary race for the State Board of Education. This is evidence that Texas public schools teach every subject with a "strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias"?Here's a news article from two days ago that you can start out with. If you're still in denial, there's plenty more out there for you to read.
Hmm, so a creationist lost in a primary race for the State Board of Education. This is evidence that Texas public schools teach every subject with a "strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias"?
Try again.
So it should be easy to find evidence that Texas public schools teach every subject with a "strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias", right?Um you know that he had been in charge of that for rather a long time right?
So it should be easy to find evidence that Texas public schools teach every subject with a "strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias", right?
Congrats. You've shown an opinion piece that claims that the creationists on the Texas Board of Education want to introduce creationism in Texas science textbooks. They likely do.And welcome to captain obvious time:
http://skepticalteacher.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/the-textbook-saga-in-texas-continues/
In other news, water is wet, ice is cold, and Texas is trying to stick Christ in textbooks.
My apologies. They probably don't teach gym class that way.What you have completely failed to do is show even a tiny bit of evidence that Texas public schools teach every subject with a "strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias". I'm not surprised.
Is this your way of saying that you have no evidence to back up your claim? Look, I live in Texas. I attended high school here (after attending California schools) and received a BS degree from a Texas public university. I don't recall any of the bias you claim exists. My child goes to public school here, and I'd be peeved if such bias existed in her curriculum. So I'm all for hearing evidence of the extreme bias you claim exists. So far, you've failed to provide any.My apologies. They probably don't teach gym class that way.
Has Texas ever attempted to insert bthe teaching of creationism uncritically into the science curiculum? If yes, then that statement is true. They are choosing sides with dogmatic religion (which I would call superstition) over science.I don't suppose you have evidence of this?
My apologies. They probably don't teach gym class that way.
My apologies. They probably don't teach gym class that way.
Is this your way of saying that you have no evidence to back up your claim? Look, I live in Texas. I attended high school here (after attending California schools) and received a BS degree from a Texas public university. I don't recall any of the bias you claim exists. My child goes to public school here, and I'd be peeved if such bias existed in her curriculum. So I'm all for hearing evidence of the extreme bias you claim exists. So far, you've failed to provide any.
Did you miss the whole creationists running the state board of education then ?
I hear he also wears a funny hat, but that is unconfirmed.
No. And that is evidence that, in Texas, every subject is taught "with a strong right-wing, revisionist, pro-Christianity, anti-science bias"?Did you miss the whole creationists running the state board of education then ?