• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ancient Pyramids and other structures, astronomical alignment & similarity.

Do you think such a pharaoh would be allowed to get away with such a change? Certainly, the pharaoh was essentially a god in human form - but the Egyptians did not believe the gods were infallible and omnibenevolent; that being a Judeo-Christian formulation. The Egyptian gods fought, argued, and occasionally had attitude problems that they took out on people. The gods were not perfect, and neither was their representative.

Not to pick on him (well actually, yes), Akhenaten was a pharaoh and changed just about everything, made all kinds of proclamations, and even moved the administrative capital of Egypt to quite frankly the middle of nowhere. All these changes lasted pretty much until he died - at which point the "god's decrees" were all reversed or annulled in short order. Not only that, but there began a systematic destruction of any and all findable traces that Akhenaten ever existed at all. Why? Because he was weird and crazy. If you don't believe he was crazy, consider that most of the statues he commissioned of himself had breasts. Totally.

The Great Pyramid would've been a source of immense national pride for the Egyptians. Nothing any other contemporary culture did was as massive, tall, and imposing. I'd think they wouldn't allow some ego-driven blowhard to co-opt it as his own. If Ramesses II didn't do it, no one else would've - that's what I think.

I've seen evidence of 'attempts' to erase people from Egypt's history. I think there's even a posted example here.

Kings don't think or act like normal people, and aren't limited by normal restraints.

If I am King, and I say 'I' built this, then I did. If you contradict me, you're dead...

If I catch you telling a group of people that I didn't build it, then I'll kill them, their family, and then you and your family. If I find out that you wrote any of this down, I'll salt your lands and make sure no one will ever know you existed.

I think that it is definitely doable for a King to steal/claim whatever he wanted even a mountain of a structure.
 
Last edited:
I've seen evidence of 'attempts' to erase people from Egypt's history. I think there's even a posted example here.

Kings don't think or act like normal people, and aren't limited by normal restraints.

If I am King, and I say 'I' built this, then I did. If you contradict me, you're dead...

I I catch you telling a group of people that I didn't build it, then I'll kill them, their family, and then you and your family. If I find out that you wrote any of this down, I'll salt your lands and make sure no one will ever know you existed.

I think that it is definitely doable for a King to steal/claim whatever he wanted even a mountain of a structure.
there were only a handful of kings with that amount of power over their subjects and even then he couldn't kill everyone, Its definitely not the norm and it wasn't true of Khufu.
Did you miss the Giza plateau Radiocarbon project or just forget it with your "sometimes really awful" memory. Do you think Khufu also engineered all the scientifically verifiable dates that place its construction in his reign as be part of the cover up.
Is Scooby Doo in there somewhere as well
:D
 
Last edited:
Why can't we say that this stele IS someone talking...?


Two separate answers to that question, I think.

1. If you mean 'talking' as in a whistleblower then I think Checkmite's answer has that pretty well covered. Even Pharaoh couldn't get away with secretly appropriating a major Pyramid. Don't forget that Egypt had a huge bureaucracy, and that's who was responsible for writing the 'real' history.

As Checkmite points out, Pharaoh's whims could be set aside as soon as his ka was on its way. And this was especially so in the case of my namesake and to a lesser extent, his son (?) Tutankhaten, whom you know as King Tut. (Tutankhamun was the name given to him as part of the obliteration of the Amarna Experiment)
 
Last edited:
Indeed. Serves to show the quality of the testimonies.

If 50 thousand saw OJ kill Nichole on the 50 yard line, that might not be proof that 'he' did it, still.

ALL of these eye witnesses were arguably too far away to be absolutely certain that it was really OJ and not an actor.

The thing is that some had binoculars, others HD cameras, and some point and shoot pocket versions.

Each one, in and of itself carries little real evidentiary weight, but together...they add up to an understandable conclusion.

Stop ignoring big similarities favoring instead to point out minor differences.
 
there were only a handful of kings with that amount of power over their subjects and even then he couldn't kill everyone, Its definitely not the norm and it wasn't true of Khufu.
Did you miss the Giza plateau Radiocarbon project or just forget it with your "sometimes really awful" memory. Do you think Khufu also engineered all the scientifically verifiable dates that place its construction in his reign as be part of the cover up.
Is Scooby Doo in there somewhere as well
:D

I think even you'd have to admit that the Giza site has been 'repeatedly' repaired...?

How can you completely ignore the weathering patterns on the Sphinx, that indicate a much older age?

Why isn't all the area's surrounding limestone structures similarly weathered?

The King that 'I' am...I couldn't kill a hamster without being taken to task for it. Anyone who could build the Great Pyramid, could certainly control media enough to claim anything he pointed at as his.
 
If 50 thousand saw OJ kill Nichole on the 50 yard line, that might not be proof that 'he' did it, still.

People killing other people is not something unknown to science. In order to add new stuff to science you need more than eyewitness reports.

Each one, in and of itself carries little real evidentiary weight, but together...they add up to an understandable conclusion.

Not if each one, in and of itself, is worthless. 0E100 is still zero.

Stop ignoring big similarities favoring instead to point out minor differences.

What ?
 
I've seen evidence of 'attempts' to erase people from Egypt's history. I think there's even a posted example here.


Indeed.


KV55.jpg


I intend to find out who's responsible too. Heads will roll!


Kings don't think or act like normal people, and aren't limited by normal restraints.


Ooh my wordy lordy no.


If I am King, and I say 'I' built this, then I did. If you contradict me, you're dead...


Nup. Egypt didn't work like that in the time of the Pharaohs. If the King got too out of hand, certain 'arrangements' could be made. Happened all the time, and in fact, Tutankhaten was only 18 when he stopped being alive. Pretty suss.


If I catch you telling a group of people that I didn't build it, then I'll kill them, their family, and then you and your family. If I find out that you wrote any of this down, I'll salt your lands and make sure no one will ever know you existed.


Bit tricky. It took virtually the whole of Egypt to build that thing, or at least contribute to its construction. The only way to keep a secret that big would be to kill everyone.


I think that it is definitely doable for a King to steal/claim whatever he wanted even a mountain of a structure.


Report back when you've tried it out, King of the Americas, and let us know how it went.

;)
 
Last edited:
I think even you'd have to admit that the Giza site has been 'repeatedly' repaired...?

How can you completely ignore the weathering patterns on the Sphinx, that indicate a much older age?

Why isn't all the area's surrounding limestone structures similarly weathered?

The King that 'I' am...I couldn't kill a hamster without being taken to task for it. Anyone who could build the Great Pyramid, could certainly control media enough to claim anything he pointed at as his.

ok so youre ignoring the link already posted in this thread to the 1990s Radiocarbon project then, or think Khufu had some influence there

and you're also ignoring the link already posted in this thread to the credible rebuttal to the claims made by one radical geologist who is unsupported by the rest of his profession.

0/10

if you are ignoring most of the evidence to the contrary in this way then I expect you can "believe" anything you want
but everyone here is going to laugh at you for it
look, I'm already doing it
ahahahahaha
ahahahahaha
ahahahaha
:degrin:
 
Report back when you've tried it out, King of the Americas, and let us know how it went.

;)

Self imposed kingships aren't as authoritative I'm afraid.

The stele said he 'found it', claiming it as his, and made attempts to restore it...

If I found a junked out car and restored it, I think it would be easy to claim ownership, and even argue that I built part of it.

Is it possible that this was the case, and this stele is evidence of it?
 
The stele was created in Dynasty XXVI.

The Pyramids were already ancient, so who knows what stories may have grown about them?

The Pyramid usurping story is false.
 
Last edited:
Is it possible that this was the case, and this stele is evidence of it?
You mean finding an old derelict pyramid outside town, one everyone had more or less forgotten about, shining it up and claiming it as ones own.
No, not really.
 
Last edited:
KotA seems to have overlooked that the technology and skills necessary to build Khufu's Pyramid didn't exist at any earlier time.

OR

Khufu Pyramid was here first, and the other bent and step pyramids were unsuccessful attempts to mimic it with poor unrefined techniques.
 
OR

Khufu Pyramid was here first, and the other bent and step pyramids were unsuccessful attempts to mimic it with poor unrefined techniques.

Whenever a civilization develops a technology, it typically doesn't start out perfect and then get progressively worse as research continues.

The Great Pyramid constitutes a natural and expected progression of pyramid-building technology as it began with Djoser and continued through his descendants.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom