• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Chemical Ali" to hang

lionking

In the Peanut Gallery
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
58,984
Location
Melbourne
While I won't shed a tear, I am still staunchly against death penalties. I don't trust the American judicial system enough to kill someone, much less the Iraqi judicial.
 
While I won't shed a tear, I am still staunchly against death penalties. I don't trust the American judicial system enough to kill someone, much less the Iraqi judicial.

Both seem quite capable of killing people. Of course it's not done very efficiently here in the US with all our automatic appeals and stuff.
 
All he has to do to show his remorse is to write a children's book.
 
Not really news, it's the 4th time he's been sentenced to hang.
 
It's a pity Iraq doesn't use the gas chamber for executions.

How do medieval statements like 'an eye for an eye' apply to the 21st century? Surely the point of the rule of law should be demonstrating that we are superior to Al-Majid's barbaric acts, not copying them. It's a position of strength, not weakness.
 
Last edited:
Allow me to shed a tear.


...hold on.


...almost.


...wait, I think I feel...
...no.



Does anyone have some eye drops or something?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom