• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

I'm thinking of taking a camera...

Brainache

Nasty Brutish and Tall
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
17,795
Location
Canberra
http://www.thehardevidence.com/site

A big Truther event is on this weekend here in beautiful sunny Sydney and I was thinking of going along with a video camera. Do any of the JREF regulars have any suggestions for questions or tactics I might use?

I doubt I'll be talking to any of the featured guests (S. Jones & Gage) or even Luke Rudowski, probably just the rank and file gullible chumps who have shelled out too much money to hear these guys mumble rubbish.

I have a bit of experience using a camera, but the rest is all new.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
 
I am absolutely gobsmacked!

Call me naive (that's rhetorical folks) but I had no idea that this even had a following in Australia, let alone be able to sell tickets to such an nonsense filled event.
 
Wear a dark suit and try (very badly) to sneak taking their pictures, also speak into your sleeve every once in a while and sneak obvious furtive looks when you do.
 
I am absolutely gobsmacked!

Call me naive (that's rhetorical folks) but I had no idea that this even had a following in Australia, let alone be able to sell tickets to such an nonsense filled event.
Yeah theres this site here
http://www.911oz.com/

They have followings everywhere unfortunately.



Well, I have a sunday to spare, but Im not paying to get into that event... Maybe Ill stand out the front of the building handing out 9/11 debunking pamphlets... I wonder what their reaction would be to come out of their session to the see people handing out debunking info.
 
I'd come and help, but I live in another country. Try to get a panoramic view of them so they can be accurately counted. Don't shift from one viewpoint to another. If they march down the street, stand on the other side so they can be seen completely. Try to estimate how old the group is.

I can't imagine there would be a big group in Australia. I'll put a maximum number at 20. Anyone want to set up a betting pool on this?
 
Last edited:
Only 20? Hardly seems worth the effort for them to fly in the speakers, book an auditorium etc. Surely they'd have to get a few hundred just for it to be commercially viable.

I assume they are doing it for money or do they have untold reserves and that is not the issue?
 
.....Try to get a panoramic view of them so they can be accurately counted. Don't shift from one viewpoint to another. If they march down the street, stand on the other side so they can seen completely. Try to estimate how old the group is....


Thanks. Reading down the thread, I wanted to say about the same thing so I will repeat what you said for emphasis.
 
Only 20? Hardly seems worth the effort for them to fly in the speakers, book an auditorium etc. Surely they'd have to get a few hundred just for it to be commercially viable.

I assume they are doing it for money or do they have untold reserves and that is not the issue?

Who says it is? Or will be? It may be investment in the future. After all, the USA has pretty much run dry on 911 Truth. And it's not like Gage is going to go back to designing bathrooms and school gyms.

But sure. I give him 20 people. I may be wrong, but they are charging a lot and I just don't see the interest. This is 8 years ago. There is no mass movement in the USA or anywhere else. The Internet is full of responses to 911 Truth. The only people left willing to shell out money for this are right-wing college kids in the USA.

I never gamble or buy lottery tickets, but I'm willing to bet on this one. Brainache gets the video, puts it on Youtube and we can count them.

One more thing about the video. In my answer, I assumed it was an outside demo. If it's some sort of inside thing, I don't know how they'll feel about cameras. You may want to stand by the door and film them as they come in. Being paranoid nut jobs, this may raise issues, so you should stand back some distance. If they let you film inside, that's great. If they don't, try to get some pictures with a phone camera.

Even with the pictures, count everyone. Sit at the back near the door and watch if anyone leaves. Make sure to get an accurate count of how many attended. And watch for age. In the USA, it's all kids. Virtually none of the big names in the USA 'street actions' were out of elementary school when 911really happened.

I guess the main point is to try and construct a profile of who's attending and what kind of people they might be.

Good luck and keep us informed about what happens.
 
What i want to know is who the heck is Janice Matthews?
 
According to John Bursill, they had already sold 157 tickets for the Saturday festivities and 82 for Sunday's event. Saturday is Gage and Steven Jones, which accounts for the difference.

Janice Matthews runs 911truth.org, and is probably best known as one of the sources for Steven Jones' dust. Her apartment was close to the WTC and her windows were blown out during the collapse of the towers, resulting in a lot of the dust coming in.

Brainache, I'd be happy to have you guest post at SLC on your experience at what I'm calling the Blunder Down Under. If you get a chance, the question I'd ask Richard Gage is as follows:

Mr Gage, you state that you have experience designing fireproofed steel structures. Given that you claim fire could not have brought down the World Trade Center buildings, why do you require fireproofing on the steel?

Of course, given that Bursill is "moderating" the Q&A session I assume they will require you to submit your question on an index card and Bursill will choose which ones to ask of Box Boy.
 
Brainache if this all works out can I take the footage and use the audio as an mp3 for the 911 debate site?
|
|
V
 
Janice Matthews runs 911truth.org, and is probably best known as one of the sources for Steven Jones' dust. Her apartment was close to the WTC and her windows were blown out during the collapse of the towers, resulting in a lot of the dust coming in.

What an impartial source! :jaw-dropp
 
One word of advice on using the video camera: attach a tripod, even if you don't use it. Extend the top post and hold it by that; the weight of the hanging legs, even when not extended, helps to steady your shots.

Okay, that wasn't one word, exactly, but you get the drift.
 
Wear a dark suit and try (very badly) to sneak taking their pictures, also speak into your sleeve every once in a while and sneak obvious furtive looks when you do.


Black suit, black hat, sunglasses, ear piece, and never, ever smile. Film everybody. Talk to your lapel with mysterious code words and phrases. "Dumpling has met with Little John." "The cheese is on the cracker."

Unless you're being serious about it. Then I'll look at Hey Leroy's and scott.in.taiwan's advice.
 
I'd come and help, but I live in another country. Try to get a panoramic view of them so they can be accurately counted. Don't shift from one viewpoint to another. If they march down the street, stand on the other side so they can be seen completely. Try to estimate how old the group is.

I can't imagine there would be a big group in Australia. I'll put a maximum number at 20. Anyone want to set up a betting pool on this?

I wasn't planning on going inside the venue, I'm not buying a ticket. I thought I'd hang around outside at lunch time to see who is coming out and maybe ask a few thought-provoking questions. I'll try to get an impression of total numbers for you.

Brainache, I'd be happy to have you guest post at SLC on your experience at what I'm calling the Blunder Down Under. If you get a chance, the question I'd ask Richard Gage is as follows:
Mr Gage, you state that you have experience designing fireproofed steel structures. Given that you claim fire could not have brought down the World Trade Center buildings, why do you require fireproofing on the steel?


Of course, given that Bursill is "moderating" the Q&A session I assume they will require you to submit your question on an index card and Bursill will choose which ones to ask of Box Boy.

If I get the chance I'll ask. But as I said above, I'll just be outside on the street.

Brainache if this all works out can I take the footage and use the audio as an mp3 for the 911 debate site?
|
|
V

No worries. There could be a lot of traffic noise, I'm not using a boom mic.

One word of advice on using the video camera: attach a tripod, even if you don't use it. Extend the top post and hold it by that; the weight of the hanging legs, even when not extended, helps to steady your shots.

Okay, that wasn't one word, exactly, but you get the drift.

Thanks, but I'm only borrowing the camera and I doubt I'll get a tripod. I worked as a camera operator for a TV station for about 16 years, so I should be able to handle it. I'll try not to do too many whizz pans and crash zooms etc.

Having said that, the camera I'll be using is just a tiny light hand-held thing so please forgive any shakiness...
 
Uh guys, I really really doubt Brainache is paying to get into this farce. Probably just documenting the outside.

eta: ah, I see he replied at the same time.
 
Last edited:
I am absolutely gobsmacked!

Call me naive (that's rhetorical folks) but I had no idea that this even had a following in Australia, let alone be able to sell tickets to such an nonsense filled event.

Heh...head over to this months stundies. I got a few quotes from one gem of an aussie over there.
 
Luke Rudowski

How twoofers can still believe these ppl do this out of the kindness of their own hearts is beyond me. If it hadn't been for twoof Luke would just be some annoying kid who talks to himself alone in a bar...now he gets to travel the world and have thousands of people think he's some sort of revolutionary. Talk about a sham.

question 1. when are you guys going to submit your work to a legitimate forum as opposed to your normal intellectual inbreeding?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom