Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
Amb you enjoy the lampooning of the name Jesus, it's not so much that it annoys, but it is a simplistic thing to do.
Dude. Why so srs?
Amb you enjoy the lampooning of the name Jesus, it's not so much that it annoys, but it is a simplistic thing to do.
I'm convinced by all the evidence I've presented in my 1200 posts in this thread as well as other evidence I've presented in other threads. For example my thread "The 25 fulfilled prophecies of Isaiah 53". If your truly not convinced, then so be it. But there is plenty of evidence there for Christians to believe, and nothing any skeptic has said in this or any other thread has changed my mind.
I don't need a miracle to believe Jesus in the New Testament fits these verses.
From Isaiah Chapter 53
<offensive xtian heresy and propoganda snipped>
I have just skipped the last 200-or-so of the 7,059 posts...
Have I missed any evidence (as promised in the OP)?
Your messiah "fits" vague waffle disguised as prose?I don't need a miracle to believe Jesus in the New Testament fits these verses.
From Isaiah Chapter 53
Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
1 He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
2 He was despised and rejected by men,
3 a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
4 Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
So, He gets to have personal evidence, but I don't? I'm supposed to believe the bible in all this. The same book which was decided upon by committee?"After" he saw the resurrected Christ it didn't seem he was too afraid to be martyred as evidenced by him spending the last years of his life preaching in Rome, the heart of the Roman Empire.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85633
And "before" he saw the resurrected Christ he was most likely trying to save own his skin when he denied Christ 3 times.
No problem.Joobz, you are correct, my apologies. My thoughts were an independant account of Christ and the crucifiction and that is the only segement of Tacitus that I employed.
Certainly, assuming it is a negative thing to begin with.How the hell would I know, what the hell would I care, unless it was with my partner...thye point to singling it out as a commandment is that it can easily become a precursor to more negative outcomes for someone.
So a book of the bible can be thought to predict another book of the bible. I can't think anything wrong with that logic.I don't need a miracle to believe Jesus in the New Testament fits these verses.
From Isaiah Chapter 53
So a book of the bible can be thought to predict another book of the bible. I can't think anything wrong with that logic.
Here's an Alternate Translation:
"1 Woo haz beleeved teh storee? N to woo haz been pettd wif da paw of Ceiling Cat?
2 He growd before us, liek a tiny kitteh, liek a root in teh gardenz. He had no soft furz, no invisible bicyclez. Nuthin thas says, “o hai, ai iz prettay cat!”
3 He wuz steppd on by the peoplez, a sad kitteh, woo knowd sorry. Liek doze uglee peoplez, dat uthers look at n sai “ewwww”, he wuz not liekd vry much.
4 But he taekd all the scry stuff n de stuff dat makes kittehs sad n he carried it arnd. We wuz still stoopid n thot that Ceiling Cat punishd dis kitteh, pokd him wif a newspapr n put him in da backyard at nite.
5 He wuz pwnd cuz we doez bad stuff, he wuz hurtd cuz we taek cheezburgr n not ask first. Teh pwnage dat maed us all bettr wuz on dis kitteh n cuz he take it we’z okay now. Srsly.
6 We haz gone liek da sheep n go awy cuz r wai iz bettr den da wai uv Ceiling Cat; but cuz o dis Ceiling Cat haz put da bad stuff on dis kitteh. rly.
7 Dis kitteh had lotza bad stuff happen, but he not say nuthin’. Dis kitteh keep hiz mouf shut. He wuz liek doze sheep dat don’t say nuthin wen they’z bout to be sheard. Dis kitteh keep hiz mouf shut. Srsly.
8 Cuz uv sad n meanness, dis kitteh goed awai. N wut to say bout hiz childrenz? He doesn’t got ani cuz dey told him ta go awai bfore he haz more kittehs. He no had childrenz cuz other kittehs suckz.
9 He had ta stay wit da bad kittehs. Da kind dat no liek Ceiling Cat n think he suckz n da kind dat taek all the cookies n not share. Suckz, cuz dis kitteh wuz gud n rly liekd Ceiling Cat n uder kittehs. He didnt lie, neither.
10 But it wuz Ceiling Cat woo hit dis kitteh wif da newspaper, n tho Ceiling Cat put dis kitteh out in da backyard, he will be nice soon n give many childrenz n let kitteh back inside. Dis kitteh will do da will of Ceiling Cat n it will be great, kthx.
11 Aftr kitteh gets ovr pwnage, then he will b happi cuz all da uder kittehs r happi too. Cuz dis kitteh taekz bad stuff n maeks it gud.
12 Cuz dis kitteh had to deal wif all dis B-S, Ceiling Cat sais he getz all da cheezburgs he wantz. Srsly. N thn he can givez them to his friendz. But only friendz woo love Ceiling Cat and Ceiling Cat’s buddi. "
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Isaiah_53
Hey, I've heard about accounts of Jesus as a kid where he used his superpowers to kill other kids, do little of water into wine (sound familiar) and so on. Does anyone know the name of these accounts? I don't want to use them in agruments without being able to link to a reference.
Hey, I've heard about accounts of Jesus as a kid where he used his superpowers to kill other kids, do little of water into wine (sound familiar) and so on. Does anyone know the name of these accounts? I don't want to use them in agruments without being able to link to a reference.
What, you've never heard of exaggeration to make a point before?
Amb you enjoy the lampooning of the name Jesus, it's not so much that it annoys, but it is a simplistic thing to do.
I always wondered why God named his son after a common expletive.The name 'Jesus' actually means, ''god saves''. His name if this character ever really existed was Yeshua, or Joshua. A very popular name in the first century.
Hey, I've heard about accounts of Jesus as a kid where he used his superpowers to kill other kids, do little of water into wine (sound familiar) and so on. Does anyone know the name of these accounts? I don't want to use them in agruments without being able to link to a reference.
Have fun, lots of anecdotes and the dating is interesting, too.
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...of+thomas&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=es&lr=lang_en
Come on, he's one of the all-time great Jewish comedians.Would the 'lord' exaggerate?![]()
Come on, he's one of the all-time great Jewish comedians.
Yes, but not quite on a level with Krusty.Better than Woody Allen?