I would have ignored Saddam the tinpot dictator
Great, that would have worked.
You sure love those Iraqis, let them suffer at the hands of that murderer.
Last edited:
I would have ignored Saddam the tinpot dictator
No, it was something about WMD and al Qaeda. 6+ years later and conservatives are still moving the goalposts? Amazing.
"Hussein was not a threat to anyone" guys... Tell that to the Kurds.
WMD's were but one, Saddam's connection to terrorist organizations (al Qaeda isn't the only terrorist group) were quite real, and there were other reasons as well.
Have you read anything about that horrible regime and what it was capable of? Oh right, you're one of those " Hussein was not a threat to anyone" guys... Tell that to the Kurds.
Do your sums. (interesting source from columbia univ on line: http://www2.census.gov/prod2/decennial/documents/1860a-02.pdf )So there's around 30 million people in Iraq.
85 000 out of 30 million = 0.3% of the population
whats the big deal??
0.3% of America, which I'm counting as 300 million - that works out to 900 000 americans.
Wouldn't the American people gladly give up 900 000 souls for freedom?
Why are the Iraqis so ungrateful?
You are moving the goalpost, oldhat. Go read the congressional authorization for war. You will find many reasons given for why we invaded. WMD's were but one, Saddam's connection to terrorist organizations (al Qaeda isn't the only terrorist group) were quite real, and there were other reasons as well.
You sure love those Iraqis, let them suffer at the hands of that murderer.
Other than Ansar Al Islam, I'd ask that we not derail this thread into that tired, and OBE, argument.what terrorist groups?
and what evidence supports it?
Using your logic, it's funny how much conservatives love North Koreans or Iranians, i.e. not at all. What happened to the "Axis of Evil," conservatives and the great moral crusade of human rights and liberation we're supposed to be embarking on? Is that no longer operative?
Axis of Evil was a nonsensical bit of rhetoric when it was uttered, and remains nonsensical no matter who uses it, to include you.Using your logic, it's funny how much conservatives love North Koreans or Iranians, i.e. not at all. What happened to the "Axis of Evil," conservatives and the great moral crusade of human rights and liberation we're supposed to be embarking on? Is that no longer operative?
unlike Bush who pussed out and let OBL get away in Tora Bora because he was the worst, most incompetent C-in-C in the annals of the American Presidency.
Axis of Evil was a nonsensical bit of rhetoric when it was uttered, and remains nonsensical no matter who uses it, to include you.
I've heard this accusation plenty of times. What I have never heard is any details about what, specifically, should have been done to prevent this.
[qimg]http://yellowcakewalk.net/2006-11-04/rummy-saddam.jpg[/qimg]
who's beloved dictator?
This is a very good example of an "I'm bored, what kind of thread can I start that will restart old arguments from many, many other old, old threads, because I just love bashing the last administration so much, even though there will be no new arguments or revelations, but it will allow me to show how far superior I am to the evil republicans" thread.
Like any sane, rational person I would have ignored Saddam the tinpot dictator and focused on the war we had already started in Afghanistan, unlike Bush who pussed out and let OBL get away in Tora Bora because he was the worst, most incompetent C-in-C in the annals of the American Presidency.
I find this conservative response amusing "Oh yeah?!? OH YEAH?!? Well what would you have done about Bad Guy Dictator X in Freedonia? Huh HUH?"