• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Amway TV ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting how new people come in:

Z said:
I'm just not the kind who can do that kind of sales, and I know it. Props to those who can...

Get annoyed, but remain reasonably polite in the face of insult:

Z said:
No offense intended, but when you say this, you sound EXACTLY like someone pushing a cult or faith. Just for your edification, I'm not choosing to remain uninformed; I'm choosing to do my research independently, free from people with biased opinions either way, if and only if I find a reason to do such research.

...

So, as I said before, no, but thank you for the offer. But you may feel free to keep your condescending comments about 'remaining uninformed' to yourself.

Continue toward being annoyed, but showing restraint:

Z said:
Believe me, taking a little effort to make things more readable will be more rewarding in the long run than continuing to be a smarmy wiseacre. If you don't wind up banned for being uncivil, you'll wind up ignored by many, or turned into yet another forum kitty toy, like so many other posters have been, to be played with and batted around as amusement.

Often, these reasonable people get fed up and wander off. At some point, Tex, you have to wonder what's going on. Is every person who comes in impossible to reason with? Or is your approach not working?
 
Exactly. The cult mindset at work.

One of the really interesting things about the amway that I have seen is the level of anti-intellectualism that they promote. Success through any other form than amway isn't considered success. Job's are looked down upon even if they are really good because they aren't amway. Going to college is frowned upon because you are wasting time when you could be building amway etc. Starting other types of businesses is considered foolish because amway is the best opportunity. You get the idea.

The response you are seeing from tex is the classic amway response to these issues. Notice how much less nuanced tex is than icerat but how they are ultimately saying the same thing "amway is the only path to financial salvation".

Icerat has made the point on multiple occasions that my experiences with amway are invalid because I didn't experience every single group in amway and how all of them do business. From what I've seen if you've seen one you've seen them all. There really are only minor doctrinal differences between them. Some are more image conscious than others but ultimately they are all the branches of the same tree in the same way all of the christian religions have evolved over time.
 
Notice how much less nuanced tex is than icerat but how they are ultimately saying the same thing "amway is the only path to financial salvation".

In the interest of fairness, I don't really remember Icerat saying that. Maybe I missed it; it's certainly a long thread. :)
 
It's interesting how new people come in: >>>> Yes, it is. "I don't know anything, but Amway is a cult." LOL



Get annoyed, but remain reasonably polite in the face of insult: >>>> Asking whether someone would like to be better informed is now an insult. LOL



Continue toward being annoyed, but showing restraint: >>>> Claiming to be a skeptic, but in fact, a skeptic is willing to get more input. A closed minded individual is not. I think you are on the wrong forum! LOL



Often, these reasonable people get fed up and wander off. At some point, Tex, you have to wonder what's going on. >>>> I know what's going on. Some people have already made up their minds and don't want to be confused with the facts. LOL

Is every person who comes in impossible to reason with? Or is your approach not working?
There are many people who are easy to work with. Very few of them show up on forums/blogs. LOL Thanks for adding to my IBO educational process. LOL I tell you guys over and over you're being USED, and you STILL don't realize it! LOL
 
I tell you guys over and over you're being USED, and you STILL don't realize it!

You're using this forum as a demonstration of the effectiveness of dictionary based compression?
 
One of the really interesting things about the amway that I have seen is the level of anti-intellectualism that they promote. >>>> Why should you be surprised? I found the same disinterest in intellectualism here, and this is supposed to be an "Educational Foundation", and a place for "skepticism, critical thinking", and it's anything but. LOL

Success through any other form than amway isn't considered success. >>>> Here we go again....LOL

Job's are looked down upon even if they are really good because they aren't amway. >>>> Yawn....LOL

Going to college is frowned upon because you are wasting time when you could be building amway etc. >>>> Double yawn.... LOL

Starting other types of businesses is considered foolish because amway is the best opportunity. >>>> Triple yawn....LOL

You get the idea. >>>> Definitely. When you can't analyze the facts, let alone be interested in them, you go back to the tired, old ad hominems. LOL

The response you are seeing from tex is the classic amway response to these issues. >>>> No it isn't. Not even close. LOL

Notice how much less nuanced tex is than icerat but how they are ultimately saying the same thing "amway is the only path to financial salvation". >>>> I've never said that. LOL

Icerat has made the point on multiple occasions that my experiences with amway are invalid because I didn't experience every single group in amway and how all of them do business. >>>> Icerat/insider/ibofb does that a lot, but he KNOWS the LCKs charge about the same for tools, so it is reasonable they profit about the same from the tool scam.

From what I've seen if you've seen one you've seen them all. >>>> For the most part, I agree. However, the UK BY RULE has changed, and other countries have also clamped down.

There really are only minor doctrinal differences between them. >>>> Agree.

Some are more image conscious than others but ultimately they are all the branches of the same tree in the same way all of the christian religions have evolved over time.
I think they are all image conscious, some have learned from the mistakes of others, and their image has been as tarnished.
 
Tex: try replacing your LOL with HAHaHAHAHAHAHA!!!1! That would make your 'arguments' even more convincing :teacher:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom