• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Nightline Debate: Does Satan Exist?

Kathy, I'm still waiting for some good archeological evidence that the bible is true. Some evidence that is cited and published in archeological journals. Where is it?
Does citing the Qur'an count? There's a bunch of stuff about Jesus in that... virgin birth etc.
 
Does citing the Qur'an count? There's a bunch of stuff about Jesus in that... virgin birth etc.

In a word: no. The material on Jesus in the Qur'an - written between 600 an 700 - was cobbled from th Lucan Nativity and the noncanonical Infancy Gospels. The Talmud also mentions Jesus in material from ca. 300. It says that he studied magic in Egypt, made cuttings in his own flesh and that the Jews put him to death - by stoning - for the crime of blasphemy.
 
And still I wait for a response from Kurious Kathy.

Hey Tim and Sc I am in Maui on a family vacation so some of my resources are at home and I can't get to it right now, plus I do not have this info memorized since archeology is not one of my specific areas of special interest or study. I just know there are many new discoveries especially in the last few years so I would not ignore that. I can share some of the other info I have for you once I get back home.

Also you can also easily find other archeological discoveries that are documented well if you'll pick up a copy of an Archeology Bible. Since you seem very interested in this subject I think you'll find this resource very helpful. I do not own a copy myself but I have seen them and now maybe I'll buy one too so I can help others like you who have these kinds of questions.

P.S. I think this will have to be a new thread topic however because it has nothing to do with the OP.
 
Hey Tim and Sc I am in Maui on a family vacation so some of my resources are at home and I can't get to it right now, plus I do not have this info memorized since archeology is not one of my specific areas of special interest or study. I just know there are many new discoveries especially in the last few years so I would not ignore that. I can share some of the other info I have for you once I get back home.

Also you can also easily find other archeological discoveries that are documented well if you'll pick up a copy of an Archeology Bible. Since you seem very interested in this subject I think you'll find this resource very helpful. I do not own a copy myself but I have seen them and now maybe I'll buy one too so I can help others like you who have these kinds of questions.

P.S. I think this will have to be a new thread topic however because it has nothing to do with the OP.
That's fair. I will wait until you get back to start a new thread providing this archeological evidence. Until then, I shall assume that no such evidence exist and that the bible remains...fantasy developed from myths and legends that were greatly exaggerated stories of some likely true historical events.
 

Kurious_Kathy
has not yet exhibited the capacity to think critically. Best I can tell, shes just a mindless proselytizer.

Oh so you don't think I came to the conclusion I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness using any critical thinking skills? That's messed up!

I think it takes way more guts and critical thinking skills to admit I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness, than to make excuses to deny the truth. We have all fallen short of the glory of God and without Jesus no one is unltimately going to be okay!
 
Oh so you don't think I came to the conclusion I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness using any critical thinking skills?
Yes.
That's messed up!
Most definitely
I think it takes way more guts and critical thinking skills to admit I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness, than to make excuses to deny the truth. We have all fallen short of the glory of God and without Jesus no one is unltimately going to be okay!
You obviously have no idea what Critical Thinking actually means. Once you learn how to read a dictionary, come back and speak to the adults. Now run off and go play make-belief.
 
Oh so you don't think I came to the conclusion I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness using any critical thinking skills? That's messed up!

I think it takes way more guts and critical thinking skills to admit I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness, than to make excuses to deny the truth. We have all fallen short of the glory of God and without Jesus no one is unltimately going to be okay!

So why would God punish us for being the way he made us?
 
We have all fallen short of the glory of God and without Jesus no one is unltimately going to be okay!
So, we're not gods, big deal, we never said we where.

You think this so-called god made us, well he has done a bad job, and you want that to be our fault. That would be much like the customer being at fault for anything wrong with their car, but not the manufacture of their car.

It is your so-called god that has sinned, it is the one that should have to ask forgiveness from us, the ones that are stuck with its bad designs and plains, you have to all backwards KK.

Paul

:) :) :)
 
I think it takes way more guts and critical thinking skills to admit I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness, than to make excuses to deny the truth. We have all fallen short of the glory of God and without Jesus no one is unltimately going to be okay!
Can you identify what skills these are which helps you admit you are a sinner?

Since your statement clearly implies that you have "way more critical thinking skills" than the rest of us, it shouldn't be hard for you to enumerate what these are and teach them to us.
 
Last edited:
kurious_kathy said:
Oh so you don't think I came to the conclusion I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness using any critical thinking skills? That's messed up!

I think it takes way more guts and critical thinking skills to admit I am a sinner in need of God's forgiveness, than to make excuses to deny the truth. We have all fallen short of the glory of God and without Jesus no one is unltimately going to be okay!

^This

supports that |
V
AkuManiMani said:
Kurious_Kathy has not yet exhibited the capacity to think critically. Best I can tell, shes just a mindless proselytizer.
 
In reply to a query for sources of archeological evidence which confirms the bibical claims, KK wrote:
P.S. I think this will have to be a new thread topic however because it has nothing to do with the OP.
2nd August 2009 08:34 AM

Wrong, very wrong, kurious_kathy.
You yourself brought up the subject in this post:

Okay Mr critical thinker,
What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?
What about all the archeological evidence?
What about all the scientific proof?
You are really not using your critical thinking skills if you have ignored the things!

Satan is so cunning at his game he has blinded you to the proof that God does exist, but I am praying God will open your eyes before it is too late for you!

So tell us about the archeological evidence, please.
 
Wrong, very wrong, kurious_kathy.<snip/>

So tell us about the archeological evidence, please.
Dear KK,

I have a tip for you:
When - in a discussion on a critical thinking forum - you find yourself in a hole, stop digging​

HTH :)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom