• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged bullet hole in the windshield of JFK's limo/ You might be...

Yes i get your point. Even though the limo at one point was closer to Oswald right after it made the turn. It is not an easier shot simply because you would need a sweeping motion left to right while standing to make your shot. Much easier to shoot at an object moving away from you with the barrel resting on the boxes. Like shooting at a cowboy riding off into the sunset. Take note that his first shot missed probably for those reasons. But the driver could not know that. Since all he knew was that he heard the shots from behind. Also evidenced by Connelly's head turn. His impulse was to drive away. Also it is documented that people in the motorcade behind that had not yet made the turn looked up to the window after the shots were fired. So Tell us why you would back into the killing zone?
If the door locks behind you. YES!!!I see acceleration well before the bridge, Shortly after Jackie reaches over the trunk which is about 175-225 feet till the bridge.

It would not be backing into a killing zone... if the sniper can not take a shot until you enter it. Therefore backing up takes you out of the killing zone. If you were in the killing zone sooner he would have taken the shot sooner. he had to wait until a certain point on the road to take that shot.

The whole explanation for backing up/reversing your direction of travel is the point of not knowing where the sniper is..All you knwo is as you were walking/driving there were no shots until you reached a certain point in the road. So common sense tells you to get back to a point when no shots were fired. That is the safest thing to do. PERIOD

you know at point A no shots...point B (shots fired) you have now entered an area that leaves you open to getting shot..so why continue in a straight line to point C in this area? Point C maybe a safe spot but you do not know where the sniper is but you do know 2 things:

1.) at point A you were not shot at
2.) once you reached point B the sniper fired at you

so where do you head? If you have any common sense at all its back to point A because you know there was something about point A that kept the sniper from firing at you.

Same principle here..Thats all i'm trying to say...You enter a danger zone the quickest way out is the way you came in..not driving across it.
 
It would not be backing into a killing zone... if the sniper can not take a shot until you enter it. Therefore backing up takes you out of the killing zone. If you were in the killing zone sooner he would have taken the shot sooner. he had to wait until a certain point on the road to take that shot.

The whole explanation for backing up/reversing your direction of travel is the point of not knowing where the sniper is..All you knwo is as you were walking/driving there were no shots until you reached a certain point in the road. So common sense tells you to get back to a point when no shots were fired. That is the safest thing to do. PERIOD

you know at point A no shots...point B (shots fired) you have now entered an area that leaves you open to getting shot..so why continue in a straight line to point C in this area? Point C maybe a safe spot but you do not know where the sniper is but you do know 2 things:

1.) at point A you were not shot at
2.) once you reached point B the sniper fired at you

so where do you head? If you have any common sense at all its back to point A because you know there was something about point A that kept the sniper from firing at you.

Same principle here..Thats all i'm trying to say...You enter a danger zone the quickest way out is the way you came in..not driving across it.

We get what you're saying. The logistics of what you say is protocol was not an option on that day, unless you can figure out a way to back up an entire motorcade about two blocks and back through the line of fire. And even if you could, the safest option is to hit the gas and get hell out of Dodge. I mean, you're not seriously debating this are you?

Also, are you going to answer the questions I asked before? Specifically, is the Secret Service guilty of murdering the president?
 
We get what you're saying. The logistics of what you say is protocol was not an option on that day, unless you can figure out a way to back up an entire motorcade about two blocks and back through the line of fire. And even if you could, the safest option is to hit the gas and get hell out of Dodge. I mean, you're not seriously debating this are you?

Also, are you going to answer the questions I asked before? Specifically, is the Secret Service guilty of murdering the president?

No I am not suspecting the secret service of being guilty of murder..lol I just thought they were a little slow to respond compared to what I have seen in the past i.e. Regan getting shot...

I didnt answer the questions because everytime i quoted someone there was a URL and I kept losing everything i wrote so I gave up..lol

I see your and everyones point and respect it... I just feel no one is seeing my point as to what I am trying to make.....You all are talking like I do not know where he was shot from and that The first shot taken was at the end of the killing zone and it wasnt it was the entrance to it..hence why there were more shots that followed as they "sped" off thru it leaving oswald more oportunities to shoot.
 
No I am not suspecting the secret service of being guilty of murder..lol I just thought they were a little slow to respond compared to what I have seen in the past i.e. Regan getting shot...


The Reagan assassination attempt was almost 20 years after the Kennedy assassination. Plenty of time for some "lessons learned" memos to circulate amongst the Secret Service? Besides, foiling Reagan's would-be assassin hardly went like clockwork, did it? I doubt (or at least hope) that you feel there's anything suspicious about that, though?

I've said it 100 times before and I'll say it agin; life is not like a James Bond movie, and believe me, no one is less pleased about that than I am.:D
 
No I am not suspecting the secret service of being guilty of murder..lol I just thought they were a little slow to respond compared to what I have seen in the past i.e. Regan getting shot...

I didnt answer the questions because everytime i quoted someone there was a URL and I kept losing everything i wrote so I gave up..lol

I see your and everyones point and respect it... I just feel no one is seeing my point as to what I am trying to make.....You all are talking like I do not know where he was shot from and that The first shot taken was at the end of the killing zone and it wasnt it was the entrance to it..hence why there were more shots that followed as they "sped" off thru it leaving oswald more oportunities to shoot.

No one's saying that the Secret Service did a stellar job that day, although it certainly could have been worse and they weren't to blame for everything going wrong.

We all see your point crystal clear. What we're questioning (at least I am) is if you're getting the protocol right. All the evidence from that day suggest that reversing position wouldn't be correct protocol. But, for the sake of argument, let's say it was. Would it be safe to assume that there would be a "Plan B" in place? Plan B being, "you know, if we have a motorcade behind us, perhaps we should hit the gas to the nearest hospital instead of running into to them, not knowing when or where, exactly, the shooter has the best opportunity to shoot. After all, we can rest assured that we're out of the target area once we get passed the underpass."


You all are talking like I do not know where he was shot from and that The first shot taken was at the end of the killing zone and it wasnt it was the entrance to it..hence why there were more shots that followed as they "sped" off thru it leaving oswald more oportunities to shoot.

Two things:
1.) We know where the shots we're fired from after the fact. The Secret Service did not know at the time of the shootings where they were coming from. In fact, I'd say this is quite clearly the most controversial aspect of the entire assassination, yes?

2.) There were NO shots fire after the limousine sped off. I'd say that's pretty clear for a couple of reasons: The killer already had his head shot and there weren't any more opportunities as the limousine was out of sight. Again, this is pretty obvious if you've looked out the building from Oswald's window. There's a video here and here.
 
This "protocol" sounds more to me like something a video gamer would come up with .
Or someone briefing an patrol looking for insurgents in Fallujah in 2009, but not something many security agencies had experience with in 1963, particularly in a typical American city, with no dissent of any magnitude stirring the population for or against anything the JFK administration was doing and no real precedent to expect much more than the occasional whacko like the Umbrella Man demonstrating his peculiar psychosis about Joe Kennedy.
 
This "protocol" sounds more to me like something a video gamer would come up with .
Or someone briefing an patrol looking for insurgents in Fallujah in 2009, but not something many security agencies had experience with in 1963, particularly in a typical American city, with no dissent of any magnitude stirring the population for or against anything the JFK administration was doing and no real precedent to expect much more than the occasional whacko like the Umbrella Man demonstrating his peculiar psychosis about Joe Kennedy.

That's what I'm saying.

Although to be fair, there was some dissent, which was part of the reason for visiting Dallas in the first place.
 
Even if it was proper protocol generally speaking, (which I still doubt), did backing into a line of slow moving cars and motorcycles away from the line of fire make the most sense in this specific situation? The issue wasn't that they are trying to avoid getting shot, two of the passengers have already been shot. One of them (The President of the United States, no less) was clearly grievously wounded and if there was to be any hopes of saving him, time was of the essence. Wouldn't the smartest thing to do be to get them to the nearest hospital using the fastest, most direct route? To me there's a big difference between how one should act to avoid a being injured and how one should act if one is already injured.
 
No one's saying that the Secret Service did a stellar job that day, although it certainly could have been worse and they weren't to blame for everything going wrong.

We all see your point crystal clear. What we're questioning (at least I am) is if you're getting the protocol right. All the evidence from that day suggest that reversing position wouldn't be correct protocol. But, for the sake of argument, let's say it was. Would it be safe to assume that there would be a "Plan B" in place? Plan B being, "you know, if we have a motorcade behind us, perhaps we should hit the gas to the nearest hospital instead of running into to them, not knowing when or where, exactly, the shooter has the best opportunity to shoot. After all, we can rest assured that we're out of the target area once we get passed the underpass."




Two things:
1.) We know where the shots we're fired from after the fact. The Secret Service did not know at the time of the shootings where they were coming from. In fact, I'd say this is quite clearly the most controversial aspect of the entire assassination, yes?

2.) There were NO shots fire after the limousine sped off. I'd say that's pretty clear for a couple of reasons: The killer already had his head shot and there weren't any more opportunities as the limousine was out of sight. Again, this is pretty obvious if you've looked out the building from Oswald's window. There's a video

The only reason I brought up the limo speeding off was from another response basically saying when the shots started they sped off to avoid them...atleast thats how i took it.

Even if it was proper protocol generally speaking, (which I still doubt), did backing into a line of slow moving cars and motorcycles away from the line of fire make the most sense in this specific situation? The issue wasn't that they are trying to avoid getting shot, two of the passengers have already been shot. One of them (The President of the United States, no less) was clearly grievously wounded and if there was to be any hopes of saving him, time was of the essence. Wouldn't the smartest thing to do be to get them to the nearest hospital using the fastest, most direct route? To me there's a big difference between how one should act to avoid a being injured and how one should act if one is already injured.

I can agree with this...I don't believe in conspiracy here..I just have seen so much about the kennedy assasination I always see something I want to question....I find this a fascinating subject for me to learn from...Thanks for the good discussion about this...;)
 
The only reason I brought up the limo speeding off was from another response basically saying when the shots started they sped off to avoid them...atleast thats how i took it.

That certainly played a role in them speeding up.
 
Last edited:
Found a scale model of Dealey Plaza with the motorcade and persons of interest.
There's nothing like this in the contemporary media.
Added some text..
 

Attachments

  • Motorcade-modelledA.jpg
    Motorcade-modelledA.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Motorcade-modelled-02A.jpg
    Motorcade-modelled-02A.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Well it wouldn't have sped up before the shooting...

damn y'all take stuff so literally..lol

Someone mentioned earlier that it would have been safer to speed off when the first shot was fired......ooookkkk?

All i was saying is they did not speed off until after the fatal head shot when they were insinuating that the limo did speed off once the first shot was fired...get it?
 
I think the repeating watching of someone getting his head blown off has a negative cognitive effect on some minds, resulting on all the random reaching for conspiracies. I almost wish they didn't have a video of it, CTists be damned. What a horrible way to go, and in front of your wife no less.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom