Ryan, you know I'm a huge fan of your work and you've helped me out a ton in the past, but to be honest I can't believe you wasted two half hours talking about the absolute stupidest claims in the 9/11 truth movement...
Then you missed the point just like everyone (so far) in the Truth Movement has.
The point of the show was not to debunk any specific claim. Every one of them has already been debunked. Nobody cares when we debunk them all en masse -- for evidence, look at my three hundred page destruction of Dr. Griffin. That was about as comprehensive a squashing as I could manage. The remnant of the Truth Movement carries on like it never happened.
It isn't a question of stomping any given truther's individual pet claim. This could go on forever, and even when we do, it has no effect.
Instead, again, I am giving you the tools to debunk any claim. That is the point of the lecture. It's like Ron says at the outset: He knew the idea of aircraft crashing through made sense, but he couldn't prove it or put numbers to it. This process does that for you.
In going through that discussion, it makes sense to present an expose on claims that (nearly) everyone is already comfortable with. You don't just jump in and tackle something difficult. You practice first.
Even though the "no planer" example is only believed by the weirdest of the weird, the discussion nonetheless addresses misconceptions held by numerous people, including the same Truth Movement supporters who claim to be up in arms about no-planers. For instance, what is the value of evidence and precedent. How do you construct a model, and why. How do you establish scientific fact without having pieces in your hand. I've seen any number of people here get confused on those points.
That is the point of the lecture -- to explain the process of scientific investigation. There are no valid Truth Movement claims and never have been, and this has been obvious to practically everyone with a science degree from day one. With this kind of reasoning, it will be obvious to you as well. And if the Truth Movement ever comes up with a reasonable claim, this is the method to analyze it. You are therefore now covered for any current and any future claim that might appear.
I haven't seen the third show yet. In it, do you move away from the no-planers to tackle the more mainstream claims?
The third show is about modeling, the effects of scaling, and using models to answer questions. We use the WTC collapse cases as a backdrop.
Are those more "mainstream" claims? To me, they're all pretty stupid, and I can say that with full confidence since I've done the analysis. Which ever one is your favorite, or anyone else's, is strictly individual opinion. Without exception, they're all wrong. If you disagree with this statement, I issue a challenge in the back of the presentation. Step up to the plate and let's talk about it.
Last edited: