More Richard Gage Lies and Incompetence: molten metal
While I'm at it, I'll list a few more examples of what a lying jackass Richard Gage is.
Unusual erosion of a few steel pieces
In his PowerPoint presentation and on radio shows, Gage says this about the three pieces of steel that were preserved because they showed an anomalous eutectic formation, which occurred at temperatures far below the melting point of steel:
"FEMA finds rapid oxidation and intergranular melting on structural steel samples"
"Fire doesn't do this to steel." NIST "Threw this documentation out the window. It went as far as the world trade center, landing 500, 600 feet away." (laughs)
"This one got burned up by all the molten metal I suppose. "It's nowhere to be found in the NIST report."
This is further proof that Gage didn't read the NIST report. Not only are these strangely-eroded pieces discussed
for several pages in NCSTAR 1-3C, but NIST did their own analysis that resulted in several different conclusions from FEMA's analysis.
Of the one piece that came from a column that could be site-identified, the column was below the 53rd floor and the damage was done while it was in a horizontal position: in the piles. There's even a photo of the whole column in the NIST report, showing that it clearly was not attacked by thermite, thermate, or any other fantasy weapons the truthers want to name.
To reiterate:
–Gage says information about this steel is "nowhere to be found in the NIST report."
–Not only is the information in the NIST report, it is discussed at length, and NIST didn't rely on previous findings. They tested it themselves.
–Further, tests continued to be done by metallurgy labs on this phenomenon, and it was discovered that it could be reproduced with a variety of common contaminants. (See WPI seminar presentation summaries on my website).
Tons of molten steel or iron?
This came up in the Hardfire shows, and is claimed by Gage in his radio shows and PowerPoint presentation:
“Tons of molten Metal found by FDNY and numerous other experts under all 3 high-rises.”
“Tons of it seen by the first responders and the demolition workers. Months afterwards.”
“They would bring up these multi-ton chunks of this previously molten substance, which turns out to be iron.”
There's just one problem: Gage can't name a single person who was there and claims this. I can name someone (as I did on Hardfire) who was there the whole time and didn't see any such thing: Dave Peraza, the engineer in charge of all Ground Zero cleanup.
Peraza told me, "I never saw pools or lakes of molten, or previously molten, steel. Neither in the subgrade levels, nor as material that was loaded onto trucks by the grapplers and cranes."
He went on to say, "By the way, some of the conspiracy theories state that the steel was sent to the scrap yards, presumably to destroy evidence of the conspiracy. I participated in the decision, ultimately made by DDC, to not retain the majority of the steel. I guess I was part of the conspiracy!”