• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What ELSE about Obama am I going to find out about?!

Putting aside the political overlay, what do folks think of the analysis? Cashill makes the following points:

There is another thread on this where the consensus seems to be that Cashill's subjective methods, while interesting to some, are subjective, and therefore inadequate. He didn't properly do the cusum analysis, although Mr Gold (who he mentions) did. Then through some research we found that cusum analysis is not particularly accurate. Which leaves us with Cashill's not-properly-tested hypothesis. Failing to put aside the political overlay unfortunately made the thread about 5 times longer than necessary.
 
Ah...did somebody post a link to that thread earlier? I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. There might be some other statistical analyses that would be interesting to see, but maybe we should wait until Nov. 5th to do them...might get rid of that overlay.

Wouldn't it be weird if people actually based their presidential selection upon this sort of thing?

BTW, I think De Vere was totally Shakespeare, which is why I voted against Bacon as Lord Chancellor.
 
There's his grandmother in Kenya talking about how she was there for Obama's birth. That would contradict him being born in Hawaii. Unless he's one of those born-again types. And I've already shown you evidence of him giving up his US citizenship.

You can shoot the messenger all you want. From what is talked about I think the case at least has merit. Much of this evidence will be presented in court and it's up to the courts to decide.

Could you provide the link for the grandmother’s comment?
 
Could you provide the link for the grandmother’s comment?
When Baltar first mentioned this I went on a hunt to find a direct, first hand quote. Couldn't find one.

What I did find was the same story making the claim over and over again. It had been copied and pasted several times because it was the same wording with the same YELLING IN ALL CAPS. But no quote of what was actually said, when, or to whom.

I'm not saying she didn't say it. I have no evidence about it either way. I will say that this has all the appearances of a good ol' fashioned internet rumor.
 
Ok, to all of those still following along, I did a little research and found the court filings online. (The Internet is a wonderful thing). So that no one else has to spend 2 hrs of their life looking at mostly boring docs, here is a synopsis taken from here:

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-paedce/case_no-2:2008cv04083/case_id-281573/

It's a little confusing, because what appear to be Court orders are sometimes jammed together with party filings, so its a bit tricky sorting out what the court has actually ordered from the individual filings. Anyway, here is what the docs indicate:

1) Motion to dismiss on standing grounds was denied on Sept 29th. (filing #13). This seems strange since as far as I can tell Berg is simply asserting "I'm a citizen, therefore I will be damaged and therefore I can sue", which is usually a quick ticket to dismissal. This is exactly why the McCain suit was dismissed. However, later docs indicate the court is still considering the motion to dismiss.

2) The court granted in part and denied in part a protective order to stay discovery pending ruling on the motion to dismiss on Oct 12th. (filing #18) The court apparently ordered the birth certificate and other documents and some answers to "admissions" to be turned over by the 15th. Those documents do not appear however, so its unclear if they were not produced or if the website just has not been updated.

3) The last doc is on the 15th with someone named "Judson Witham" seeking to intervene as an additional plaintiff. (filing #19). You can read this filing if you want to get an example of how NOT to file a brief. Here is a just from the opening paragraph: "AS A MEMBER OF THE VOTING PUBLIC WITH STANDING TO KNOW the FACTS". Which is just bat poop crazy talk and has no basis in law. And yes, the all caps is in the filing. It goes down hill from there. Apparently Mr Witham has some association with BYU since that is where the fax was sent from. Go figure.

So in summary, as far as I can tell the case has not been dismissed (much to my surprise), but it might still be. Docs have been ordered to be produced, but none appear yet. So, they may have been delivered or they may not have been and there may be other filings and appeals that I'm not aware of, but there you have it.

One other interesting bit, someone named T. B. Bradley from GA also submitted a brief to intervene as a Plaintiff, and then also submitted a brief to appear as a Jane Doe, for the court's eyes only. But its on the website, including their mailing address. (it's a po box) I just found that humorous for some reason.
 
Last edited:
When Baltar first mentioned this I went on a hunt to find a direct, first hand quote. Couldn't find one.

What I did find was the same story making the claim over and over again. It had been copied and pasted several times because it was the same wording with the same YELLING IN ALL CAPS. But no quote of what was actually said, when, or to whom.

I'm not saying she didn't say it. I have no evidence about it either way. I will say that this has all the appearances of a good ol' fashioned internet rumor.

If you want to do a bit more research on the alleged “Obama birth in Africa” story you can find some references here. For now, I am skeptical of this claim.

http://www.colony14.net/id41.html
 
Obama, the dude on the stage on 1-20-09..........

Deal with THAT Ok?

McCain will slide back into that Beer heiress's Slit, and find a way to disappear!

I envy you John...
 
If you want to do a bit more research on the alleged “Obama birth in Africa” story you can find some references here.
That site mostly floats the already debunked ideas that Baltar presented earlier or outright errors like saying groups like FactCheck.org have only reviewed scans of Obama's birth certificate and not a physical copy.

That You Tube video I posted is an interview with Obama's Kenyan grandmother. She does talk about meeting her grandson for the first time, but does not mention being at his birth.
 
Last edited:
In summary:

Cashill, a conspiracy theorist and extreme ideologue of notoriety, made a phenomenal claim involving a nonsensical transaction with no supporting evidence other than self-referential.

Is that about right?
 
Last edited:
In summary:

Cashill, a conspiracy theorist and extreme ideologue of notoriety, made a phenomenal claim involving a nonsensical transaction with no supporting evidence other than self-referential.

Is that about right?
Oops. Wrong thread. :o
 
I really cannot believe this thread is still going on.

There is ample evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii as has been posted.

Has it been brought up by anyone, that Hawaii itself must have a Registry dept., that has on record Obama being born there, and exactly to the time of day? Was he born in a hospital or in a manger? If in a hospital, the hospital should have a record. And if records got destroyed due to some statute of limitation requirements, then the state registry, as stated.

Wouldn't this end the discussion right then and there? Or aren't there records?
 
Wouldn't this end the discussion right then and there? Or aren't there records?
There go the goalposts. I thought the birth certificate would end the discussion right then and there. The birth announcement in the local newspaper didn't end the discussion right then and there. The State Department issued US Passport didn't end the discussion right then and there.

Why is this different?

Why assume the hospital keeps 47 year old records?

Why is it so important to you to believe that Obama lied about this?
 
....could it be that 'Iamme' has nothing else to pin his hopes (of pinning something, anything even remotely extraordinary) on Sen. Obama..?
 
....and the lawsuit is dismissed.

I suppose it would be optimistic of me to assume that this particular silliness is over? Someone will surely come up with another completely implausible reason to believe that Obama is not a natural born US citizen?
 
Just to throughly beat this dead horse, even World Net Daily, which will buy into just about any kind of Right Wing craziness, could not find anything to support Berg's claims. And they thought this way back in August.
 
oh iamme, here's something you're going to find out about obama: he's the president of the united states.

:)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom